• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Alucrid

Banned
saw an awesome morphing colored Y-3 bomber jacket at Bloomingdales over the weekend. Didn't have a price tag and I can't find it online

this?

41405257OO_12_d.jpg

overcast

Love that colorful bomber. Same with those shoes Ninja. Nice polo too. I'm jealous everyone.

Asos has a 50% off sale.

Thinking about grabbing a 20 dollar linen button up for summer. Just depends on the color. Maybe white for summer. Anyone know how see through they are? If they are.

Edit: from uniqlo ^

Love that colorful bomber. Same with those shoes Ninja. Nice polo too. I'm jealous everyone.

Asos has a 50% off sale.

Thinking about grabbing a 20 dollar linen button up for summer. Just depends on the color. Maybe white for summer. Anyone know how see through they are? If they are.

Edit: from uniqlo ^
I don't, but I can swing by after work and let you know

this is the one in particular I saw, different colors for sure. I'm a little unsure about the reversibility part of it because of the logo on the inside

zeopower6

The colors on the jacket are definitely not as vibrant in that version compared to the product image and the runway look. O_O

UNIQLO is having a bit of a promotion on some items for SPRZ New York (Surprise New York, the second floor of their 5th Avenue Store) and you can get a nice SPRZ T-shirt if you buy three items at the grand opening on the 28th in New York if anyone from here is around there.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/featured/promotion-celebration-for-sprz-ny.html
(Airism, oxford shirts, denim/chambray shirts, extra fine cotton broadcloth shirts, jeans)

The colors on the jacket are definitely not as vibrant in that version compared to the product image and the runway look. O_O
The jacket directly behind it was more vibrant, and the back of that one was more vibrant than the front. It looks like each individual part (front, arms, back) are all slightly different too. I kinda like the more faded version more tbh

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Does Land's End make good shirts? They've got some nice deals on their site and after Uniqlo shit the bed with my order, I'm looking for a new place to buy stuff.

giga

$60 on sale -___-

Are Uniqlo's only good shirts the Premium Linen ones or are the other kinds (Extra Fine Cotten, Oxford, etc) just as good?
They're different types of shirts. Linen is only for warm weather casual wear. The OCBD (oxford) is casual, all-season wear. Extra fine cotton is probably broadcloth, which is pretty thin and cheap feeling.

Go with the OCDB. It's one of the best for only $20.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Where'd you try it on at? Didn't see it on their site or at Nordstroms. Probably out of my current budget anyway if its leather.

I like the plum Scotch and Soda bomber quite a bit and it seems sufficiently thin, how does their sizing run generally? Have a winter coat of theirs but I imagine that's not the best comparison to make. Anywhere I might be able to try one on at? Nordstroms didn't have much of theirs, do have a bloomingdales close by though.

The green jacket was at Nordstrom Rack, so presumbly from last season or so. I didn't end up buying it anyway.

Bought a canvas jacket from S&S last spring, and despite always needing XS clothing, their small fits fairly well aside from the sleeves being a bit too long for my tiny frame. I cuff the canvas jacket's sleeves, but the leather jacket didn't really seem to need it.

I can't afford full-price leather either, so you're not alone.

overcast

These are very thin. Definitely see-through in white, and still semi-see-through in like grey and off-white. Might be better in darker colors but I didn't check
Oh damn. That might make sense for summer, but I can't rock a white one in that case. Don't even know what I could wear under besides a white shirt.

B-Dex

oh yeah, what brand are they?

Cool... lets see em.

Aidan's from Banana. You can see them in their site easy enough. (Too lazy to link on mobile)

I'm struggling to find a nice shirt to go with though. I'm thinking a short sleeve white button up with a matching orange bow tie would be cute but banana had none!

Although they had a nice light gray buttonless polo...

This nice blue gingham shirt I tried on with them they told me looked terrible :(. Maybe they hate colour though.

I'm starting to think the Barneys on Wilshire is the best place to shop. Where else has all those brands under one roof.

Although I did find a Jil Sander shirt 50% off at Traffic today. Didn't get a chance to visit Mohawk General Store.

The green jacket was at Nordstrom Rack, so presumbly from last season or so. I didn't end up buying it anyway.

Bought a canvas jacket from S&S last spring, and despite always needing XS clothing, their small fits fairly well aside from the sleeves being a bit too long for my tiny frame. I cuff the canvas jacket's sleeves, but the leather jacket didn't really seem to need it.

I can't afford full-price leather either, so you're not alone.

Ah ok, thanks! We're getting a Nordstroms rack this summer I believe. And good to know :p

Chatin

Hey Fashion-GAF,
I find the need to wear a hat every now and again, so I'm looking for some advice on ball caps that don't require me to show allegiance to any particular team. Not looking to strike up sports talk with strangers, just looking for something to put on my head when doing my hair is gonna be a hassle.

I guess I'm looking for options for casual day to day and for fitness activities.

Hey Fashion-GAF,
I find the need to wear a hat every now and again, so I'm looking for some advice on ball caps that don't require me to show allegiance to any particular team. Not looking to strike up sports talk with strangers, just looking for something to put on my head when doing my hair is gonna be a hassle.

I guess I'm looking for options for casual day to day and for fitness activities.
I like patrik ervell ball caps, but I'd wait for them to go on sale. Acne Studios and Saturdays Surf NYC are also worth a look.

but if you want to avoid random conversation (sports or otherwise) I think this is your best bet:

hoggert

Hey Fashion-GAF,

Norse Projects? I generally don't wear hats, but I do like some of their designs: blue and white floral one from last season or that flecked one that disappeared in seconds a year or so ago. Five panel hats look bretty good.

NinjaBoiX

Hey Fashion-GAF,

Just avoid sports logos then, there are all kinds of caps that aren't specifically endorsing sports. It all depends what your looking for too, block colours, prints, logos, there is so much to choose from.
I like patrik ervell ball caps, but I'd wait for them to go on sale. Acne Studios and Saturdays Surf NYC are also worth a look.
Those Patrik Ervell ones look kind of shapeless like they've been through the washing machine.

qnVOcVK.jpg

Also, I know I'm the thread cheapskate, but $130 for a baseball cap?!? Lol wut.

I do quite like this Acne Studios one:

6cvd7Pb.jpg

But again, $100+? It's just a cap. It's crazy.

(Sorry, I know this is a fashion thread and I'm always whinging about ludicrous prices, but why the crazy mark ups on such basic garments?)

Top Bottom