• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I thought of it before, but never asked because I thought it would be a stupid question, since it seems like that sort of cut would make the hair around the part grow weird.

Who knows. The example I saw before having them do mine the same way was done 3 weeks prior. Looked fantastic.

Using a razor on the part is not unheard of. I see it a lot in videos and it helps make those super clean looking parts like Sean's.

Also, I thought I was in hair heaven but god damn look at his haircut. It's perfect.

tumblr_mgnpffyAZ81rjkllgo1_1280.png

NateDrake

These styles would work well with my hair since my hair is thick but allows for pretty much any style. I don't know if I have the facial structure to make it work though.

lunchtoast

I never know what to do with my hair. Any suggestions for curly/wavy? I usually just get it trimmed textured and when I ask the stylist they just say they like it the way I'm already doing it... I always have trouble finding styles online too.

iT0j94ylkXizu.jpg

iAuOWB9EZU9xw.jpg

I don't use product because it usually makes it worse and won't hold. I just form it with a hair dryer. The above pics are bed head brushed forward with my hands.

_Isaac

I never know what to do with my hair. Any suggestions for curly/wavy? I usually just get it trimmed textured and when I ask the stylist they just say they like it the way I'm already doing it... I always have trouble finding styles online too.

iT0j94ylkXizu.jpg

iAuOWB9EZU9xw.jpg

I don't use product because it usually makes it worse and won't hold. I just form it with a hair dryer. The above pics are bed head brushed forward with my hands.

I unfortunately have no suggestions, but I just wanted to say that your hair in those pictures is probably better than anything that's been posted in the last few pages.

Steelrain

What do you guys think of Usher's haircut? His barber calls it "South of France"

TbGOT05.jpg

I've been growing my hair out for a couple months and I think i'm gonna go ahead and get it done next week. I always cut my hair really short but I figure I might as well try something new after 20 years of the same thing.

What do you guys think of Usher's haircut? His barber calls it "South of France"

TbGOT05.jpg

I've been growing my hair out for a couple months and I think i'm gonna go ahead and get it done next week. I always cut my hair really short but I figure I might as well try something new after 20 years of the same thing.

I like it.

Speaking of Hans de Fuko, I really like this style...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a09RC_DUzdY#!

...but it doesn't appear that the E.POX.E is available. Not on their website nor on Amazon.

Would the Hybridized Wax suffice, or should I also go for the Scheme Creme or something? It says the E.POX.E is a very strong hold, so is there a suitable substitute out there for it?

EDIT: Looks like the Gel Triq is probably the best alternative.

iT0j94ylkXizu.jpg

iAuOWB9EZU9xw.jpg

Your hair has lots of potential. I think growing it out, at least on top, would allow you lots more options than what you can currently do. It doesn't have to be an extreme length, but maybe get another inch or two on top there and see what happens?

As a matter of fact you could probably do what BertramCooper posted right above me. I bet that would work well with your hair.

bjb

Banned
What's the difference between buying cheaper alternatives to shit like Hanz De Fuko if it's mostly the same ingredients / result anyway?

What's the difference between buying cheaper alternatives to shit like Hanz De Fuko if it's mostly the same ingredients / result anyway?

Even little differences can alter a products quality. If it's just a bit too heavy, too light, and so on it can screw how it ends up looking in the end. Also, HDF makes a lot of interesting stuff like hybridized wax and quicksand which have a unique feel.

lunchtoast

Your hair has lots of potential. I think growing it out, at least on top, would allow you lots more options than what you can currently do. It doesn't have to be an extreme length, but maybe get another inch or two on top there and see what happens?

As a matter of fact you could probably do what BertramCooper posted right above me. I bet that would work well with your hair.

I'll probably try that video posted above. It's what I usually get except his sides are shorter. As for growing it out I've had it down to my eyes when pulled straight and it just becomes a mop and hard to control. It might work if I had the sides cut short though and the right product.

flippedb

Banned
I got a new cut and I like it very much, I'll probably post pics on Monday. I'll go get some wax tomorrow. Hope I find a good brand around here.

Off the top of my head, Bumble & Bumble, American Crew, Baxter, Hanz de Fuko.

Midnights posted a lot of good reviews in the OP, you should check those out and write down some brand names.

Fry

I never know what to do with my hair.

I like it the way it is now. I wouldn't change anything.

Sean, your hair looks awesome. Yours too Midnight. A lot of good haircuts in here.

I'm too afraid of trying something fancy. Playing safe is the way to go. (no confidence)

What product is everyone using to avoid the flaky, hard gel look?

What do you guys use to get your hair to style and stay firm without having it as hard as a rock and shiny as heck?

What do you guys use to get your hair to style and stay firm without having it as hard as a rock and shiny as heck?
Probably some sort of clay. I bought Baxter's clay pomade not too long ago and it pretty much fits the bill for what you're looking for. Strong hold, matte finish.

Some of those guys must be styling parts of their hair with straighteners, right?

Anybody ever used Gatsby Moving Rubber? Been using the grey one for a long time now and it's great, even for my stubborn hair.

Top Bottom