• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

tumblr_megxtbnW9f1r65bg6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mhxe93Id7v1qlqhmbo1_500.jpg

Rehynn

That looked really good on the guy.

He was cute!

Finally, a normal-looking model, not someone who looks Photoshopped by nature. His hair was also not of the amazing "model hair" variety, where whatever you do to it, it still looks better than whatever you have on your best days.

DatDude

Banned
Finally, a normal-looking model, not someone who looks Photoshopped by nature. His hair was also not of the amazing "model hair" variety, where whatever you do to it, it still looks better than whatever you have on your best days.

His hair was fucking amazing.

I'm sorry, but if that's considered just "good"..than I can't imagine what male models have in terms of hair.

I mean seriously, that guy had a perfect hair line, and really thick hair. I couldn't see a single thinning hair strand. Also, his hair color is fucking awesome to boot.

Just great overall hair..not sure what a models is like..surely must be akin to the hair of god?

Rehynn

His hair was fucking amazing.

I'm sorry, but if that's considered just "good"..than I can't imagine what male models have in terms of hair.

I mean seriously, that guy had a perfect hair line, and really thick hair. I couldn't see a single thinning hair strand. Also, his hair color is fucking awesome to boot.

Just great overall hair..not sure what a models is like..surely must be akin to the hair of god?

Really? I know a ton of guys who have more naturally more impressive hair than that. Mine is still crap in comparison, of course.

DatDude

Banned
He looks like a boy in the beginning then turns out looking sharp.

I remembered a few episodes of the show Made on MTV would have kids wanting to be a "ladies man" and they usually involved some sort of makeover. This one was pretty good. Watch the whole episode if you want or just skip to the last segment. He looks way better (minus the clothes they put him in).

http://www.mtv.com/videos/made-seas...t.jhtml#series=2211&seriesId=9883&channelId=1

bonus that the nerdy girl gets a makeover too.

Maybe I'm crazy but he looked alot like Elijah Wood after his makeover

images

Getting haircut today. Going to a new hairdresser so let's see how bad they fuck it up. I haven't gotten a good hair cut since I was a kid. My hair is thick and grows like a weed so I can't afford one of those super trendy barbers or hairdressers every month.

Edit: success. Went for something like this one and lady got it pretty close.

tumblr_mbx0erg1Mb1rdh5ujo1_500.jpg

stn

Man, my situation is ironic sometimes. Women love my hair because its extremely silky and soft, yet I hate it because I have no volume. My hairline also isn't even. Whenever I get it cut really short and style it, people tell me I look amazing (until it grows too much after 2.5 weeks and there's no more volume). I'm convinced my face was MADE for thick hair. Girls rarely notice me when I have longer hair, yet I get it cut short and suddenly everything changes. And yet I'm still the same person.

When it naturally grows long I lose about 8-10 years of age. I've even had friends ask me why I "let myself go" when all I did was grow hair, lol. I guess the solution is to cut it every two weeks but I'm not too keen on blowing that much money (around $30 a cut where I go). Its a small price to pay for feeling good, but hey.

I can't shave my head because I have a really ugly hairline. I can't grow it long because it looks childish and unprofessional (think Justin Bieber). Especially with the field I'm in I like to have a serious and mature look.

I don't even know why I'm posting this. Ah well.

Inb4 everyone tells you to cut it short.
Just keep it as is man, highlights would ruin the look and become too much of a hassle to maintain as the dye fades.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Yo GAF, could you guys help me out with a recommendation or something? I want to get a cut tomm, before the weekend. Here is what I am dealing with..

IMG_20130214_212503.jpg

Some I thought were cool...not sure if my hair can pull these off though?
http://www.hairstyless.org/hairstyless/spiky-haircuts-for-men-2013-7.jpg
http://media-cache-ec6.pinterest.com/upload/93801604710902753_Hw3ctjL4_c.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mam5zv1efp1qdmqkko1_500.jpg

Thanks

Last two seem to be closest to your hair texture and direction. Matt clay or paste would complete the look.

bjb

Banned
Should I get highlights on my hair/fringe? I don't really know what colour or... I don't if I'd suit it :/

Also please critique my hair, I already know the fringe gets a bit frizzy :p

Cut that shit. Way too long (imo). Unless the emo-look is your thing.

kaskade

I dig the top guys cut. I might use that to show my stylist. It shows a little lengths towards the back and the disconnect between the sides and top.

I also got my Hanz De Fuko scheme cream today. Haven't tried it yet though. Might give it a try tonight even though I still have some American Crew left. Also gave me a little sample of hybridized wax which is nice.

kaskade

I realized last night that I wasted 26 years of my life having short hair.
Yeah I always kept it short because it would be hard to get through the awkward stage. My grandfather always wanted me to grow it too. Long hair is nice, even though it can be annoying to work with sometimes. Can't wait to get my sides trimmed next week though. My tops been growing since the beginning of September.

Rand6

Originally wanted to make it look like Tyler Durden. I then toned it down and made it just a shorter "messy spiky" hair cut that you see people in movies do. I feel this is more accepted then Tyler Durden's hair.

iF1D86jRkdc9c.jpg

I love your spikey hair style!
Any advice you can offer would be very welcome (I have thin hair).

kaskade

This is how my hair looks today. I'm getting it cut on Saturday, I'll get a high taper on the sides and back, and I'll keep the top the same. Opinions?

I think the top looks good. It's crazy how much of a difference getting the sides cut makes. I haven't had my top cut in a few months but whenever I go in to get the sides trimmed up it looks like a completely different haircut.

Mulligan

Banned
I have long, thick hair and want to try to attempt something like this. What products would i use as my hair tends to fall flat even with ultra hold products i've tried, also i have quite a big head so not sure if it would work?

Joe

If I'm trying to grow my hair out a few inches should I leave the hair that's starting to grow over my ears or do I have to deal with it for now and just leave it?

Loxley

I've been in the process of growing my hair out since last August, with the ultimate goal of going for a Jeff Bridges-style:

5406jeffbridgesprofile.jpg

I've grown my hair out long before (granted not quite that long) so I'm familiar with the obnoxious process of keeping it maintained. I found out the hard way the first time around that simply growing long hair and having it look great doesn't sort of happen on it's own. I really like having longer hair, the shitty part is just, well...waiting for my hair to grow. It's been over six months and I'd say I'm maybe over a 3rd of the way there (which is why I'm not going to bother posting a pic just yet). At this rate it won't be until Summer when I start to actually get close.

Sean, MiDNiGHTS and anyone else got any input for what I can do with this now?
I ended up giving it another fortnight, just been too busy to get a trim.
Cant really decide where to go from here and Im looking to get it cut or trimmed tomorrow.

For some reason my hands look freakishly large and man.. my nose is big. Also really shite at this self photo taking lark.

Hair from various angles

Sean, MiDNiGHTS and anyone else got any input for what I can do with this now?
I ended up giving it another fortnight, just been too busy to get a trim.
Cant really decide where to go from here and Im looking to get it cut or trimmed tomorrow.

For some reason my hands look freakishly large and man.. my nose is big. Also really shite at this self photo taking lark.

Hair from various angles
I think the top of your hair looks great, really good length. Maybe just trim the sides/back down? Unless of course you're asking for something totally different, then I'm not sure.

Hmm well maybe different? Or maybe a more disconnected cut on the side? I cant really decide. I also need to pick up some matt paste stuff as Im just about out of everything at this point!

Doodis

I went to Baxter Finley today and got my hair cut by Jonathan.

IT WAS AWESOME!

Best experience I've ever had. Straight razor to clean up the back of my kneck, warm towel to finish, extremely comfortable chairs from early 1900's, and super cool decor.

I wish I lived in L.A just for this place
How much does it cost to get your hair cut here? It looks amazing. Wish there was something like this by where I live.

I went to Baxter Finley today and got my hair cut by Jonathan.

IT WAS AWESOME!

Best experience I've ever had. Straight razor to clean up the back of my kneck, warm towel to finish, extremely comfortable chairs from early 1900's, and super cool decor.

I wish I lived in L.A just for this place
That's awesome. I'm contemplating getting my haircut there when I'm in LA next month.

Top Bottom