• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

kaskade

Alright bros. Picture time. I post in here quite a bit so I figure I'd share my do. Excuse it being a bit messy, end of the day. The last picture is how I'm thinking of getting it cut next time on the sides. Basically under the red line is what I want cut buzzed. I'm trying to find a good picture to show the stylist but I'd like to keep it a bit longer down the back of my head. Not sure if the picture conveys that too well.

J09he2i.jpg

nk6wgkR.jpg

5Gus25b.jpg

Edit: Just made a little better of a line in the last pic and fixed a spelling boo boo.

Rookje

Alright bros. Picture time. I post in here quiet a bit so I figure I'd share my do. Excuse it being a bit messy, end of the day. The last picture is how I'm thinking of getting it cut next time on the sides. Basically under the red line is what I want cut buzzed. I'm trying to find a good picture to show the stylist but I'd like to keep it a bit longer down the back of my head. Not sure if the picture conveys that too well.

Dude. Flawless.

Kaskade, I think that will look pretty good whenever you get it cut. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Looks really good. You are one handsome dude.

@luckyboy

Keep that fringe growing so you could really blow it up you sexy bastard. That cut is hot and gonna stay hot for weeks.
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Still a bit weird having a line in my head but I've started to get used to it.

yonder

Alright. My hair is looking kinda bad these days, so I need some suggestions. Here's what I have at the moment:

IMG_6441.jpg

IMG_6444.jpg

IMG_6447.jpg

Excuse the shitty t-shirt; I just woke up. I've kept it around 4mm for a few months now, but I decided to let it grow just a bit longer to get it looking darker (looks a lot lighter in these pictures, though), but since my hair is extremely straight the hairs line up making my scalp visible (does that make sense?). This is most noticeable in the last pic. So I'm thinking, let it grow a bit more, trim the sides and back and keep the top slightly longer. I love having short hair, so growing it out isn't really an option right now.

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Spotted this via a link in the fashion thread tittled "Never under estimate the power of grooming"
Seemed relevant.

ce25f28e707711e2904b22000a1f8c1d_7.jpg

Was in a mad rush this morning so I just mashed my hair into a faux hawk.
"Eh it will do, does not look to bad"
Get to work and check in the bathroom..

huge-mistake.gif

kaskade

Spotted this via a link in the fashion thread tittled "Never under estimate the power of grooming"
Seemed relevant.

ce25f28e707711e2904b22000a1f8c1d_7.jpg

Was in a mad rush this morning so I just mashed my hair into a faux hawk.
"Eh it will do, does not look to bad"
Get to work and check in the bathroom..

I've always said that. People don't realize the power of a decent haircut and some well fitting, nice clothes. It's not really as hard to do as it seems either.

Have some questions that I hope some people here can offer tips on.

I've always had a large amount of thick, curly hair but unfortunately have also always been too lazy to do anything with it. Went bald for a spell but it's not something I want to make a constant. Given I'm actively in college now I've come to the conclusion that it's something I should start taking into account, plus knowing you look good is always a positive. Would appreciate some tips on what you'll think would look good and perhaps some things to avoid as I'm pretty clueless in regards to hair styles. Note: Ignore the awful cheek fuzz, forgot to shave it before taking the pictures and can't be bothered fumbling with my phone again to retake them. Took the pictures with the hair I woke up with.

Edit 2:Removed pictures as I got the advice I wanted in a PM, don't want to leave too many real pictures up forever. Certainly not ones I took so early in the morning and lazily ;)

As you can no doubt tell the biggest issue right now is the absoulute mop that is the back of my head. Looks bad and unkempt to highest degree. Also has a bad habit of collecting dandruff.

Edit: Always forget to resize photos before posting.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I need your help friends.

What can I put in my hair after a shower to stop it from looking dry, and rough? Everytime I wash my hair, it looks like sand for about two days.

Unicorn

I need your help friends.

What can I put in my hair after a shower to stop it from looking dry, and rough? Everytime I wash my hair, it looks like sand for about two days.

I use shampoo every two days.

What kind of hair do you have? If you have curly, don't use shampoo AT ALL.

Also, Make sure your shampoo (and conditioner) has stearyl alcohol and perhaps avocado extract, both of which are great for hydrating.

If no shampoo is too much for you, make it a once-a-week thing. Shampoo is for cleansing grit, etc. Not for everyday treatment of hair.

I think I may make a guide for us curly-haired folk. I'm sick and tired of having literally no information about options, specifically for casual care.

What kind of hair do you have? If you have curly, don't use shampoo AT ALL.

Also, Make sure your shampoo (and conditioner) has stearyl alcohol and perhaps avocado extract, both of which are great for hydrating.

If no shampoo is too much for you, make it a once-a-week thing. Shampoo is for cleansing grit, etc. Not for everyday treatment of hair.

I think I may make a guide for us curly-haired folk. I'm sick and tired of having literally no information about options, specifically for casual care.

Would love to read that, although I'm unfamiliar with the suggestion to not use shampoo. The fews times I haven't it's felt a bit dirty and I tend to shower everyday. Although I suppose feeling a bit dirty is better than leaving it how it looks right now :D

Unicorn

Would love to read that, although I'm unfamiliar with the suggestion to not use shampoo. The fews times I haven't it's felt a bit dirty and I tend to shower everyday. Although I suppose feeling a bit dirty is better than leaving it how it looks right now :D

The reason is because your body is used to overproducing oils to compensate for the constant use of shampoo. Rinse your hair everyday and use a palm amount of conditioner for a few days and you should notice your hair becoming shinier and have a bit more body to it.

The reason is because your body is used to overproducing oils to compensate for the constant use of shampoo. Rinse your hair everyday and use a palm amount of conditioner for a few days and you should notice your hair becoming shinier and have a bit more body to it.

Will give it a go, thanks for the tip. Do maintain some general degree of hesitation/skepticism though if only because using shampoo has for reasons obvious become routine.

I'm just not sure if there's much merit to this no shampoo craze.

Lucius86

Banned
I hate this thread. Mainly because everyone's hair is so much better than mine.

i don't have access to a pic right now, but i have quite thin hair and really struggle to get a style i like. Its slightly receding too, but not all that bad.

what type of styles could work with this??

Rehynn

I hate this thread. Mainly because everyone's hair is so much better than mine.

i don't have access to a pic right now, but i have quite thin hair and really struggle to get a style i like. Its slightly receding too, but not all that bad.

what type of styles could work with this??

We're going to need a pic. But what I always tell my friends with receding hair is "Try growing it while you can!"

bjb

Banned
Personal opinion, but I think you went way too short on the sides. Your longish hair looks much better on you (imo). Suits your face much better. Props for trying new shit, though.

maxxpower

Wait, if you have curly hair why would you want more body?

Mr Goldenmyer

Neo Member
Do you guys have any good hairstyles for black dudes? I'm tired of just getting fades and mohawks and want to do something else with my hair. If y'all need pics of my hair I can put some up.

So I'm gonna try and get a cut at Baxter tomorrow. I never know how much to tip for hair cuts. If its 40 dollars, what do you all suggest?

I'll post results ...

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
So you guys asked me to file a report on what the part looks like after that hair grows back...

Its not that noticeable, but when you look up close it is definitely lol worthy. I need to go to barber more often if I want to keep that up.

oh you.

different hairstyle, something new

e51d8e90-45e9-47dd-a54e-88208f7dab35_zps39a35d8f.jpg

d81a8cff-4854-4d95-8040-8c299879dc47_zps84cca333.jpg

Decided to say fuck it and shave the sides. I like it a lot and it is a bit messy right now but there is a lot of potential and am happy with the cut.

Looks cool. I agree that you should let the sides grow a bit.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
So I got my cut today and decided I'd try the razor-part technique that we were talking about a few pages back. At first I wasn't digging it because the part looked a little too wide/harsh, but it's starting to grow on me and I think it'll look great in about a week when some hair grows back.

Combine that with my barber cutting my hair a tad higher than I like and I sort of got a psuedo-undercut (okay, not really, but that's what it felt like at first). I panicked a little but I'm starting to like it now. Thoughts?

Am I crazy, GAF? Does it look alright?

Fuck!

I can't compete with that!

I'm going for a cut this afternoon. It's a new place and a new stylist that came highly recommended for men's cuts.

I'm taking this along.

2011_crazy_stupid_love_001%255B1%255D.jpg

I just can't pull off the longer styles anymore. It's not that I'm losing my hair or anything - I've got good genes and I'll probably never go bald - but it just doesn't stand up as easily as it used to.

Pretty much my cut every 2-3 weeks.

Alright. My hair is looking kinda bad these days, so I need some suggestions. Here's what I have at the moment:

IMG_6441.jpg

IMG_6444.jpg

IMG_6447.jpg

Excuse the shitty t-shirt; I just woke up. I've kept it around 4mm for a few months now, but I decided to let it grow just a bit longer to get it looking darker (looks a lot lighter in these pictures, though), but since my hair is extremely straight the hairs line up making my scalp visible (does that make sense?). This is most noticeable in the last pic. So I'm thinking, let it grow a bit more, trim the sides and back and keep the top slightly longer. I love having short hair, so growing it out isn't really an option right now.

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Ok...grow some sort of lower jaw facial hair...if you can get the jason newstand goate going without the mo it will take the attention off your hair until you grow it out a little bit
you only need to grow out the top until you can gel it like jhonny knoxville then you are set

im all for the cant be stuffed crew cut but if you want action with the ladies they like something to grab and twirl while you are pounding away

Top Bottom