• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
CautiousBlissfulHarlequinbug-small.gif

tenor.gif

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
WHAT?!

Edit: I understand JAMMA but CyberPanda? Be more transparent please
Apparently he was stalking people. How does one even stalk here? Do people share personal info over at discord or something. The fuck?
What is the downside?
We will literally be doing what old gaf did and we'd be closer to being like ERA. Anybody with a throwaway/college email could abuse the system as well.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Following people on the forum? Or taking it outside Gaf?
No idea. All the info we got was over at the ban thread.
A minor barrier to entry is hardly making the place like Era.
The people that are going to cause problems aren't actually going to use their personal information.
No we don't do that. We're a family on Discord and we don't have any fuckery
I'm asking cause I don't use it mang. I had no idea Panda somehow was cyber stalking.

Fake

Gold Member
Apparently he was stalking people. How does one even stalk here? Do people share personal info over at discord or something. The fuck?
Discord have being criticized for opening barriers to the culture of cancellation. They share a lot. EviLore EviLore , If I may ask, was cyber stalk of in real world attempt?

Last edited:
Doesn't this site have auto spam bans? No need to go back to paid Email when the only manual stuff that needs to be done are to deal with Reset leakage. ;)

I don't care about console wars I don't read those threads, but seeing a massive uptick in alt accounts lately.
And the mods will deal with that one person creating alternate accounts. Reverting back to the old sign-up process or something similar will make it more difficult for new users that aren't troublesome to sign up.

Fake

Gold Member
Are you talking about our discord?
No, not about specific discord. Lets say, era discord for example. As much that people talk shit there, is in their discord they keep talking dark stuff like pedo, cancel target, etc...
There is a way of know how many discords places one user could be?

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
And the mods will deal with that one person creating alternate accounts. Reverting back to the old sign-up process or something similar will make it more difficult for new users that aren't troublesome to sign up.

I'm just saying that it didn't really keep the community from growing previously. If it's passively keeping out a certain number of trolls, that's positive I think, but I guess the staff is prioritizing activity.

I'm just saying that it didn't really keep the community from growing previously. If it's passively keeping out a certain number of trolls, that's positive I think, but I guess the staff is prioritizing activity.
Why do you think I mentioned less people posting as a downside? A lot of new users who sign up will mention how they were finally able to do so because the sign-up process became less restrictive in recent years. This guy creating alternate accounts is just a small price to pay and most likely he will grow tired of creating alts.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
A lot of new users who sign up will mention how they were finally able to do so because the sign-up process became less restrictive in recent years.

It really wasn't a difficult hurdle, but enough to be a pain for trolls I would imagine.

Papa Papa O-N-E O-N-E
That was a great thread. Not sure why it got locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom