• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
ban review and erre got nuked from orbit, well as plenty of good users with closures or terminations

rip to the fallen, uncertain what to think about the review closure but moving on from that community is probably best past a point only for the spurious mention

no other comment than to say don't let yourself fall down wayward paths or traps

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned
Tess is back
Dark Souls Gamer GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
eSmVyZ.gif

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Just started my morning shift and I'm training for upper management in my software company. We're talking like 9-11 hour work days and Saturdays. So, I've still got some time to go before I get that one day off.

Peggies

Gold Member
Just started my morning shift and I'm training for upper management in my software company. We're talking like 9-11 hour work days and Saturdays. So, I've still got some time to go before I get that one day off.
I wish you all the best and I hope you make it to upper management, if that's what makes you happy! Just take care of you.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I wish you all the best and I hope you make it to upper management, if that's what makes you happy! Just take care of you.
Thanks, mate. It's intense training. I'm already 35-days in out of 90 and then an audit prior to the transition. The idea is to basically get familiar with handling an average 30 new hire teams and getting them set to go every 3-weeks and balancing all the monitoring programs and data analytics for current employees. It's not that bad. I had my first management position when I was just 19 and that was rough. This is office work but what I did some 14-years ago was managing a group of guys 20 + years older than myself in a Kelloggs freeze drying factory. Worked in a giant freezer for 9 hours and I couldn't feel my fingers after the first 3-months. I am a musician (temporarily retired from that) and remember having to re-learn piano because the cold had damaged my hands from so much exposure. So, yeah...better to be taking on a management position in an office rather than a factory environment.

Peggies

Gold Member
Thanks, mate. It's intense training. I'm already 35-days in out of 90 and then an audit prior to the transition. The idea is to basically get familiar with handling an average 30 new hire teams and getting them set to go every 3-weeks and balancing all the monitoring programs and data analytics for current employees. It's not that bad. I had my first management position when I was just 19 and that was rough. This is office work but what I did some 14-years ago was managing a group of guys 20 + years older than myself in a Kelloggs freeze drying factory. Worked in a giant freezer for 9 hours and I couldn't feel my fingers after the first 3-months. I am a musician (temporarily retired from that) and remember having to re-learn piano because the cold had damaged my hands from so much exposure. So, yeah...better to be taking on a management position in an office rather than a factory environment.
Twitch Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

Seems like you've been working a lot in your life. I hope you get where you want to be finally.

But seriously, "Kelloggs freeze drying factory" is it a real thing or are you fucking with me?

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Twitch Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

Seems like you've been working a lot in your life. I hope you get where you want to be finally.

But seriously, "Kelloggs freeze drying factory" is it really a thing or are you fucking with me?
Yeah, they have several freeze drying factories throughout the U.S. It's mostly strawberries and they end up getting crushed into a powder and shipped off to be used in Special K w/ Berries or in Pop Tarts...even Nutrigrain bars. This was in like 2007. I have worked hard every year of my life, though. I was teaching in a University from 2018-early 2020 and had quit when pandemic restrictions shut the schools down. My department was foreign languages and they did not give remote options for those courses. That's actually what finally got me to join GAF. I was unemployed from April of last year until September.

Guilty_AI

I'm here for the next 6 hours you meatbags.
Great chance to talk about anime then. How long do you think it'll take for governments and biotech companies to invest in producing and developing cat-people? What sorts of social and economical impacts do you think this would have?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom