• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Don't you guys love when an item bought online arrives at your home, you try it on just to find the fit is so damn perfect that you want to cry? :p

The Mastrum jacket that I posted some pages back arrived today and I have to say it has to be one of the finest jackets that I own. The fabric, the details, the color, and as I said, the fit, are marvelous and beyond...

Also, the inner lining, which I wasn't aware of because none of the pictures in the site showed it, is gorgeous. The inside of the pockets has the softest fleece ever.

I'm not writing all this to brag (well... maybe a little) but to say that if you have a slim build and you like Mastrum's designs, go ahead and buy some of their clothes. You will not be disappointed, on the contrary!!!

This night I'm going to rock my new red jacket B-)

PS: Thanks to freenudefloralshirtsmacusers, who sometime ago suggested me to look for new clothes at Mastrum website.

Don't you guys love when an item bought online arrives at your home, you try it on just to find the fit is so damn perfect that you want to cry? :p

The Mastrum jacket that I posted some pages back arrived today and I have to say it has to be one of the finest jackets that I own. The fabric, the details, the color, and as I said, the fit, are marvelous and beyond...

Also, the inner lining, which I wasn't aware of because none of the pictures in the site showed it, is gorgeous. The inside of the pockets has the softest fleece ever.

I'm not writing all this to brag (well... maybe a little) but to say that if you have a slim build and you like Mastrum's designs, go ahead and buy some of their clothes. You will not be disappointed, on the contrary!!!

This night I'm going to rock my new red jacket B-)

PS: Thanks to freenudefloralshirtsmacusers, who sometime ago suggested me to look for new clothes at Mastrum website.
could you post it again? always in the market for a good jacket

Midas

I'm looking for below, anyone seen it? I've yet to see it in any stores online. Dries SS14.

_D7Q0470.683x1024.JPG

zeopower6

Band collar

Looks good. :D

I'm looking for below, anyone seen it? I've yet to see it in any stores online. Dries SS14.

Looks like Barneys has a lot of stuff from that collection up but a lot of pieces are not available. It looks like you had talked to them directly and that they would be able to ship it to you... did you ever try to get it that way or is that a last resort? Or was it another item entirely?

Did anyone ever get these and is it possible to find them anywhere? :x

get yourself some issey or yohji outerwear for that shirt and you're golden

midas; I don't think a lot of ss buys are completely stocked yet. you're best bet is to call/write the flagship and see what's up

also this

62600.jpg

is very weird.

I don't know how you guys sort through the massive amounts of inventory on sites like yoox, farfetch, etc.

I feel like I'm drowning over here. Virtually drowning.

zeopower6

I don't know how you guys sort through the massive amounts of inventory on sites like yoox, farfetch, etc.

I feel like I'm drowning over here. Virtually drowning.

Patience? lol

I just looked through like 1000+ items trying to find that item....

it's like speedreading...

...maybe i should make a speedshopping app. nobody take this idea pls, i need to learn coding first.

I'm sure there's something like that out there... but maybe it's sort of limited to those with endless wallet funds :/

here's how it's gonna work. it flips through pics at a variable rate of speed (gathered from various webstores and sites of your choosing), and you can hit a button to pause, rewind, or 'keep'. kept items go into a separate folder for further editing down before purchase.

ofc there will be price and etc filters. we can even do leaderboards and shit.

who wants to help me make this.

zeopower6

here's how it's gonna work. it flips through pics at a variable rate of speed (gathered from various webstores and sites of your choosing), and you can hit a button to pause, rewind, or 'keep'. kept items go into a separate folder for further editing down before purchase.

So like hot or not but with clothing? I wonder how you'd get it to grab the assets because sometimes sites are weird :p

Kraftwerk

Please no...I would go bankrupt if such an app existed. I am glad I miss a lot of items online.

Please no...I would go bankrupt if such an app existed. I am glad I miss a lot of items online.
sounds like i need to get a cut of every sale.

edit: this tom daxon stuff iridium stuff is cool. it's like a nice flowery vetiver that's been cryogenically frozen and brought back to life using alien technology and shit.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Still looking for a light sand/khaki trench or peacoat-length suitable for short dudes, like one that's not going to go past my knees. :(

Tried one from Yesstyle, figuring those Asian cuts would be better for my frame and it was still way too big. Ugh.

zeopower6

Still looking for a light sand/khaki trench or peacoat-length suitable for short dudes, like one that's not going to go past my knees. :(

Tried one from Yesstyle, figuring those Asian cuts would be better for my frame and it was still way too big. Ugh.

You may just have to get one that you like tailored to you :(

cryptic

Will any lanolin fix up dry spots on a lamb skin leather jacket? I have a scented kind meant for skin but I'm hoping the absorption and use will remove any bad lanolin scent.

Oh yeah, if anyone knows of any good winter jacket sales I'd appreciate it.

NinjaBoiX

Your shirt turned out well Style Fox!
If anything I wish it was longer.

dgKsGFW.jpg
Nah, I hate long fitting tops. Whatever, t-shirts, sweaters, hoodies, I like them to hang quite high, just below the belt line ideally.

But then I'm a shortarse, best not to accentuate it eh?

Midas

Looks good. :D

Looks like Barneys has a lot of stuff from that collection up but a lot of pieces are not available. It looks like you had talked to them directly and that they would be able to ship it to you... did you ever try to get it that way or is that a last resort? Or was it another item entirely?

Did anyone ever get these and is it possible to find them anywhere? :x

Funny thing is that Dries HQ in Antwerpen said that the store would get it, the store then said that they wouldn't. But they would check if they could get one for me, really don't know anymore though hehe.

But they mentioned mid-March, which is soon. So I'll ask again about it and see if they can give me a list of stores in NY which bought it. My colleague told me that he could call Amex and ask them to buy it and ship it to me. Sounds a bit too much perhaps but I would really like to have it.

On another note, was looking for their shorts, or pants as they call them. But that price tag? Come on now.

http://www.sotostore.com/store/dries-van-noten-prodo-pants-gol

sruckus

I just downloaded the ASOS app. At least on iOS, it's really nice! I just love how smooth it feels and browsing and content layout is great. Although, I'd like some gestures to go back and such. This is when native wins IMO.

I do wish ASOS would fix their site and group similar items together if the only thing different is the color. Uniqlo is bad at this too.

MegalonJJ

Banned
I'm thinking of getting this leather biker jacket. It's only £2995, which is under 3 grand, so quite worth it imo.

But I want to hear ManshionGaf's opinion? (I'm also thinking of maybe asking the rest of Gaf in a separate thread...what say you?)

dd4eb6ea2858d1c2eea190526a2b9c2c9bd85db9

Top Bottom