• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That's a tough one since the phrase "you get what you pay for" comes into play. What are you really looking for? What is your budget?

idk cheap is my budget. id even go for used if thats a thing you can do online

im looking for:

shirts, like t shirts (but not plain) or longsleeve, button ups, etc.
a hoodie for when i go biking at nite
undies
meggings
shorts for summer

For super basics with proper quality Uniqlo reigns supreme. Shirts, Tees, Sweaters, etc. They got it covered.

UNIQLO is probably the best for that. It's still a bit more expensive than some mall brands like Aeropostale/H&M/etc. but the quality is up there. Wait for a good sales period though to get the most bang for your buck.

uniqlo huh. okay. thanks. when are they going to have a sale?

zeopower6

Subscribe to their mailing list to get updates. They've got a Spring Break promo going on right now.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/featured/spring-break.html

They also seem to have holiday-related coupons or sweepstakes where you can get a pretty good coupon as a consolation prize. There was a 'download our app and get 5-20 dollars off deal' but it ended sometime last year.

Some periods to look out for:
Early June - beginning of Summer 'Festival' sale
October~ - their USA online store's anniversary month
Late November - Black Friday/general holiday sales

Saw a dorky high schooler wearing a suit jacket with a t shirt underneath today.

I can imagine him trying it on in his mirror thinking like "hmm yes this will class up my image quite a bit. Indeed."

NinjaBoiX

Saw a dorky dude wearing a shiny denim jacket with a black leather t shirt underneath today.

I asked him how much it costs to look so cool. I felt like giving him a slap when he told me how much he spends on his super hip threads.

illithid, or anyone else with slp denim, has your pair started getting a little faded/white around the seams and stitching?

Yes, SLP does fade a little, though mine still looks pretty good considering that I've worn it every day since I got it in mid August and haven't washed it. Pockets are wrecked though, so I think it's time for another pair.

yeah i've been wearing mine almost daily and some of the stitching on the back pockets seem to be a little fucked now too, might have to pick up another pair too =/

I've only handled a few in person and nothing jumped out construction-wise or even cut really, but you can get some funky fabrics from them that trump either. i'd put mmm a bit higher, personally, z zegna too.
Thanks, was looking online and saw a suit by them which was priced around the same as some lanvin, z Zegna, Versace ones on yoox

Saw a dorky dude wearing a shiny denim jacket with a black leather t shirt underneath today.

I asked him how much it costs to look so cool. I felt like giving him a slap when he told me how much he spends on his super hip threads.

EastwoodMianChair_ss.jpg

DyTonic

Banned
Anything to prevent creases in leather boots/shoes. My clarks are new, but the creases are coming on too fast. Was thinking to use leather car cleaner.

harSon

Banned
Where can I get thick cotton form fitting basic t shirts at? Both crew and V-neck. No logos and none of that so thin its damn near see through stuff.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Subscribe to their mailing list to get updates. They've got a Spring Break promo going on right now.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/featured/spring-break.html

They also seem to have holiday-related coupons or sweepstakes where you can get a pretty good coupon as a consolation prize. There was a 'download our app and get 5-20 dollars off deal' but it ended sometime last year.

Some periods to look out for:
Early June - beginning of Summer 'Festival' sale
October~ - their USA online store's anniversary month
Late November - Black Friday/general holiday sales

cool thanks for the deets brah

btw how are uniqlo's twill shorts? they're like $13 each and they look really cheap but uniqlo is supposed to be good right

NinjaBoiX

Eyeing these bad boys up:

LTmHls9.jpg

But I can't quite convince myself as they're the same as my white dotted leather ones, just in red nubuck.

But I want! Maybe next month.

(When they're sold out.)

:/

Who has the best bang for the buck Chinos? I finished shopping for new work clothes but I need new casual clothes. Is Uniqlo good or should I be looking at banana republic? Or a completely different store? I'm completely lost with which ones are actually well made.

usea

Who has the best bang for the buck Chinos? I finished shopping for new work clothes but I need new casual clothes. Is Uniqlo good or should I be looking at banana republic? Or a completely different store? I'm completely lost with which ones are actually well made.
I really like my pairs of slim chinos from uniqlo. A lot. They're super cheap, too.

I really like my pairs of slim chinos from uniqlo. A lot. They're super cheap, too.

I'll have to give them a try, they finally opened a store not too far from me. I heard good things about Brooks Brothers chinos, I should have tried some yesterday when they had the corporate discount sale. :/

Top Bottom