• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

Ill agree with that got2be review, I have some of the wax/gel stuff and its like glue.
It dries in maybe 20 seconds and rock solid and is bloody awful to wash out.

I'm on my phone but VO5 pomade is good,atleast for what you can get in the Uk. Light,none offensive smell and easy to wash out.

Anyone know anything about combs/brushes? The barber used this brush that had sort of saw like teeth running width ways that worked really well.
Thanks cosmic! got to say that's a first hearing something like that.

Minion101

Banned
Got2b is the product I use. For my thick hair it's the only product I've used that can keep my hair in place. Other gels stop working after an hour.

I use the got2be pomade and it's pretty good. I have that and a Dove mousse and it works pretty well to give my hair some volume and hold

14425661276302263_nvZTdsFr_c.jpg

my hair when I'm happy with it

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
The thing I hate the most is I like how its styled as I walk out the door, but give it a few hours and my cowlicks fuck it all up.

Do you blowdry and/or straighten? Trying to essentially glue down a section of unruly hair is the wrong approach.

Wow didnt realize the short hair pics were back on page 1-2, guess I had my undercut blinkers on for the whole time this thread has been up.

Id agree with it to be fair. It can change the way people view you drastically atleast in my experience. Pretty sure one of the main reasons I wasnt taken seriously as a teenager was because I had shoulder length hair or mad messed up spikey..

Edit: Oh Ive only heard my female friends being vocal about other mens hair if its bad

ryan_gosling_birthday_31.jpg

I am thinking of getting something like this, but does he use a specific texture?

The last time I showed a picture to a stylist it didn't turn out so well, so I would like to provide some more direction, if possible.

stn

Doesn't look that hard to do if you have the right hair strength. Cut it shorter, do a comb-over on one end. Put a bit of product so it stays.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I really hate to burst everyones Gosling bubble, but I am 90% sure that his hair in photos like that has either nothing in it or the smallest dab of pomade or cream possible. I know a lot of blonde people with hair like that :(

His hair in Drive and Crazy Stupid Love is a different story.

I really hate to burst everyones Gosling bubble, but I am 90% sure that his hair in photos like that has either nothing in it or the smallest dab of pomade or cream possible. I know a lot of blonde people with hair like that :(

His hair in Drive and Crazy Stupid Love is a different story.

I want his Drive hair so bad :p

Darknight

I need some serious advice people!

My hair, i think, is super damaged and need to "revitalize" it so it doesnt look horrid after a shower. (I think I need the best hair conditioner in the world)

Basically after a shower, my hair is nice looking, except for my back hair which I can tell from the mirror that a lot of hair is sticking up. No matter what I do (comb it down), it wont stay down!! I heard them called "strays" on some Youtube video.

So I dry it off, its still sticking up but now on my whole head, not just the back. So even if I do add hair gel (Suavecito Strong Hold), my hair, mostly on my back side, still sticks up. And by sticking up I mean like if I were electrocuted not a cowlick or something like that.

This pisses me off because I cant do jack shit with my hair and cant grow it out. I can see "greatness" and "potential" in my hair but as of now, I need to "heal" it or something. Please help me. I need to figure out how to get the natural oils (?) back into my hair for it to be regular non sticking up crap looking? I hate wearing a beany hat to "mold" it into place. Oh and sorry for lousy post.

I actually think I can hit that Gosling hair. My hair is pretty thin and can lay pretty flat on top ... The issue is my sides.. :( They tend to stick out since the asian thing but i know I can nail the top.

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, hopefully this is the right place to ask. Is there face types or something that dictates when a shaved head looks good? By shaved i dont mean with a razor, but with a machine. The stamos look. You know what i mean. I have a natural high forehead, and thinning in the front, but nothing super noticable. Im 6'3" with a big body type and a large head. No glasses.
thanks guys.

Hey guys, hopefully this is the right place to ask. Is there face types or something that dictates when a shaved head looks good? By shaved i dont mean with a razor, but with a machine. The stamos look. You know what i mean. I have a natural high forehead, and thinning in the front, but nothing super noticable. Im 6'3" with a big body type and a large head. No glasses.
thanks guys.

Doesn't seem like you got a choice in the matter so what difference does it make.

Mikey Jr.

Doesn't seem like you got a choice in the matter so what difference does it make.
I look fine with how it is now. I have hair, and it is slightly thin at the front. You would only notice it if you were super close to me. I was just wondering if there were certain facial types that a shaved head looks better on. The hair/forehead was just me describing myself.

Mexx

Neo Member
So I recently got this haircut:
david-beckham-beard-moustache-2012.jpg

I'm using hair gel fight now but it makes my hair look too hard and crispy.
What do you guys suggest? I read pros about pomade and cream, but I do not want spend money for something that won't give me Beckham look.

Mexx, are you applying it to dry or wet hair?

Wet hair combined with product will often times give you that hard and crispy feel in order to make it look slicker, dry hair usually doesn't. This of course depends on the product. I'd think some kind of hard or soft water pomade should do the trick for you.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I apply Suavecito into wet hair and use my hair dryer for that look.

Some of you saw the picture I posted so you can decide whether or not it looked okay.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Back when I was using drug store junk, combining it with a blow dry was pretty much the worst idea, but I've been doing this with some Gatsby since my hair's at that borderline two-or-three week point and it's basically the BEST THING. Hair looks good even after being trapped under a chef cap all day.

Mexx

Neo Member
I always apply it on the dry hair, and it always looks like that.
So you suggest pomade/wax? Any brand will be good?

I apply Suavecito into wet hair and use my hair dryer for that look.

Some of you saw the picture I posted so you can decide whether or not it looked okay.
I need to experiment with a hair dryer more. I keep hearing you guys mention how it can work miracles and I've yet to ever try it out. Could be clutch for those days hair just doesn't cooperate.

I always apply it on the dry hair, and it always looks like that.
So you suggest pomade/wax? Any brand will be good?
Pomade. The OP has a lot of good brands listed and some descriptions of each. Take a look and see which sounds like it would be best for you.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Pomade. The OP has a lot of good brands listed and some descriptions of each. Take a look and see which sounds like it would be best for you.

It did before I messed it up. I need to add those brands again ;_;

I was hoping to wait for my Layrite arrival to do a Suavecito comparison. Both are kind of standards in the area of water based pomades.

Mexx

Neo Member
Okay, so I will buy pomade, big thanks for help. :)
One bad thing about pomade is that here (Poland) it costs about 13$ for a can. :(

bdrob

Here's a few long ones.

What sort of product works well for styles like these?

My hair isn't quite this long yet, but even still it seems that no matter what I use my thick hair either ends up unruly or flopped under it's own weight.

The best I have found so far is Fudge Matte Hed Gas, but I don't think it would be able to produce those sort of results .. or that may just be me not knowing how to apply these things!

Top Bottom