• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalAlien

Banned
Recently?
giphy.gif

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I wish people were less kind to shit people. It makes shit people keep being shit because there’s no incentive to change.
I'm pretty sure a mugger doesn't care what people think about them as they are already shit. Robbing elderly people around christmas time to buy a ps5 and the like. People don't change, not entirely anyway. Specially shit people, this much is true. Reformation is a pipe dream and the only thing these animals understand is being punished adequately rather than people being shit to them. Unless that is what you meant then disregard.

Papa

Banned
I'm pretty sure a mugger doesn't care what people think about them as they are already shit. Robbing elderly people around christmas time to buy a ps5 and the like. People don't change, not entirely anyway. Specially shit people, this much is true. Reformation is a pipe dream and the only thing these animals understand is being punished adequately rather than people being shit to them. Unless that is what you meant then disregard.

I think we’d need to define what we mean by shit person for this to continue

MetalAlien

Banned
I wish people were less kind to shit people. It makes shit people keep being shit because there’s no incentive to change.
I was just telling this story at work when I suggested NI be (temp) banned and 3 others and 3 others was one of the most outspoken at how it was a bad look for me to say that... and then while arguing with NI 3 others trips over his dick and gets banned.

MetalAlien

Banned
Muggers aren’t the only kind of shit person.

I’m talking more about socially shit people. Narcissists who act without honour while hiding behind a thin veneer of politeness that they misrepresent as civility. Those are the shit people who must be crushed.
I was going to tag NI but what's the point?

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Muggers aren’t the only kind of shit person.

I’m talking more about socially shit people. Narcissists who act without honour while hiding behind a thin veneer of politeness that they misrepresent as civility. Those are the shit people who must be crushed.
I specifically meant muggers because that was what my post originally was about. Like irl. I wasn't talking cryptically or anything about prideful two faced people that are actually assholes. I'm talking about actual things that cause damage to others because fuck you .Unless you are speaking about all politicians/execs then I agree. Liars the lot of em. (I am not Scopa Scopa )

I was going to tag NI but what's the point?
I wish Nobody_Important Nobody_Important would call other people fuckers or cunts. Can't trust a man that can't call others cunts.

For some people there's really no distinguishing between a great game with a bad launch and a mediocre to bad game with a bad launch, both deserve the same level of shit storm it seems. Basically I see the same kind of "look at this! and this! and this!" outrage merchants looking for clicks now that I saw for Anthem, Fallout 76, Mass Effect Andromeda, etc. and it's just absurd to me. We all enjoyed the constant crap with those games because they were so devoid of fun the only laughs to be had were at them, the only fun at their expense. I don't get it as much with genuinely good games. Technically with a genuinely good game there ought to be more desire for fixes so more impetus to point out problems but the usual suspects I speak of aren't looking for that, nothing would make them happier than headlines about things getting worse and the game company folding. They up and stop covering games when they actually improve (No Man's Sky, both Destiny games even Fallout 76 lately) because they know praising something gets less clicks than trashing it. The problem is they control so much of the conversation and the forum becomes a reflection of their attitudes at times. In the dedicated OT for Cyberpunk you'd have no clue the game wasn't loved by people but there's dozens of other threads outside the OT for gloating and laughing at perceived issues, some real, some imagined.

The worst of it for me are the Youtubers who take a problem they had once and recorded and claim that's how the game behaves in general, yes they really do this. Or they just keep repeating to you the issues it had day 1 and can't move on to how it plays now. There's no discussion, everything is inexcusable so either post to agree with us or don't post. I do think some things they did are inexcusable, but... most people do? They're offering refunds at Gamestop on PSN on XBL... they're patching it... like what else is there? What else do people want? Just another opportunity to say "they shouldn't have" great, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom