• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Alucrid

Banned
i'll post some color next time

LL

MegalonJJ

Banned
A Few Good Men ;)

That line stuck with me after listening to a "Jack Nicholson calls Pizza" place prank call (lol).

@Ninjabox I was surprised that you weren't familiar with the shoes Fox listed, particularly oxford and derby shoes.

NinjaBoiX

brogues arent old man shoes lol
I was very careful to say "IMO" being sure not to offend delicate sensibilities. I also said I don't have a clue about shoes.
@Ninjabox I was surprised that you weren't familiar with the shoes Fox listed, particularly oxford and derby shoes.
Dress shoes just aren't my thing. I've heard of them, but I couldn't point them out.
Ninja is from Newcastle I doubt he even owns a shirt
serious-baby-o.gif

Sunderland man, how dare you.

Plus, wasn't I wearing a shirt to the meet you attended? I don't own many mind!

Pocks

What kind of footwear are you guys wearing this spring—espadrilles, bucks, vans, mocs?

What brands or lines, specifically.. looking to step my shoe game up this spring/summer.

entremet

Put This On has an article on being a clothes minimalist.

I love clothes, but I feel I have enough. Other than replacing stuff as its ages, I find it hard to want to shop for stuff. Could anyone relate?

I feel most of the menswear internet dudes have ridiculous amount of clothes. I actually like using all my clothes.

zeopower6

I love clothes, but I feel I have enough. Other than replacing stuff as its ages, I find it hard to want to shop for stuff. Could anyone relate?

I feel most of the menswear internet dudes have ridiculous amount of clothes. I actually like using all my clothes.

I think they're probably deep in that realm of shopaholicism that a lot of women seem to be stuck in. (buy a lot of bags and anything that looks kind of cute when you go shopping if there's a sale or even if there's not)

For me, I want to get one piece of all of the basics... but if I only get one of an item, I feel a little limited depending on the color/fabric it is, so if there's a sale I'll try to get a few colors just in case for coordinating. Lately I've been wanting to brighten up my wardrobe since so much of it is dark red/navy/black/gray...

Alucrid

Banned
i really like this fit

thanks bruv

i have the same problem with anime figures. can't give all of them enough attention

entremet

I think they're probably deep in that realm of shopaholicism that a lot of women seem to be stuck in. (buy a lot of bags and anything that looks kind of cute when you go shopping if there's a sale or even if there's not)

For me, I want to get one piece of all of the basics... but if I only get one of an item, I feel a little limited depending on the color/fabric it is, so if there's a sale I'll try to get a few colors just in case for coordinating. Lately I've been wanting to brighten up my wardrobe since so much of it is dark red/navy/black/gray...

I've always loved the idea of putting together a wardrobe slowly, carefully curated as well. Not just going nuts on every sale. Some thrifted stuff, some MTM stuff, some OTR stuff.

Bought a casual button down that's sleeves are slightly longer than I'd like, do I roll up the cuffs once to get a better length or leave it?

The little differences are what make up that 445 dollar discrepancy.

I prefer the RO one because it's different. A thousand guys in plain black t shirts have that look walking around but how many have that silhouette that the RO creates?

NinjaBoiX

fyi they're in that grouping of designer multi-hundred sneakers that are made in the same factory as $30 shoes.
Yeah, I assumed, it was wishful thinking more than anything. They are real classy, I love the minimalism. But they actually look expensive and well made, those ones I mentioned before looked like cheap, tacky knock-offs.

Edit: re the black tees, I agree with Style Fox that the twisted one on the right is more interesting. But id still get the one on the left cos I'm just so vanilla.

you're not really supposed to use yoox photos as reference points, they make everything look bad.

don't really like twisty things. but tees don't really excite me either. what to do.

Is there any worse feeling than buying something full price then you see it 60% off on some frenzy sale? Or the day after there's a coupon code for the whole site.

That's why I gotta stay conservative and wait for the right time to strike.

at least yoox doesn't use models. mr porter takes the time to and generally their styling turns out terrible

i don't know, it's hard to beat spread blue stripe x rick owens

41407732iv_14_e.jpg

mrporter's only crime is neutering the extreme stuff trying to make it biz-caz work friendly. nothing beats myhabit's use of jcpenny bearded model dudes wearing demeulemeester shirtdrapes and rick owens broskirts.

Top Bottom