• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

As you should be, it looks great.

My advice to you is to start drinking heavilly.
Just kidding, you should try a more natural looking product I think. You don't even have to get a cut right now, just try something more matte, something that doesn't make it this spiky.

Also, if your hair is naturally straight like that you're really lucky, as you can pretty much do anything you want with it (I'm jealous).

a little bit of color or some tip would look goof in that doo

Rehynn

Perhaps it was a poor use of word, but what I meant is that without that "body" it is a frizzy, feathery mess. "Body" in my meaning was having the hair more collected in definitive curls.

Get a better shampoo, start using some kind of conditioner, maybe even get a better blow dryer (or stop blowdrying your hair altogether).

DatDude

Banned
Haircut gaf what do you think of my shorter ver?

The dude used a "razor" of some sort to give it some texture. I think it looks pretty good, especially after my long hair.

UUbpIux.jpg

Lkr

what's the trick to getting my hair to go up and not look like shit? when i put my wax in it just looks like a big clump. do i need to use a straightener or what?

what's the trick to getting my hair to go up and not look like shit? when i put my wax in it just looks like a big clump. do i need to use a straightener or what?
Try blowdrying your hair before using the product and/or try blowdrying the product in your hand to soften it up a bit. Makes it easier to spread around.

DatDude

Banned
Some ladies have been telling me that i should get some black studded earrings.. apparently it would go really well with my black hair.

What do you guys think?

kaskade

Maybe less product? Make sure you rub it in your hands too. Almost like a layer on your palms. One trick I find helpful is to not look in the mirror when I first put it in. That way I don't focus on one spot which is generally the front. Then fine tune it after you do that.

cluto

Hey, I have a challenge for you, Manhair-GAF: instead of posting these sexy male models with pretty hair, post some ugly-ass men with good haircuts so that most of us can have more realistic expectations. If you're a very attractive man, you can pretty much pull off whatever haircut you want, but that's not at all the case for most of us. Thanks.

Jeels

Hey, I have a challenge for you, Manhair-GAF: instead of posting these sexy male models with pretty hair, post some ugly-ass men with good haircuts so that most of us can have more realistic expectations. If you're a very attractive man, you can pretty much pull off whatever haircut you want, but that's not at all the case for most of us. Thanks.

I like this idea.

I like this idea.

Yeah but how do you search for something like that? Most good hair pictures tend to have good looking people.

Mr. F

Banned
Any shampoo recommendations for dry hair? Tried a bunch of random brands over the years and everything that claims to be hydrating just ends up making things frizzy regardless.

Any shampoo recommendations for dry hair? Tried a bunch of random brands over the years and everything that claims to be hydrating just ends up making things frizzy regardless.
You have to buy something that's sulfate-free. Most shampoos use sulfates because they allow the product to lather up really quickly, but they dry out the hair and scalp in the process.

Also, make sure you use a leave-in conditioner. A must for dry hair in the winter time.

bjb

Banned

Bro this is your moment. A calling of sorts. Start a fashion magazine / blog aimed at average looking people - pimped out with nice cloths and haircuts.

Your target audience is Men's Healths readers and anyone wearing a fedora. It's fucking gold man. Can't miss.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0032FSDOA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's expensive but works wonders.

Bro this is your moment. A calling of sorts. Start a fashion magazine / blog aimed at average looking people - pimped out with nice cloths and haircuts.

Your target audience is Men's Healths readers and anyone wearing a fedora. It's fucking gold man. Can't miss.
Actually a really good idea. Just find people and do hair/grooming makeovers basically.

bjb

Banned
Actually a really good idea. Just find people and do hair/grooming makeovers basically.

You know my post was like 90% sarcasm, but the more I think about it - it really could work. I'm not personally aware of any men's makeover blogs / magazines. I'm sure some dudes would really dig it.

Hell, imagine if you convince some bronies or fedora lovers to get a makeover - the entertainment value alone would be priceless.

You know my post was like 90% sarcasm, but the more I think about it - it really could work. I'm not personally aware of any men's makeover blogs / magazines. I'm sure some dudes would really dig it.

Hell, imagine if you convince some bronies or fedora lovers to get a makeover - the entertainment value alone would be priceless.

I'll only do it if you're the first participant.

Some sites have features every now and then where they do makeovers, but nothing strictly dedicated to them. GQ does a makeover section every 4 months or so and they're always some of the best articles in the entire magazine. I think a dedicated page would be awesome.

Might have to work in a hair salon or something to actually be able to provide consistent content though.

kaskade

I want to try out something from Hanz De Fuko but I'm not sure which one to try out. I'm thinking Hybridized Wax or scheme cream.

bjb

Banned
Some sites have features every now and then where they do makeovers, but nothing strictly dedicated to them. GQ does a makeover section every 4 months or so and they're always some of the best articles in the entire magazine. I think a dedicated page would be awesome.

Might have to work in a hair salon or something to actually be able to provide consistent content though.

Midnights get on this man. The more we talk about it - the more money I imagine just waiting to be piled up. I'm salivating...(and not just because of my retainer).

Rookje

I just think you'd get a ton of overweight, bald guys that don't have any money to "makeover." I have some friends who constantly want me to give them a bunch of tips and go out shopping, but they have such small budgets it wouldn't be any fun.

I just think you'd get a ton of overweight, bald guys that don't have any money to "makeover." I have some friends who constantly want me to give them a bunch of tips and go out shopping, but they have such small budgets it wouldn't be any fun.

We can market it as a high end service so bring your $$$ and if you're fat get a personal trainer first before you come to us.

kaskade

He looks like a boy in the beginning then turns out looking sharp.

I remembered a few episodes of the show Made on MTV would have kids wanting to be a "ladies man" and they usually involved some sort of makeover. This one was pretty good. Watch the whole episode if you want or just skip to the last segment. He looks way better (minus the clothes they put him in).

http://www.mtv.com/videos/made-seas...t.jhtml#series=2211&seriesId=9883&channelId=1

bonus that the nerdy girl gets a makeover too.

Mr. F

Banned
You have to buy something that's sulfate-free. Most shampoos use sulfates because they allow the product to lather up really quickly, but they dry out the hair and scalp in the process.

Also, make sure you use a leave-in conditioner. A must for dry hair in the winter time.

Thanks for the tips/recommendation, I'll look into it. In any other case price would be a factor but I'm willing to splurge a bit if it means finally getting something that actually works.

Top Bottom