• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Why are you using a dead brand's logo as an avatar :( ?
6294.jpg

Tesseract

Banned
They should do a study to figure out at what point does FPS count make zero difference in eSports performance. I'm guessing 360 is unnecessary.
nvidia did experiments recently with shroud and friends, up to 10x better in some cases

there's comparative studies, usaf lit, other portals on google if you need technical information

O-N-E

nvidia did experiments recently with shroud and friends, up to 10x better in some cases

there's comparative studies, usaf lit, other portals on google if you need technical information

I wouldn't trust nVidia, and 10x better over what other option?

-Arcadia-

Banned
Went out to walk the dog, missed out on that weeb self-pity novella before the lock.

I want things to get better for him, but I feel like he doesn’t ever listen. He just keeps doing the same things, has a blow-up every week, everyone here offers him advice that he ignores, and repeat.

I’m glad it was locked. He needs some tough love (or yes, actual therapy) to get him on the right track. Pity parties and advice offered to someone who won’t take it, solve nothing. The real kindness is giving him what he needs, so he can sort things out for himself.

And the Trump stuff is just obnoxious. Walk into a conversation telling everyone how bad they are for supporting Trump, then cry that nobody wants to debate you, and tells you to fuck off. Well, gee, I wonder why?

-Arcadia-

Banned

Boss gave him some sound advice, he badly needs therapy because there's no way any rant should go from "I hate Trump, but I also hate far left liberals" to the "Shinto way of thinking". I don't even know what is the history with this person, but that's a VERY large leap to make and he sounds like he needs to organize his thoughts with the help of a professional.

brap

Banned
I want things to get better for him, but I feel like he doesn’t ever listen. He just keeps doing the same things, has a blow-up every week, everyone here offers him advice that he ignores, and repeat.

I’m glad it was locked. He needs some tough love (or yes, actual therapy) to get him on the right track. Pity parties and advice offered to someone who won’t take it, solve nothing. The real kindness is giving him what he needs, so he can sort things out for himself.

And the Trump stuff is just obnoxious. Walk into a conversation telling everyone how bad they are for supporting Trump, then cry that nobody wants to debate you, and tells you to fuck off. Well, gee, I wonder why?
ayo fuck donny dump. i wanna kill myself and jack off to asian girls. btw somebody help me. but i wont accept because i hate myself.

MetalAlien

Banned
Space cat reminds me of this rug I just found that I am totally going to buy!

-Arcadia-

Banned
Prime example of making everything worse. EL tells him for the umpteenth time, hey, go get therapy. He ignores that too, and runs to Resetera to try the same thing, and everything blows up in his face.

Some people just can’t get out of their own way. You can light up an entire runway, and direct them to it with lit up guidance sticks and huge gestures, and they’ll still bumble around in circles.

It looks to me like Shantae needs to decide whether he wants his life to be better, and to get active, and take a real role in that, or to remain stuck where he is forever. I would vastly prefer the former. I’m going to ignore the Pedo art apologist thing, because it’s Reset. I’d like to see this guy really pull it together and find his happiness.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I mean you guys kept trying to keep him here telling him not to leave. Repeatably. Was given multiple chances to stop being too weird and given general advice but people rarely take it. How many times has he said he wanted to off himself? The strangest thing is he asked for ban, came back a few days later and had another weird ass thread that doesn't belong on gaf only to get perm'd over it. That makes it the what, 3rd user that does that?

-Arcadia-

Banned
I mean you guys kept trying to keep him here telling him not to leave. Repeatably. Was given multiple chances to stop being too weird and given general advice but people rarely take it. How many times has he said he wanted to off himself? The strangest thing is he asked for ban, came back a few days later and had another weird ass thread that doesn't belong on gaf only to get perm'd over it. That makes it the what, 3rd user that does that?

Is there something wrong with that? Before I caught onto the seeming pattern of this happening over and over again, and advice not being taken, yeah, I didn’t want him to be chased off, and tried to offer him advice about being headstrong, confident, and not taking Reset-tier posters too seriously.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Is there something wrong with that? Before I caught onto the seeming pattern of this happening over and over again, and advice not being taken, yeah, I didn’t want him to be chased off, and tried to offer him advice about being headstrong, confident, and not taking Reset-tier posters too seriously.
Sorta yes. Enabling someone is never good. Guy's life is boring at worse going off his threads, and being lonely isn't a terminal disease. Nobody chased him off either he did that himself. Everyone here was respectful since his first I'm a piece of shit that needs to die (tm) username/thread (for the most part) all things considered. But then again nobody here is a shrink something WOE IS ME obviously needs. Anyway here's Wonderwall.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Sorta yes. Enabling someone is never good. Guy's life is boring at worse going off his threads, and being lonely isn't a terminal disease. Nobody chased him off either he did that himself. Everyone here was respectful since his first I'm a piece of shit that needs to die (tm) username/thread (for the most part) all things considered. But then again nobody here is a shrink something WOE IS ME obviously needs. Anyway here's Wonderfall.

I don’t think you can say I ever enabled him. I’ve been on the tough love thing for quite a while now.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I don’t think you can say I ever enabled him. I’ve been on the tough love thing for quite a while now.
That's just what an enabler thinks. "I was hard on him." But nah, you were too soft on Johnny and now he is banned from reeeee and is now browsing Reddit/discord. Good intentions aren't malicious and people should get second chances though.

I didn't hate Shantae but the last game was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom