• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

zeopower6

Trying to choose between these two colors. Navy is speaking to my heart, but the fact that it won't work with blue pants/jeans is keeping me from pulling the trigger. They would look sooo good with khaki chinos or my burnt orange jeans though.

Images of the shoes are nice but we need to see what they would be working with. ~_~

Also, Midnights, did you go to that place in Newport Beach yet?

did anyone catch ghesquire's debut show for lv?

Yeah, I watched it live last night. Kinda boring, honestly. I was expecting something more, and I was disappointed he ignored the DNA of LV that Marc created, which is to say, the theatricality of the shows and the clothes. Either way, doesn't really affect me, with Kim Jones still doing menswear.

giga

Images of the shoes are nice but we need to see what they would be working with. ~_~

Also, Midnights, did you go to that place in Newport Beach yet?
You mean what pants? For navy, I said chinos and burnt orange jeans. Also a pair of light blue pants:

74620_WD7860_m

Just back from a'marees. The store itself is pure class. It's huge, they're right on the water and the setup is nice. The mens selection is limited to say the least but you'll find things there you won't find anywhere else. If they had common projects black achilles I would have died but no luck there. Said they would get more mens stuff soon.

Their collection of cdg fragrances was real nice but no amazingreen. So I settled for play green which is an equally acceptable leafy green fragrance that is amazing. I can't stand that musky bullshit so stuff like this is right up my alley.

I will say this though it was nothing but old ladies in there. I was probably the only guy below 45 to walk in there that day if there was any guys at all.

zeopower6

I think brown would probably be the most versatile... do you buy shoes often? If not, I'd say go for the least limiting option.

When I walked in through those doors I was all business. Also those women looked like they had all the money in the world and they spent it trying to regain just a moment of youth. The amount of plastic surgery.

I hate brown shoes.

zeopower6

When I walked in through those doors I was all business. Also those women looked like they had all the money in the world and they spent it trying to regain just a moment of youth. The amount of plastic surgery.

I hate brown shoes.

Sounds like that area of the OC to me...

And why?! :(

giga

I think brown would probably be the most versatile... do you buy shoes often? If not, I'd say go for the least limiting option.
Often? Maybe twice a year.

I have four different brown shoes. One of them is suede--but it's a derby, not a chukka.

Just back from a'marees. The store itself is pure class. It's huge, they're right on the water and the setup is nice. The mens selection is limited to say the least but you'll find things there you won't find anywhere else. If they had common projects black achilles I would have died but no luck there. Said they would get more mens stuff soon.

Their collection of cdg fragrances was real nice but no amazingreen. So I settled for play green which is an equally acceptable leafy green fragrance that is amazing. I can't stand that musky bullshit so stuff like this is right up my alley.

I will say this though it was nothing but old ladies in there. I was probably the only guy below 45 to walk in there that day if there was any guys at all.
p sure they have the black achilles in my local nordstroms

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Nordies in Seattle (flagship store, of course) has 'em too.

I always have confused feelings of envy and lust in the high-end shoe section.

yeah not all nordstroms are created equally; you can get chanel and slp at the nordstrom in seattle. have oddly never noticed cp there, but they do have a lot of jimmy choo and the like.

How good is tres bien shipping/exchange policy? I'm looking at getting the pair of cp's from there but man my history with shipping sneakers is a nightmare.

I told you guys the one time where someone swapped out the shoes in the box with some junk, then there was the packaging being all shitty ruining the suede, and finally saying it was delivered but nothing ever came. Also, do I have to pay customs? What's the deal with the 20% off non-european customers? I'm assuming I'll be charged somewhere else and that's their way of keeping it fair.

How good is tres bien shipping/exchange policy? I'm looking at getting the pair of cp's from there but man my history with shipping sneakers is a nightmare.

I told you guys the one time where someone swapped out the shoes in the box with some junk, then there was the packaging being all shitty ruining the suede, and finally saying it was delivered but nothing ever came. Also, do I have to pay customs? What's the deal with the 20% off non-european customers? I'm assuming I'll be charged somewhere else and that's their way of keeping it fair.

If you're worried about shipping/exchance policies while buying CPs online, why not just buy from The Corner?

Also I'll be in NYC mid march for a week, where should I shop?

5th Avenue is just a looooong stretch of clothing stores, loads of nice stores in soho too on and around mercer street

Yeah, I watched it live last night. Kinda boring, honestly. I was expecting something more, and I was disappointed he ignored the DNA of LV that Marc created, which is to say, the theatricality of the shows and the clothes. Either way, doesn't really affect me, with Kim Jones still doing menswear.

yeah true, guess i didn't miss anything interesting then

LJ11

Didn't pay any customs when I ordered, marked down the product to nothing. As for the 20%, theyre deducting VAT for non euros. Packaging was fine. I've also returned items, was painless but you're going to pay to ship it back, think they charge 30-35 via FedEx.

If you're worried about shipping/exchance policies while buying CPs online, why not just buy from The Corner?

Corner doesn't have low black achilles. They got high ones.

Naked and Famous is really losing me. Woke up this morning and the stitching on my midnight stretch was coming apart. Same thing happened to my black power stretch that I repaired.

Dry cleaning over here is 6 bucks a shirt. I've cold washed hang dried plenty of j crew shirts they never shrank. I'm perplexed as to what happened to your shirt.

zeopower6

feel. anything of mine that's not a t-shirt gets dry-cleaned

Honestly, I'd imagine most of your wardrobe is dry clean only anyway, haha. :p

I don't really have anything worth dry cleaning... but I try to handwash things that would otherwise become mangled in the laundry.

Spring is coming so its time to buy some new boots. I really love the Allen Edmond Eagle County boots, but the reviews say the soles break down easily. Where do you recommend?

Top Bottom