• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mercenary Kings |OT| It's Megaman/Metal Slug meets Borderlands (lol)

I mostly use weapon customizations that make me use a particular ammot type. SO my cat shotgun, any part that takes my shotgun rating past 100%, I dont use. Any part that makes my gun too heavy, I dont use. SO that limits a lot of the parts I can use. My cat shotgun doesnt even have a magazine, a scope, nor a stock. Just a long barrel and the ammo. The reciever by itself wrecks face.

Since your tired of it, I'd say try the other cat weapon or just a differen ammo type and see if that changes up your gameplay some.

This is a good protip for shotgun/magnum users. It eases up a lot on the weight and actually having less accuracy% can be better. Some of the bullets will stray diagonally which is good for getting enemies diagonally.

sorry to post so much about my bugs, but i went ahead and recorded a video of the issue just now so that people could see what i'm talking about. EDIT: also.... those load times.... ugh.

Mercenary Kings PS4 - Audio/Video Stuttering

i couldn't get the audio *popping* in the video because my phone sucks and the AC turned on RIGHT before i started recording. it's also hard to notice the mission loading issues in this video, but in person in front of the TV it's noticeable. my wife keeps asking what's wrong with the game.

hopefully they address more bugs in the future. we're just happy to know that boss fight crashing has been fixed. :)

I've only had some audio stuttering which I thought was on purpose to give the game a more old school feel lol

Ouch, Violence Kings fight was messy

This game rocks. Would have dismissed it as a Metal Slug clone if I didn't get it with PS+.

If I do a mission that I don't have access to yet in a Public game, do I get credit when I eventually get access?

Ashtar

When I first started playing this game I was so frustrated, but now that I actually understand what I'm supposed to do it's really fun. I'm enjoying all the customization options available.

ReaperXL7

You are right. By fixing I mean changing.

Probably not because they would have to change the way the entire system works.

Your movement/jumping is effected by the weight values of your equipment, simply changing the the animation would not fix it.

Grinchy

Banned
I've been playing this game with my brother lately and it's way more fun than I thought it would be. He was trying to get me to play it for like a week before I finally gave in. We beat the recruit missions and it's been a lot of fun so far.

If you're having a really bad time jumping, unequip your heavyass weapon by selecting your transceiver (or any other item you might have on you) and your agility is increased. Use this method to make difficult jumps. If you don't want to do this, then just use handguns and magnums with bare minimum pieces.

Are wicked idols only available from the violence kings?

Yes. If you've collected a certain item and you'd like to find out what to kill to get them, you can talk to Cadillac to see the compendium of enemies which shows their stats and item drops.

Some items spawn in specific missions, and if you want to farm them fast, you can just load into the mission, pick up the item, and use your transceiver to call Bobby to allow you to exit the mission and still keep all the items you collected. Repeat this until satisfied.

taco543

I just got the missile fury shotgun, with firefly shot on it and wrecks soo much face, i solo the violence kings quite easily with it

Killing Violence Kings is pretty easy, atleast the first phase: as soon as they drop, chuck a shock grenade and you'll get them in red even before the shock runs out.

I found adrenaline shots handy for the second phase, avoiding the attacks were harder but shocking the platform/ark did help it stop but not by much

taco543

i usually roll with 3 shock bombs and two adrenaline shots, hit once with bomb right when they land, i get them to go on the hover thing before it wears off, then use the other two while they're on it, and i can kill em in less then 2 minutes.

David___

Banned
Having trouble with the "Into the Facility" mission on Lt Colonel. How am I supposed to get past the n-tech things?

Edit: Turns out I missed a door. nvm

Yuripaw

Banned
I'm a little confused. I've done every mission for recruit through sergeant, but the lieutenant missions haven't opened up yet...I must be missing something?

I'm a little confused. I've done every mission for recruit through sergeant, but the lieutenant missions haven't opened up yet...I must be missing something?
I haven't experienced that, but I'm guessing you radioed for help (spot bosses, C4, health, etc.) quite a bit? That usually incurs an RP (ranking points?) hit, which might mean you don't have enough to rank up. Maybe try redoing some missions at sergeant level and not radioing for help.

Has anyone else experienced intense FPS drops? I'm doing Colonel missions and bought Crisscross Shell ammo, this ammo spreads when shot from the gun and further breaks down upon impact into tiny pellets.

When the ammo is used in a level against an enemy, there are intense FPS drops + jitter. I tried capturing the video but in the video it isn't showing any FPS drop :/

will there ever be a patch?

My game was patched last week? Was yours not?

I mean, they fixed the most glaring problems (boss crashes, network invites not being exclusive, etc). Now I think we just need them to optimize some things so that loading is quicker and there's less audio stutter when starting the game.

derwalde

My game was patched last week? Was yours not?

I mean, they fixed the most glaring problems (boss crashes, network invites not being exclusive, etc). Now I think we just need them to optimize some things so that loading is quicker and there's less audio stutter when starting the game.

i didnt even notice because the audio stutter and framedrops are still present.

EU region is still to receive a patch, NA has already received several patches. I don't know what the fuck is wrong that they aren't pushing the EU patch :/

Yuripaw

Banned
I haven't experienced that, but I'm guessing you radioed for help (spot bosses, C4, health, etc.) quite a bit? That usually incurs an RP (ranking points?) hit, which might mean you don't have enough to rank up. Maybe try redoing some missions at sergeant level and not radioing for help.

Well now I'm really confused. I may have been doing what you said, and spent rank points without realizing it would affect the mission progression, so I started doing a bunch of sergeant missions. I after doing a bunch I noticed I still wasn't getting anywhere, and I looked at my status in the menu.

It said next rank is at 150 points, and that it said I had 149...so I figured, ok...well another mission or so should do it. No matter how many missions I do though, I don't gain any rank points, and I'm stuck at 149.

what am i supposed to do? =/

I hate it when you complete a mission and then it crashes, and that mission never counted. Fun times.

Yep. They seem to have only addressed boss fight crashes. I still get slow down and stuttering when boss fights start. Then crashes when we head back to base.

The unstable nature of this game puzzles me because supposedly the game was finished early last month so you'd think they would have noticed and fixed them sooner.

Well now I'm really confused. I may have been doing what you said, and spent rank points without realizing it would affect the mission progression, so I started doing a bunch of sergeant missions. I after doing a bunch I noticed I still wasn't getting anywhere, and I looked at my status in the menu.

It said next rank is at 150 points, and that it said I had 149...so I figured, ok...well another mission or so should do it. No matter how many missions I do though, I don't gain any rank points, and I'm stuck at 149.

Try completing extra objectives and also try to find and complete hidden objectives/secret objectives.

David___

Banned
The answer is probably obvious, but is it possible to melee
Tiny Computer?
Need to finish that mission with the Bolt for the trophy and to continue.

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm finding this game to be really frustrating and kind of fruitless. I feel like I never accomplish anything and the missions are really aimless and unexplained... Plus it has weird performance issues on PS4.

I mean, why are the Rookie missions so punitive? Why can't I get at least one trophy? Why is nothing really explained? Why must I pool lives with my co-op partner and lose money if they're dicking around?

This game looks so fun, why can't it just BE fun?

Yeah got a bit tired of the game and moved onto Warframe, even though i'm pretty close to the end. I think ill be back when the Vita version comes out

I........it's a lot easier than Mega Man games lol

Yeah its not too difficult if you know what you are doing. You can definitely pick up on the trial and error stuff pretty quickly.

I didn't find the game too hard at all, and I had no crashes on PS4........it's a lot easier than Mega Man games lol

Just use the map

There's a red ! By the rank that corresponds with yours. U must now face the boss for a promotion. Once the boss mission appears your RP won't increase until u beat the boss

Duallusion

Radio uses battery points (BP) not rank points (RP). It's fully charged at the start of every mission.

Number45

EU region is still to receive a patch, NA has already received several patches. I don't know what the fuck is wrong that they aren't pushing the EU patch :/
This is ridiculous. Makes me far less likely to support the developer in the future.

Top Bottom