• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I wish I could see similar mens hair threads made in late 1990's and early 2000's.

If they even existed. My internet history knowledge just isn't there.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Everybody thought their frosted tips and center parts were awesome then, so... We'll all look back and laugh at the undercuts a decade down the road, while stroking our back-in-fashion rat-tails.

No undercuts edition

259027416039458548_98zTAOwT_c.jpg

93801604710902753_Hw3ctjL4_c.jpg

252272016596455495_nwHKSxMO_c.jpg

6896205649969562_J2hIMuvo_c.jpg

216032113347017266_dpLCxCSq_c.jpg

DatDude

Banned
Hair Gaf I need some advise as to what I should get in terms of a haircut:

My hair, normally looks like this. A voluminousness messy bed head look:

but I've cut it as short as this:

Currently my hair looks a bit messy long like this:

I don't really have a specific preference, though most people say I look "sexier" with the messy hair spiked up look. But honestly, I'm fine with any of those 3.

So what say you gaf? Should I go with the short cut, go with the volumnized bed head look, or keep it long-ish.

bjb

Banned
I'm looking for a product that provides a bit of hold / shine without being too heavy. Something rather light - preferably without a bunch of shit ingredients. Everything mentioned in here I've tried thus far - and it still feels too gunky.

DatDude

Banned

I don't really have a specific preference, though most people say I look "sexier" with the messy hair spiked up look. But honestly, I'm fine with any of those 3.

So what say you gaf? Should I go with the short cut, go with the volumnized bed head look, or keep it long-ish.

Hate to quote myself. But again, any advise as to what look I should go for?

kaskade

Hate to quote myself. But again, any advise as to what look I should go for?

It looks like you could really do anything with it. Since you have a good amount of length it wouldn't be hard to get a look you decide on. I say try and find something posted in this thread and go for it. It's only hair, it'll grow back.

skynidas

Banned
So, guys, I want to get a new cut. What do you guys think it would look good? I'm looking to change my style and was thinking of something like this, but I don't know if that would look good with my hairline.

edit: nvm, already cut it

Xun

My hair is at this length again (old pic), I just don't know what I'm going to do with it. Any suggestions?

mfctEsfaf.jpg

Someday I'd love to grow it out further, but I dunno.

Gaf, I would like style advice. I've been getting mixed opinions in the real life.

Should I shave my head?

Something like this:
david_beckham-shaved-head.jpg

This is me:
16e99ea4667c11e2aeda22000a1f973b_7.jpg

I originally posted this in the Manshion thread, but I've been told that this is the better place for such a question!

DatDude

Banned
I shaved my head once. It was not a good decision. Thought I would look good..unfortantly my facial features like my big nose and oversized ears stood out..making them even bigger....never again.

I say, if your ears and nose are both normal, or small than you should probably look pretty decent with a shaved head. Big nose, or ears? Avoid it like the plague..at least in my opinion.

3rd pic is hottest, might be the angle and stuff too but take that as you will. Not every one needs a perfect cut, some people look better with a shaggy do.

I'm a firm believer in short sides and long on top, that's how I get my cuts done. I think you'll find that's pretty much the look you're going for.

Okay, so I finally got my hands on some Hanz de Fuko product (the hybridized wax and the gel triq).

And honestly, I'm not terribly impressed. They're way too watery for me. I put warm them up in my fingers and then put them through my hair and they've basically dried out in about five seconds.

Bummer.

KlotePino

This has undoubtedly been said before but looking through this thread I have a real hard time separating the attractive person rocking the hairstyle and actually looking at it objectively or seeing myself having that hairstyle. My hair sucks anyhow, it's ridiculously thin. I'll post a pic soon and maybe one of you lovely people can help me out.

LeBoef

uh. nice thread.
thats almost exactly what my hair is like. i got the problem to find the right product for it.
best compromise so far is american crew defining paste. but hair gets too sticky...

anyone around with that kind of hair and his perfect product?

107734616056942356_MN1UPbqa_c.jpg

oh and thats my current cut. and its pain in the a** to find a product which gives a natural look and none sticky hair AAAND holds a day long
216032113347017266_dpLCxCSq_c.jpg

Reposting cause I need some help. This is my current hair. Trying to grow it out a bit longer to have it styled. I have a few big days coming up and at this time it's just huge birds nest. Especially the sides. So I want a cut to clean up the sides a bit so I can be presentable while it grows out. I have very thick hair. Gonna hit the barbers tomorrow and have no idea what to ask for or what to show him. Any advice or pics welcomed. My hair below.

Reposting cause I need some help. This is my current hair. Trying to grow it out a bit longer to have it styled. I have a few big days coming up and at this time it's just huge birds nest. Especially the sides. So I want a cut to clean up the sides a bit so I can be presentable while it grows out. I have very thick hair. Gonna hit the barbers tomorrow and have no idea what to ask for or what to show him. Any advice or pics welcomed. My hair below.
I went to a random page in the thread and found a picture where the model looks to have thicker hair. How about something like this?

QTrRJ.jpg

For what it's worth, I think your hair looks great at the length it's in in your avatar. Totally understand wanting to grow it out though. You might find that once you trim the sides/back and keeping it long on top is all you actually need.

I went to a random page in the thread and found a picture where the model looks to have thicker hair. How about something like this?

QTrRJ.jpg

For what it's worth, I think your hair looks great at the length it's in in your avatar. Totally understand wanting to grow it out though. You might find that once you trim the sides/back and keeping it long on top is all you actually need.
Thanks and yeah I am a bit stubborn about growing oit my hair but maybe I'll just leave a little more up top and keep the sides and back shorter. Seems to fit me well.

Should not have gone with a 1 so high! for some reason I didnt learn from the last time I did this..
Granted this is only like 30 hours after its been cut but god damn! Sticking to Grade 2 from now on.
It looks fine from the front though..
PWa77d4.jpg

Oh yeah that is not dirt by my eye but scar from some guy smashing a pint glass across my face a few years ago.

Consider this is a warning photo for anyone else considering going mad short haha
Normally I would bury this photo but Im not sure if people know that grade 2>1 is a much larger drop than anyother (3>2 etc)

Top Bottom