• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Did anyone ever get these and is it possible to find them anywhere? :x

I don't think they're available to buy anywhere anymore. Unforch. Those glorious cat shorts will be mine someday though, I swear it! I'll find them on eBay or in a thrift shop or something mark my words!!!

zeopower6

I don't think they're available to buy anywhere anymore. Unforch. Those glorious cat shorts will be mine someday though, I swear it! I'll find them on eBay or in a thrift shop or something mark my words!!!

I haven't even found anyone wearing them outside of promotional shots... :(

I want to see these in real life.

MegalonJJ

Banned
I don't think ot gaf supports or understands $5k leather biker jackets....mac ;p

Maybe I should have suggested wearing the leather jogging pants and Style Fox's leather t-shirt with it for ultimate Style.

So which resident member of Manshion-GAF is going to pull off this Saint Laurent piece at next year's PAX? That's the only event formal enough for something like this.

410848_mrp_in_xl.jpg
I'm voting Illithid.

all the best shoe trends in one

soiled leather? check
vagina (a la margiela)? check
weird lacing? check
rick owens tread? check

basically this is the only shoe you need

You know when I made those threads I didn't think it would become a thing. I really wanted some general opinions. I suppose the things I asked about were a bit out there for a forum not dedicated to clothing but still. I didn't realize they would be so strict about their conformity.

Here's a shirt for ill.

Alucrid

Banned
was going to make this a thread but i figured any more talk about clothes and neogaf wouldn't make it

Suit Supply
What The Lookbook Projects: You’re cool and bacchanalian and work as hard as you play. You're probably a misogynist, but that's never stopped you from gabbing a ton of tits. You're about style, not fashion because fashion is gay as shit.

What Wearing The Brand Is Actually Like: You have to wear a suit to work, but you're poor. You drunk text your ex's any chance you get. You own too many tie bars, but you're easily the best dressed guy in Evanston, Illinois.

J Crew
What The Lookbook Projects: You really want to wear brands like Nanamica and Sophnet and RRL and Engineered Garments, but you're too poor.

What Wearing The Brand Is Actually Like: You really want to wear brands like Nanamica and Sophnet and RRL and Engineered Garments, but you're too poor.

Visvim
What The Lookbook Projects: You live a quiet lifestyle centered around your adorable dog, smoking hot significant other and spend copious amounts of cash on things like vintage watches and fixer-upper motorcycles that inexplicably cost more than a new BMW.

What Wearing The Brand Is Actually Like: You own a pair of FBTs. You take pictures of them on Instagram.

Tom Ford
What The Lookbook Projects: You are very rich. So rich, in fact, that you are unabashed with your wealth. You smell really good.

What Wearing The Brand Is Actually Like: I don't really know anyone that owns Tom Ford other than the cologne. So, I'm assuming you smell really good and your houses are really minimal and you own a gray Porsche and your girlfriend wears really expensive lingerie and carries a Chloe bag and did I mention you smell really good?

http://four-pins.com/style/honest-lookbooks/

NinjaBoiX

I didn't realize they would be so strict about their conformity.
Well if that's what makes you feel better, but I don't think people we're negative to be conformist, it's just not a nice t-shirt. Especially for over £300.

And that thread reminded me that it was you asking if you should buy that incredibly tacky silver hologram denim jacket. I mean the leather t-shirt is just a bad idea and didn't really look that cool, but a shiny, pearlescent denim jacket? Hideous.

Fake edit: just reading some more, that leopard print shirt was you too? Yeah, if you're fashion choices are that, um, "outlandish" let's say, I wouldn't expect approval from a videogame forum.

But I do respect your confidence to feel you can pull this stuff off, I mean that without a hint of irony. It'd be dull if we all looked the same!
manshion's idea of fashion

neogaf's idea of fashion:
The dude on the bottom looks alright I guess. The dude at the top looks ridiculous. Did I get it right?

NinjaBoiX

Edit: I like that tee style fox.
yo this hate on the shiny denim jacket is hurting me. that was summer fresh, a crispy joint. a swaggy cop for cool dudes.
Some off the stuff I see in here just isn't my thing, but I can see how it might look cool on somebody. But this:

Style Fox said:

Seriously looks like something a 13 year old girl would wear for the novelty aspect, maybe so they look like a spaceman or something. That is one of the ugliest jackets I've ever seen. I just don't understand how any adult male would think he looked good in something like this. Each to their own I guess.

lenovox1

If the weather today was any sign then I made a big mistake buying anything that isn't a tee or shorts. I won't get to wear any of them for 6+ months.

The almanac said it would be a hotter than average spring and summer around most of the country, and Poor Richard got winter right.

friday

Seriously looks like something a 13 year old girl would wear for the novelty aspect, maybe so they look like a spaceman or something. That is one of the ugliest jackets I've ever seen. I just don't understand how any adult male would think he looked good in something like this. Each to their own I guess.

The N&F denim jacket fit is great though. I have it in black.

Cruz

Neo Member
i just have to loose my muffin top that the cold winter gave me and then ill feel like going through this thread

Top Bottom