• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

btrboyev

Should not have gone with a 1 so high! for some reason I didnt learn from the last time I did this..
Granted this is only like 30 hours after its been cut but god damn! Sticking to Grade 2 from now on.
It looks fine from the front though..
PWa77d4.jpg

Oh yeah that is not dirt by my eye but scar from some guy smashing a pint glass across my face a few years ago.

Consider this is a warning photo for anyone else considering going mad short haha
Normally I would bury this photo but Im not sure if people know that grade 2>1 is a much larger drop than anyother (3>2 etc)

It looks fine

MYE

Should not have gone with a 1 so high! for some reason I didnt learn from the last time I did this..
Granted this is only like 30 hours after its been cut but god damn! Sticking to Grade 2 from now on.
PWa77d4.jpg

Oh yeah that is not dirt by my eye but scar from some guy smashing a pint glass across my face a few years ago.

Consider this is a warning photo for anyone else considering going mad short haha
Normally I would bury this photo but Im not sure if people know that grade 2>1 is a much larger drop than anyother (3>2 etc)

What?!!

I wish I could pull this off. My head is not shaped for this style :(
Getting my hair cut tomorrow and dont know what the fuck to do with it

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Bow to the OP.

Some hairspiration:

tumblr_lpg06bVXhf1qfvd5ao1_500.png

Gaf, if I have straight ass hair, would I be able to pull this off? I have been spiking up my hair the past few years, and have grown tired of it. Started growing out my hair back in November. Ideally, I wanted something along the lines of what Jimmy Fallon has, but I think my hair is too straight for it.

kaskade

I think your hair looks fine as well. They might have a 1.5 clipper too if you want it a bit longer but not as long as the 2. I usually go 2 but might drop it down a length for next time.

What did you ask for exactly? I got mine done today and I really hate how it came out but it could be salvaged. How do I go about describing what you got? High fade?

I showed him a pic I used maybe 8 weeks back, he said it looked like a 1 right up (I usually get a 1 up to a 2) and I said "fuck it, go for it". I think is on page 7 if you are a 100pp guy and someone asks if its brandon flowers hair cut.

I assume high fade is what its called? I just say do it up to the hair line like if you divide your head into 3 sections (left middle right)

Qvoth

What's this hairstyle called? My face is quite round and i was told with longer hair i can cover the side part of my cheeks/jaws better and make me look a bit skinnier...
Most probably I'll do something like that but longer sides and back

PWa77d4.jpg

Looks great tbh.

What hair styling product can I use to style wet hair? I really like this hairstyle I can pull of when I get out of the shower and my hairs are still kinda wet. The gel I normally use doesn't work well on wet hair so that's why I'm looking for something else. Is there a specific kind of hair style product for this?

Anyone have any good styles or pictures for curlier hair? Everyone you are posting has amazing, perfect hair, but what I'm growing simply won't mold like that. I need inspiration!

Got a haircut on Friday as I was sick of it at this length.

Decided to go for the gaf fave look, no 3 blended back and sides and keeping the length and growing out the top. I like what the 4chan guy did, even though his hair is straight. I'm happy with it :)

Crappy phone pic is from dry hair after shower, no products. I have some AC Pomade, Fiber and Forming Cream. I think the Pomade works best in it but I've only really tried it once so far. Skin around my face is a bit red and drying out, gah
KTDW1Vr.jpg

trilobyte

gonna give growing out my hair a try. Nothing too long, but at least half over the ears.

Any tips? It's already getting annoying and it's barely at the top of ears 0_o

well time to share my story of heartache. So I was growing my hair out a bit to try a more styled undercut type style. Went to a salon showed a pic. She completely did it wrong and blended the long sides with the top. Looked terrible but it was salvagable. Decided I was gonna go back to my fauxhawk that actually looked good on me last two cuts. Went in to my barber today. Fauxhawk 3 on the sides. Mind you the same guy who gave me the awesome haircut twice already. He says ok and begins giving me a 4 buzzcut. My hair is gone. All the hours scouting this thread and asking questions for nothing. Two fluke shirty haircuts days apart. My hair sucks. I'm bothered. Fuck.

well time to share my story of heartache. So I was growing my hair out a bit to try a more styled undercut type style. Went to a salon showed a pic. She completely did it wrong and blended the long sides with the top. Looked terrible but it was salvagable. Decided I was gonna go back to my fauxhawk that actually looked good on me last two cuts. Went in to my barber today. Fauxhawk 3 on the sides. Mind you the same guy who gave me the awesome haircut twice already. He says ok and begins giving me a 4 buzzcut. My hair is gone. All the hours scouting this thread and asking questions for nothing. Two fluke shirty haircuts days apart. My hair sucks. I'm bothered. Fuck.

im sorry man, it is hair and it grows back (though it's amazing how a bad haircut can ruin your mood for a while). i went for an undercut back in dec and i usually get a 2 on the sides/back blended to the top. i said, fuck it go with the 1. way too short, had to go into the office looking pretty terrible and feeling awful the first few days. but, eventually it takes a week or two for the hair to grow back nicely and you can start fresh. hang in there.

kaskade

I need to find a good undercut picture. My stylist is kind of blending the top but I want that more defined line between the buzz and the length. It doesn't look bad at all really but not what I'm going for. I probably just need a better example to show her.

im sorry man, it is hair and it grows back (though it's amazing how a bad haircut can ruin your mood for a while). i went for an undercut back in dec and i usually get a 2 on the sides/back blended to the top. i said, fuck it go with the 1. way too short, had to go into the office looking pretty terrible and feeling awful the first few days. but, eventually it takes a week or two for the hair to grow back nicely and you can start fresh. hang in there.
Yeah i'm just baffled by the fact that it was two back to back screw ups. The top will grow in a few months and I used to buzz my hair all the time so it's not new to me. Just disappointed.

defel

Matte clay.

I'll find a relevant video link for you in the morning.

Thanks. Ive got some standard wax and hair spray which Ive been trying it with which works okay. Im gonna look for some different products the next time Im in town.

Jzero

Time to start cutting your own hair.

Jzero

I'm really considering it. 70% of every haircut I have ever gotten has been bad. Which is why the only hair I ever used most of the time was long or buzzed. I just don't know how to go about blending and shaping the top. This is my hair before and how I wanted it again.
I started cutting my hair because there was not one single freaken person who could cut it right. I gave them pictures and they always ended up with something totally different. The best part is that i don't have to pay anymore :D

daemonic

Banned
I've started cutting my hair as well but yeah, blending is definitely the hardest part. I'm also still struggling with shaping the back, still can't get it to look the way I want it to.

Rookje

I need to find a good undercut picture. My stylist is kind of blending the top but I want that more defined line between the buzz and the length. It doesn't look bad at all really but not what I'm going for. I probably just need a better example to show her.

tumblr_mdnqt74S281r65bg6o1_500.jpg

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Gaf, as much as I like having my hair up and looking mature, I think I am going to have it down for a while. I can't go anywhere without getting compliments from someone when I have bangs, for some reason. It may be the Bieber effect, but you know, self esteem boosts.

Thanks. Ive got some standard wax and hair spray which Ive been trying it with which works okay. Im gonna look for some different products the next time Im in town.

I don't know if this will help, but check out this guys earlier videos. There are a few on waxs and clays...I think.

Serious question.
How do you guys deal with wind? I walk two miles to school and my hair is ruined when I get there.

It kinda throws my whole day off.

Cake Boss

Banned
Looking to get new more modern cut tomorrow, got short spiky like hair, I want to do something like the above pictures with the sides cut and the top just a bit, but mostly all those cuts have some type of curl at the top, can it be done with short spiky hair?

I usually just do the fade and frohawk thing and thats it.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I can imagine them sitting there for 45 minutes bunching the hairs up into thick strands like that. "Okay, now its perfect, take the photo."

overcast

Thick hair is so hard to deal with. Though I have found in the past couple months, that a comb goes a longgg way. Any videos in dealing with short thick hair? Just inspiration. Any video, thought I saw one earlier in the thread.

SummitAve

Banned
I've got quite the lion's mane going on right now. my last cut which was about 6-7 inches and included some layers and thinning out which was back in July I think. I usually have a bit more of a poof on top and curls on the side but I had been wearing a hat all today in the dry cold.

smile??

I'm graduating in a couple months and need to do a serious cut, but I'm not quite sure what to do. All the way short or keep some length I dunno. I've got a close friend who is a stylist and she enjoys working with the longer hair because she is bored to death at work by guys with short hair which is apparently no fun to style and cut. What should I do!?

I'm going for a cut this afternoon. It's a new place and a new stylist that came highly recommended for men's cuts.

I'm taking this along.

2011_crazy_stupid_love_001%255B1%255D.jpg

I just can't pull off the longer styles anymore. It's not that I'm losing my hair or anything - I've got good genes and I'll probably never go bald - but it just doesn't stand up as easily as it used to.

Top Bottom