• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

NinjaBoiX

What do you guys think of this shirt? Kind of wish they had a version of it with other colors.
That fairly nondescript grey tee with a big white and black square on it? I dunno, it's fine. It's hard to comment either way on such an inconspicuous garment.

I'm not saying it's bad, it's just like asking someone how their bowl of boiled rice tastes.

stylefox i found your shirt
38369666US_21_r.jpg

http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/short-sleeve-shirt_cod38369666us.html

granted it's about 4 playstations but hey

NinjaBoiX

Style Fox, you should totally rock that shirt mac posted, it's all kinds of snazzy. Wear it with those shiny gold trousers.

Bring the dip-dyed sweater in case it gets cold.

NinjaBoiX

Guys, what's wrong with Gucci and Prada? Are they sellout motherfuckers now or something? It's a bit out of my price range so I don't have a lot of their stuff, I'm genuinely asking.

I have a Prada hat, I love it.
Wow, that's an ugly shirt. The fit is all wrong (why are the sleeves so baggy?) and the print is cheeseballs.

Edit: Oh god, that's for real? Like, $600 for real?

Hahaha, I thought it was a joke, some $5 shirt from a market stall or something.

Dear god Calvin....
You don't subtle troll a subtle troller brah.
It's fun doe.

;)

Guys, what's wrong with Gucci and Prada? Are they sellout motherfuckers now or something? It's a bit out of my price range so I don't have a lot of their stuff, I'm genuinely asking.

I have a Prada hat, I love it.

i don't think you can discern the quality of a brand based on a hat, but to answer your question

one might say gucci and prada are...

old hat

NinjaBoiX

i don't think you can discern the quality of a brand based on a hat
So there isn't anything wrong with their stuff, they just aren't deemed "cool" anymore. Gotcha.

It is a jolly nice hat though.

Also, aren't you the guy who can discern a particular fake crocodile print just by looking at a picture of a popstar wearing a hoody? (One of the most "WTF, come on mane" posts I've read in a while, lol.)

So there isn't anything wrong with their stuff, they just aren't deemed "cool" anymore. Gotcha.

It is a jolly nice hat though.

Also, aren't you the guy who can discern a particular fake crocodile print just by looking at a picture of a popstar wearing a hoody? (One of the most "WTF, come on mane" posts I've read in a while, lol.)

I was wrong about the hoodie, thought it was this one:

Alas, it was a custom Hermés hoodie. Even so, it's not like there's too many white crocodile hoodies on the market these days.

Actually, Gucci is just crazy boring now. Look at the last few collections, it looks like no one bothered to care. Prada is just... ugly.

NinjaBoiX

I was wrong about the hoodie, thought it was this one:

Alas, it was a custom Hermés hoodie. Even so, it's not like there's too many white crocodile hoodies on the market these days.

Actually, Gucci is just crazy boring now. Look at the last few collections, it looks like no one bothered to care. Prada is just... ugly.
Yeah, I was going to say this, it was real croc leather anyway. I was hoping you would maintain your position, lol. (I love that hoody though, so good.)

Regardless, I still refuse to believe anyone could look at such a randomised pattern and recognise it verbatim from somewhere. It's akin to someone looking at a close up of a road surface and saying "oh, that's Cabel Road in Manchester." It's completely implausible.

Thanks for the input on Gucci and Prada though, I was just curious about their fall from grace. I only have the hat because I got a bargain on eBay, that stuff is too pricey for my budget!

Blackhead

Redarse
Yeah, I was going to say this, it was real croc leather anyway. I was hoping you would maintain your position, lol. (I love that hoody though, so good.)

Regardless, I still refuse to believe anyone could look at such a randomised pattern and recognise it verbatim from somewhere. It's akin to someone looking at a close up of a road surface and saying "oh, that's Cabel Road in Manchester." It's completely implausible.
Why is that so hard to believe. It's distinct. They don't all look the same you know
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7moay_the-devil-wears-prada-cerulean-swea_fun

NinjaBoiX

But are you even good at it? I mean are you really? Can you commit yourself to the art?

All signs point to possibly.
We can spar bro, we'll get various leather and shiny pearlescent garments and Skype catty fashion-based insults at each other. The first one to either cry or get changed loses.

The first sign of fapping and I'm out though, fair warning SnazzyFox. ;)
i take care of my work/formal shoes, not so much with trainers:
I dunno, that looks pretty good, some people prefer the worn look. I can see the appeal, and it looks better with some trainers more than others (Converse All-Stars spring to mind). But I like mine to look crisp as much as possible, I just give them a quick wipe once in a while and a spray of this:

Also, I lace the left as a mirror to the right rather than in the same direction:

Cool trainers though. But I'd have to re-lace them.

f0rk

My white AF1s are mostly blue at the back because of my N&F jeans.

Speaking of which it's coming up on 6 months on those. Will wash soon.

I want some margiela gats but TBS only has them in 44. I should be focusing more on tops anyways. Looking out for some shirts, sweats, long sleeves. Hell if a decent jacket goes on sale I'll go for it.

overcast

Brown shoes zzzzz
What? Brown shoes are great.
Code for Asos. Would be a good place to get Ray-Bans or Persols 20% off.
Just bought shoes. It seems like every other week Asos has 20+% off anyway.
I dunno, that looks pretty good, some people prefer the worn look. I can see the appeal, and it looks better with some trainers more than others (Converse All-Stars spring to mind). But I like mine to look crisp as much as possible, I just give them a quick wipe once in a while and a spray of this:
A quick wipe with what exactly?

Where can I find simple t-shirts with solid colors or simple patterns that aren't too thin? Since its spring I'd like to wear tshirts without any layers, but I am not in the best of shape at the moment so I'd rather not wear shirts that are too clingy or tight.

I use babywipes on my shoes (sneakers and light oxfords). works like a charm.
Where can I find simple t-shirts with solid colors or simple patterns that aren't too thin? Since its spring I'd like to wear tshirts without any layers, but I am not in the best of shape at the moment so I'd rather not wear shirts that are too clingy or tight.
target usually has a display of plain and striped/patterned tees. stick with "merona" if you want a normal non-tapered fit.

NinjaBoiX

I use babywipes on my shoes (sneakers and light oxfords). works like a charm.
Hmm, interesting. It'll probably help keep the leather moisturised too. Good tip mac.
Ah okay. I'll keep that in mind. Got some similar Fred Perry's thanks to that pic of yours btw. Only 60 dollars.
OFf4ivi.gif

Magic Erasers for white side soles. Accept nothing less.

iNv1RzMZGjQcc.jpg
I might have to try and get some of these too. Some stains just won't budge after a while, I'll give these a shot.

Top Bottom