• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

I think the top of your hair looks great, really good length. Maybe just trim the sides/back down? Unless of course you're asking for something totally different, then I'm not sure.

Ended up getting to the place just after it closed but because I know the guy pretty well now as ive been going to him for like 4/5 months, he put off shutting up shop to cut mine.

Took what you said on board, decided to two up to the hairline/parting and just the ends off the top. Came out well so im happy.

Going to try and pick up some new hair product this week, maybe this hans stuff you guys have spoke about.

Edit: Fuck me! 19 euros for some quick sand? whhhhat?!

You could get your highlights at one of the salons there too. If you still want them.

New slikhaar video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6DcbBm9bwM
Good idea, I'm definitely still trying to get the highlights.

Ended up getting to the place just after it closed but because I know the guy pretty well now as ive been going to him for like 4/5 months, he put off shutting up shop to cut mine.

Took what you said on board, decided to two up to the hairline/parting and just the ends off the top. Came out well so im happy.

Going to try and pick up some new hair product this week, maybe this hans stuff you guys have spoke about.

Edit: Fuck me! 19 euros for some quick sand? whhhhat?!
Sounds great, dude. That's pretty much what I have and I think its a super versatile cut.

Sup! I've been growing my hair since since june I think.
This is june:
533307_10151080125733793_1190481950_n.jpg

And this is now:
75536_10151502235979254_1631679021_n.jpg

I think it has grown quite fast, but I'm still going to grow it for atleast 8-12 months so I can have all my hair in a knot on the back of my head. I've recently started to use knots for my hair because it just got too uncontrollable trying to make the hair look stylish every morning. This is much easier and all I need are two small knots. :)

Rookje

Mine is pretty similar, except its shorter on the sides. I'm thinking of growing it out on the sides now though.

Btw you look like Daniel Brühl.

Darknight

Bro this is your moment. A calling of sorts. Start a fashion magazine / blog aimed at average looking people - pimped out with nice cloths and haircuts.

Your target audience is Men's Healths readers and anyone wearing a fedora. It's fucking gold man. Can't miss.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0032FSDOA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's expensive but works wonders.

Ok so I have like really dry hair? The reason is that after a shower, my hair sticks up and looks frizzy! I've bought that Garnier stuff for dry damaged hair. The conditioner + the oil thing you apply for maximum "damage" lol.

Anyhow, been using it for months now and my hair is the same. Im gonna buy the above shampoo but are there other good products that go along with it like leave-on conditioners? Thanx

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I do wonder what he uses in his hair though. Mine is the exact same color, but I can never have shine/hold at the same time. I bet he has someone do that for him every morning lol.

Go_Ly_Dow

Going to a stylist tomorrow.

I'm happy with the length of my hair but just hate the thickness.

Would it be strange if I asked them just to thin it out, but pretty much keep the length as it is?

Going to a stylist tomorrow.

I'm happy with the length of my hair but just hate the thickness.

Would it be strange if I asked them just to thin it out, but pretty much keep the length as it is?

Not really, Women get it done aswell so it should be fine. I all ways ask for he tips to be cut even when Im growing it so might be worth considering.

Ecto311

bradley-cooper_original.jpg

Going to try to get to a barber tomorrow and want to get this kind of a hair cut. Anyone know what to ask for to get this? The place I usually go to wants clipper numbers and shit, I don't have a clue what sizes to get.

If I owned a barbershop I would change the names of my haircuts every year to movie titles. So people would come in asking for the "Drive" or "Silver Linings Playbook".

Supposedly that's all guys do is just come in asking for movie inspired haircuts.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
bradley-cooper_original.jpg

Going to try to get to a barber tomorrow and want to get this kind of a hair cut. Anyone know what to ask for to get this? The place I usually go to wants clipper numbers and shit, I don't have a clue what sizes to get.

I don't think I could be of much help. Whenever I went for short cuts as a kid, trying to get the look of some dude in a movie, it never worked out. I would bring the picture if I were you.

AlexMogil

Won't tell you to cut it short, since I do like long hair.

If it were me though, I wouldn't straighten it. My hair is thick, so I would try this:

14425661276302263_nvZTdsFr_c.jpg

I have hair that I am going to donate eventually - I've been growing it for about two years now. It's straight and incredibly thick with a lot of wave/curl at the end. I'd say it's about 10-12 inches. Id like to be able to pull this off. Possible? Not possible? If so, what product, and if not, what suggestions?

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I have hair that I am going to donate eventually - I've been growing it for about two years now. It's straight and incredibly thick with a lot of wave/curl at the end. I'd say it's about 10-12 inches. Id like to be able to pull this off. Possible? Not possible? If so, what product, and if not, what suggestions?

I would like to think that the process involves matting the top back with something heavy. Also, something with volume to the back of the hair.

Midnights might know. Its definitely possible if you have wavy/curly hair.

Also, Blowdryer.

Broseybrose

If I owned a barbershop I would change the names of my haircuts every year to movie titles. So people would come in asking for the "Drive" or "Silver Linings Playbook".

Supposedly that's all guys do is just come in asking for movie inspired haircuts.

When i want a movie inspired cut i gather a bunch of good hair shots of the character on my phone and show them to the stylist at the salon. Its a great way to let them know what you want, in case they havent seen whatever movie it is.

Broseybrose

I would like to think that the process involves matting the top back with something heavy. Also, something with volume to the back of the hair.

Also, Blowdryer.

What are the benefits to blowdrying long hair?

Ive never blowdried my hair. But i feel like im gonna have to start blowing it dry because my hair takes so long to dry now. I let it dry pulled in a ponytail right now, and then once its dry ill let it loose. Then it becomes less and less straight as time goes on because my hair is naturally wavy/ringlet. My hair is 3 months longer than this pic.

jPiVMI9NI1pVp.jpg

I should probably blowdry my hair, huh? Itd make my life a lot easier.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Well, the dude's hair in that pic looks kind of rustled and messy towards the back. If you add something like mousse to it when wet, and mess it with your hand while drying in the direction you want, it should look similar to that.

I am only saying that because it is a method I have used for shorter messy hair.

AlexMogil

Also, Blowdryer.

You know, I blowdry my hair but the frizz is ridiculous.

Post 1522 third picture is a pretty good cut that I think I would look good with. What do you call that haircut?

Here is a link to the pictures I posted of myself. Do y'all think the haircut I linked to up there would be a good look? Any other suggestions?
I think that cut would look great on you, but I'd keep maybe a little extra hair on top than the photo.

I think this is why i never blowdry. It was implanted im my head that blowdrying causes frizziness, which is something my hair is naturally prone to, especially in SFL climate.
I think it's the heat that causes the frizziness. Maybe if you blow dry on cool or a lesser intensity that won't happen? I don't have super long hair but just an idea.

stn

Get rid of the sideburns, definitely. Its just much cleaner and more professional. Nice haircut.

Pocks

got another cut today.. basically the same as last time, but my barber recommended a #1 fade on the sides instead of #2. It's around 3.25" or 3.5" on top.

9xIIKPk.png

no barber visits, just natural growth from last month.. up to a little over 4" on top.

Cb756tB.jpg

maxxpower

If I had not-fat cheekbones and was better looking I could pull this off:

jbewWdXxctP7XT.jpg

I'm quite fit and lean but for some reason my cheeks are always fat. It makes me look totally not attractive.

Pocks

Nice, Pocks. That looks great. Here's the growth of my hair since my last cut almost exactly a month ago.

Also, I've recently moved almost entirely from pomade to clay and been extremely happy with the results. Much better hold and after a good amount of blow drying the styling looks just as good if not better. Here's today:

Thanks man. Yours is looking quite dapper. I like the texture.

What clay, and how much are you using? What's the process for applying it? Sorry for so many questions.
KuGsj.gif

Thanks man. Yours is looking quite dapper. I like the texture.

What clay, and how much are you using? What's the process for applying it? Sorry for so many questions.
KuGsj.gif
Of course man, it's no problem at all.

I'm partial to Baxter products so right now I'm using the Baxter Clay. I blow dry my hair after I get out of the shower, initially blowing it downward and use my hand to create friction by rubbing the top of my hair in circles for some extra volume. After that I'll blow it up and to the right (or the direction you would normally comb it) and guide my hair with my hand.

Use about enough product to cover the top of your index finger. Clay can be super hard and pastey, so sometimes I warm it up with the blowdryer to make it a bit easier to apply. Rub in between hands, apply to hair and finish off the part and the sides with a comb and that's pretty much it. Hope that helps.

bjb

Banned
Pocks are you using any product for your hair? I think I have the same texture / length as you, but I'm not currently using anything - looks like you might be in that photo.

I'm partial to Baxter products so right now I'm using the Baxter Clay. I blow dry my hair after I get out of the shower, initially blowing it downward and use my hand to create friction by rubbing the top of my hair in circles for some extra volume. After that I'll blow it up and to the right (or the direction you would normally comb it) and guide my hair with my hand.

Use about enough product to cover the top of your index finger. Clay can be super hard and pastey, so sometimes I warm it up with the blowdryer to make it a bit easier to apply. Rub in between hands, apply to hair and finish off the part and the sides with a comb and that's pretty much it. Hope that helps.

Isn't blow drying your hair (getting it too hot) bad / unhealthy for the hair follicle?

bjb

Banned
Well after a bit of reading it seems that it can really dry the follicles out overtime if consistently done at high heat without some type of precaution being taken or limiting the blow drying all together.

Man that stuff is $18 for you guys and £18 for me, fuck.

no barber visits, just natural growth from last month.. up to a little over 4" on top.

[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Cb756tB.jpg[/IMG]

Looks good man, really like the look.

I prolly will get a cut next month. I enjoy my current style and plan to keep it for a few months. High maintenance though.

Top Bottom