• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

could be a similar situation like yoox where they have a US and international warehouse with different stock, so my 'in preparation' is really 'being sent to america for dispatch'. how do you like them, by the way?

look great! i didn't have a tortoiseshell pair before so that's nice, very similar in shape and size to my oliver peoples wayfarers (which is good since i have a pretty small face and aviators look a bit weird on me)

never tried them, but I too have heard good things about them from corners i respect. i realize this is kind of a useless post, just saying you aren't on a bad track. same with their oxfords, too.

never tried them, but I too have heard good things about them from corners i respect. i realize this is kind of a useless post, just saying you aren't on a bad track. same with their oxfords, too.

Cool, I'll try to track them down. None of the sears by me carry them.

And maybe not as useful as first hand experience but at least I know I'm going in the right direction. I really wish uniqlo had chinos without that coin thing in the front. I really liked them but I hated the look if I tuck in my shirt.

Midas

Got my first pair of brogues today.

ZYzEzaW.png

Midas

How is there so much creasing already? :O

What company are they? They look pretty nice. The sole look too boot-like for my taste but that just might be the angle.

I wanted a pair with that look, so I went with a pair of used Alfred Sargent. Yeah, the sole is a bit thicker than I thought it would be, but they're quite nice anyway. I've seen a couple of pairs that I would like to get and will probably get another pair when they're on sale.

I wanted a pair with that look, so I went with a pair of used Alfred Sargent. Yeah, the sole is a bit thicker than I thought it would be, but they're quite nice anyway. I've seen a couple of pairs that I would like to get and will probably get another pair when they're on sale.

Ah, ok. I was hoping they were used with the creases since new shoes shouldn't crease that quick. :p They look nice though, enjoy!

don't know about their flannels, but the regular casual button downs are fine. i hugely prefer gitman and mauro grifoni but that's also like 8x the price (tho grifoni can be got very cheap on yoox)

NinjaBoiX

Used shoes?

Ewww

I've been looking to revamp my dress shirt regimen (business casual office life) to include some slim fit, spread collar dress shirts to replace my old ones. I was in Brooks Brothers the other day and loved their selection and fit, but couldn't justify spending anywhere near $100 a shirt. Are there any similar options available on a budget?

Wound up getting Banana Republic Chinos, their emerson line had the best looking fit for me. The other companies I tried were either too tight or just baggy for the most part. I hope they hold up well, they looked nice overall.

Joe

I need brown leather shoes to go with a grey/light grey suit AND some dark blue jeans....

think these would work?

dk41CYB.jpg

i think they might be too formal for jeans maybe?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Zara tees fit really weird and I don't like them one bit, but oddly enough their outerwear and suit jackets are great for a lil bro like me.

I need brown leather shoes to go with a grey/light grey suit AND some dark blue jeans....

think these would work?

dk41CYB.jpg

nah, brogues + jeans are perfectly fine, assuming by 'jeans' you mean 'very dark and slim with minimal fading/etc'. I wouldn't wear it with baggies and a hoodie :p

Zara tees fit really weird and I don't like them one bit, but oddly enough their outerwear and suit jackets are great for a lil bro like me.
too long or boxy or __? basically, is it worth a try or should I just skip.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Boxy and odd in the shoulders -- although I'm kind of broad around there for a small guy, so their stuff might work ok for you, mac

kaskade

A little too much going on in that jacket print imo.

And a floral shirt from Zara? The price looks good too but hmm... how was their quality? Spotted some floral shorts there too.

Idk about their t-shirts. I bought 2 jackets on sale and a pair of jeans that are doing well so far. Next time I'm near one I'm going to check it out in person. Sometimes the fits are a little weird on them.

Anyone know how the Gustin straight jeans fit? I generally wear a 33 Levi's 505 but have always been interested in some designer jeans. I am looking at Gustin's summerweight jeans.

CFMOORE!

anyone know much about these:

http://www.kentwang.com/shoes/sneaker-white.html

i've been eyeing Common Projects but just happened to see this guy's shoes and how they're basically CPs minus huge cost and some small aesthetic stuff, I am sure the leathers used vary a bit too. most quick internet research says they're pretty damn comfy and get the job done. i wanted the CPs for their minimalist look and these fit the bill.

general thoughts?

think these would work?

dk41CYB.jpg

Those could work but I'd get bluchers instead of oxfords. They're slightly more casual than oxfords but they can still work with suit. Google Alden LWB to have an aspirational classic to look at.

anyone know much about these:

http://www.kentwang.com/shoes/sneaker-white.html

i've been eyeing Common Projects but just happened to see this guy's shoes and how they're basically CPs minus huge cost and some small aesthetic stuff, I am sure the leathers used vary a bit too. most quick internet research says they're pretty damn comfy and get the job done. i wanted the CPs for their minimalist look and these fit the bill.

general thoughts?

i've read good things about kent wang stuff in general, i say go for it if you like them

Top Bottom