• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

mooooose

I love my hair now. I shaved it for two years because my hairline started receding but I grew it out a little for the first time in 4 years and it looks great. A little thin in the front but I slick it back and to the side and I look fucking great. My hair is too thick for a beckham undercut but I just get the sides really short anyway.

Broseybrose

Sorry, my ear looks deformed in this for some reason. Its not irl.

I had it slicked back like his yesterday. Got so many compliments in the last two days, so im gonna keep it.

I was gonna get a cut just like that the other day, but my hair is longer than its ever been right now. Ive never really had long hair before because its so thick and hard to manage, but ive finally grown it past the point where it has become much easier to manage. So i just got the back and ends trimmed.

iY2VkOIUtPBk8.jpg

So ima save your badass haircut for when/if im done with my long hair.

I was gonna get a cut just like that the other day, but my hair is longer than its ever been right now. Ive never really had long hair before because its so thick and hard to manage, but ive finally grown it past the point where it has become much easier to manage. So i just got the back and ends trimmed.

iY2VkOIUtPBk8.jpg

KGQvb.jpg

?

Futureman

I think I need to do a #1 or 2 buzz every week or so, but I've been holding off. I feel like you almost need a new wardrobe if you go this route so I've been a little timid. I guess I should be posting in the bald(ing) thread.

Alucrid

Banned
After this year I'll have two years of straight classes, I'll probably start growing my hair out then...maybe get it to shoulder length by the end.

Broseybrose

See and the longer my hair gets the more compliments i get (from females).

Strange you guys think its so horrible. Probably because everyone in this thread wants the beckham or gosling look.

bob page

Strange you guys think its so horrible. Probably because everyone in this thread wants the beckham or gosling look.

Women traditionally know absolutely nothing about men's style / hair. Plus, every girl I've ever met says something will look good until I weasel their real opinion out of them. Everyone wants the Gosling, etc look because it looks good and is flattering- your current long hair, unfortunately, is not.

Cut it!

Horse Detective

Why the long case?

iY2VkOIUtPBk8.jpg

Go for that haircut man. You have a nice face, it will look really cool.

Got my undercut haircut v2.0. I LOVE IT.

I'll post pics later mayb.

Yeah man I want to see this.

I ordered Hanz De Fuko shampoo and their conditioner. It's supposed to be pretty good stuff but I will post impressions. I would also like to say that Enjoy Volumizing Mousse is the best mousse I've used so far.

Rookje

The worst is linking the length to your beard. Seems like they both should always be the same length, but gl with that.

flyover

From my experience, when a whole bunch of women have told me they liked my hair, it often meant one (or both) of two things. 1) they would like to have hair somewhat like mine, or 2) the hair looks good as an independent entity (which doesn't necessarily mean it looks good on me).

You don't want people to say, "I love your hair." You want them to say, "You look good." A good haircut will get you more of the latter -- and, who knows, you may still get your fill of the former.

Ra\/en

d_fi_d_sculpt_High_Hold_Low_Shine_Hair_Sculptor_751301322889.jpg

I use this stuff. I find it has a non-greasy matte finish to it with a decent hold. I used to use the "d:struct" but I find it makes my hair look a bit too greasy. I have naturally thin and greasy hair, so the D:sculpt looks better.

I have really fine hair... Always have. Next time I hit the salon I'm going to ask for a different hairstyle. This thread has given me a lot to think about! thx guys.

Does anyone here have dreadlocks?

I'm looking to mix it up a bit, as I have been going back and forth between the same hair styles for as long as I can remember. My hair is thick + curly and about 7 inches long at the moment, so I think it would be pretty ideal for dreads. I've been doing some research and there is a shitload of contradicting advice, I'm confused. Wax or no wax? Do it at home or go to the hair dressers? What type of shampoo am I supposed to use, as apparently regular shampoo is no good? What's the best method, backcombing?

Thanks.

Yoshiya

Good luck!

Success, I think. She seemed to actually know what she was doing (refreshing). She took a number four right up to the top, and made it shorter towards the back of the top to blend it more. The fringe is still about the length I had it before but somehow much more manageable now.

Pointless pic one:
tQEf4.jpg

"Alcohol is bad kids" angle:
wBVKa.jpg

Hair cut time! Ive gone from getting my hair cut every four months (god what was I thinking? but this was a few years back) to pretty much every three weeks.

Its just over four weeks today as I have a thing about getting it cut the day before an "event" so Im going to Bristol on Saturday with alot of people so I want it to be in prime condition.
Sides look rough as is grown out and some dreaded grey bits are sneaking in.

Has anyone gone with a 1 up the sides for an undercut? Lowest ive gone is a 1 faded up to 2 and was wondering if anyone was braver than I.

This and the other pictures from the set are what ive taken to the barbers recently
beautifulfulSS13_lkbk021.jpg

Hopefully it can work full now as the left side need more growth due to how I had it prior.

bob page

So I switched to using Bedhead Matte Separation Working Wax this week and it's pretty awesome. I've been wanting something with high hold and a matte, low shine finish for a while now and this fits the bill perfectly. I've tried AC Fiber, Redken Working Wax, etc and they all didn't have nearly as good of a hold.

Plus, my hair still feels soft and workable, unlike most waxes with high hold.

SeriousApes

It's about time to get a haircut. I want to get something like an undercut, but perhaps not as long. I have thick, kind of wavy hair, though, so I'm not sure what kind of style would look good.

Rehynn

Anybody have experience with American Crew shampoos and conditioners? I found a place that sells them in my country, so I might give them a try. My current combo leaves my hair pretty dry and messy.

genjiZERO

Truth: the cultural standard of short hair on men is a conspiracy concocted by women and bald men jealous because of our thick luscious lion-like mane!

Pro tip: if you have a dandruff problem use Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo. It gets your sufficiently clean, but it's so gentle that it doesn't fuck with your scalp.

Got it cut, guy recommended a 3 instead of a 2 so went with what he said and now the left side is juuusstt about long/heavy enough to do it properly. I think in a month it will be perfect.

Should have got a pic but I had to shower to get all the bits out. Perhaps in the morning!

Hey Mens Hair GAF, I'm needing some style help. It's a little long now, but it's usually tapered into a regular old scissor cut, parted on the right side. See my hairline's gone up a bit and thinning in the back. Was gonna get it cut today or tomorrow, anyone have any recommendations on what might look better on me? I also plan on getting different glasses, probably rectangular black Oakleys or something.

face_resized.jpg
56D961DE-D716-498B-B718-FC5806441138-670-000000BBFA6CC96D.jpg

Rookje

Hair cut time! Ive gone from getting my hair cut every four months (god what was I thinking? but this was a few years back) to pretty much every three weeks.

Its just over four weeks today as I have a thing about getting it cut the day before an "event" so Im going to Bristol on Saturday with alot of people so I want it to be in prime condition.
Sides look rough as is grown out and some dreaded grey bits are sneaking in.

Has anyone gone with a 1 up the sides for an undercut? Lowest ive gone is a 1 faded up to 2 and was wondering if anyone was braver than I.

This and the other pictures from the set are what ive taken to the barbers recently
beautifulfulSS13_lkbk021.jpg

Hopefully it can work full now as the left side need more growth due to how I had it prior.
I got a 0, didn't like how it looked.

I now have a ~1-3 faded upwards.

Quick

Banned
So, what's a good cut for an Asian guy, without looking ridiculous and is easy to maintain (read: no gels, product)?

I'd like to stay away from Goku-style hair territory, and actually look like I belong in the real world, and not in an anime, or something.

Hey Mens Hair GAF, I'm needing some style help. It's a little long now, but it's usually tapered into a regular old scissor cut, parted on the right side. See my hairline's gone up a bit and thinning in the back. Was gonna get it cut today or tomorrow, anyone have any recommendations on what might look better on me? I also plan on getting different glasses, probably rectangular black Oakleys or something.

face_resized.jpg
56D961DE-D716-498B-B718-FC5806441138-670-000000BBFA6CC96D.jpg

Here's what I went with:
face_bright.jpg

Mik2121

If you wanna have a fauxhawk don't just use your hands to pull all the hair to the center. Instead use 3 or 4 fingers to pull all the hair in the center up (by moving your hand from the forehead to the top of your head or wherever you want the fauxhawk to end) and then just touch a tiny bit on the sides to adjust the shape.

But to get it nicely, you'll want to tell the hairdresser.

Top Bottom