• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

overcast

I have the money, but should I just wait until fall to grab a pair of desert boots? Given that we're about to hit a nice California summer. Or does it not make a difference?

I have the money, but should I just wait until fall to grab a pair of desert boots? Given that we're about to hit a nice California summer. Or does it not make a difference?
If by waiting you mean hoping for a sale I'd say it doesn't make much of a difference. Desert boots seem pretty non-seasonal to me. If anything, they'd be cheaper in the summer.

If you're just talking function then it's really your call. I'd say wait unless you've already picked out the pair you want. Otherwise go for it, they'll at the very least be good for nights out or something.

Lucky you gotta come down here and see how bad it is. Can't even wear clarks on summer days.

Given the weather situation I'm thinking of waiting for sales season on some of these online retailers.

overcast

If by waiting you mean hoping for a sale I'd say it doesn't make much of a difference. Desert boots seem pretty non-seasonal to me. If anything, they'd be cheaper in the summer.

If you're just talking function then it's really your call. I'd say wait unless you've already picked out the pair you want. Otherwise go for it, they'll at the very least be good for nights out or something.
I'll probably wait in that case. Might as well wait until summer, buy them for the fall and further use. Thanks for the help.

Search for sneakers begins now.

NinjaBoiX

Search for sneakers begins now.
Hi-tops man! You can't go far wrong with Adidas for my money, but Nike do some nice ones too. Unless of course you're intent on spending hundreds on "designer" ones that likely came out of the same factory. Anyway, here are two of the pairs I'd recommend for a fairly modest budget:

Adidas Originals Adi-Rise 2.0 - £69

glDnua6.jpg

Nike Backboard II - £49

OqN0R0W.jpg

And I bought these ones a few weeks back, a bit more understated if my usual style is a bit loud for you:

Adidas Indoor Tennis Mid - £62

oSReE1o.jpg

trixx

Anyone have any reccomendations for a dope windbreaker/spring jacket. I'm in Canada if that matters. I think $200 would be my limit

Guys where do I shop for casual spring stuff on a just out of college budget? I've been in China for the past year and now that I'm back in the states Jackthreads looks like it's gone downhill. Either that or I'm getting old. Asos and karmaloop are mixed bags as usual. Unionmade as posted above has some great stuff but lol at those prices.

giga

Guys where do I shop for casual spring stuff on a just out of college budget? I've been in China for the past year and now that I'm back in the states Jackthreads looks like it's gone downhill. Either that or I'm getting old. Asos and karmaloop are mixed bags as usual. Unionmade as posted above has some great stuff but lol at those prices.
Gap, uniqlo, or jcrew on sale.

Gap, uniqlo, or jcrew on sale.

I shopped pretty much exclusively at uniqlo and h&m in china. Maybe that's just how it's gonna have to be.

Frank & Oak is decent too. I had forgotten about them. Any other similar shops like that to check out?

I buy mostly online and tend towards vintage/classic fitted styles, and spring has me wanting bold colors.

zeopower6

I have that problem with pants. I can find no one who makes nice jeans for individuals with muscular legs. Some of us are athletes/have athletic builds....

That could be a good business opportunity though if you could find some designers :/

I need to get some fashion experience so I can craft things from nice fabrics~~~

overcast

Hi-tops man! You can't go far wrong with Adidas for my money, but Nike do some nice ones too. Unless of course you're intent on spending hundreds on "designer" ones that likely came out of the same factory. Anyway, here are two of the pairs I'd recommend for a fairly modest budget:

Adidas Originals Adi-Rise 2.0 - £69

glDnua6.jpg

Nike Backboard II - £49

OqN0R0W.jpg

And I bought these ones a few weeks back, a bit more understated if my usual style is a bit loud for you:

Adidas Indoor Tennis Mid - £62

oSReE1o.jpg
Maybe too "sneaker" for me; but actually, it wouldn't hurt. I do like those Nike's.

Hey Style, I'm curious, how does one stick out without wearing leather shirts/leopard print? Cause, that's a bit too flamboyant for me personally (maybe if I lived right in LA). What is a good balance? I know you aren't a fan of constantly wearing the "basic" attire. Anyone else can input. I would love to see some ideas/examples. For inspiration, if anything. I'm willing to listen.

NinjaBoiX

Sorry Style Fox, I didn't mean to get your back up. I just assumed someone willing to wear "that" jacket, a leather t-shirt and a leopard print shirt would have more of a sense of humour!
Maybe too "sneaker" for me; but actually, it wouldn't hurt. I do like those Nike's.
So it sounds like you want smarter trainers, maybe a bit more dressy. How about these:

Fred Perry Como - (sorry, they were a gift, I don't have a price. But it's only Fred Perry, they ain't gonna break the bank!)

oOecGlS.jpg

kQbG6pi.jpg

Saude upper with a canvas strip around the top of the sole. Super comfy and go with almost anything.

overcast

So it sounds like you want smarter trainers, maybe a bit more dressy. How about these:

Saude upper with a canvas strip around the top of the sole. Super comfy and go with almost anything.
I like those! I think they're like 77 right now, might get them down the line. Looked around a bit, since you inspired a bit.

What do you guys think of these?
Shoe 1
Shoe 2
Shoe 3

I'm a size 12, so the most expensive option is the 56 dollar one, which is doable for sure.

lenovox1

I have that problem with pants. I can find no one who makes nice jeans for individuals with muscular legs. Some of us are athletes/have athletic builds....

I can think of Rufskin Denim, Inseam Denim, and Nasty Pig in the $100 to $150 range of the top of my head. Muscular gay guys are their market, so they'll use muscular or beefy fit and product models, but the jeans will still fit like a glove and move around comfortably.

zeopower6

Hey Style, I'm curious, how does one stick out without wearing leather shirts/leopard print? Cause, that's a bit too flamboyant for me personally (maybe if I lived right in LA). What is a good balance? I know you aren't a fan of constantly wearing the "basic" attire. Anyone else can input. I would love to see some ideas/examples. For inspiration, if anything. I'm willing to listen.

The easiest way is color. :x

Top Bottom