• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard pick, theres MGSV, Nier Automata, Deus Ex, Half Life, Undertale, some VNs and RPG maker games...
I guess i'll go with Driver San Francisco since i've liked racing games from a young age, and this is easily one of the best racers i've played.

EDIT: Also has one of the most kick-ass soundtracks i've heard

The original Half-Life or Half-Life: Source is one of my favorites too. I love Black Mesa as the setting and the weird aliens. Opposing Force is also really good.

Easily my favorite racing game is MotorStorm: Pacific Rift. I enjoyed setting up custom races and finding the best routes in the different environments. A terrific sequel compared to the original but it bothers me that we may never see a proper sequel or an official remastered collection (including Arctic Edge).

Unless I missed it...
What's your all-time favorite game?
Skies of Arcadia Legends. It was a re-release of the Dreamcast original for GameCube with extra content. Completed it to 100%.

I really enjoyed how you could make discoveries in the overworld and featured airship battles that were strategic and fun.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Hey, EviLore EviLore I couldn’t PM you so I sent a message to the general staff! Would like to know if message was received and the consensus. Thanks!
There must be better places to direct these tag messages to than META. Anyway, hope it's something that can be worked out. Oops! I forgot I'm not supposed to post in here. See ya!

haxan7

Banned
Me posting on neogaf every night then peacefully going to bed

xXOMwmO.jpg

Peggies

Gold Member
Work From Home Friday GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

Something to think about :
Does anybody else find Natasha Romanoff a pretty ridiculous character? She's almost a comic relief and utterly useless.

Peggies

Gold Member
When I read that she had the Soviet super soldier serum in the comics I was like "why in the world would they change that for the MCU?"
My theory is that Scarlett Johansson is a bitch and they wanted to make her look stupid.

I mean, what's her thing except sexually harassing basically all of the Avengers? It's like an inside joke between them.

Thor:" Oh hi Hulk, how're doing, Man?"
Hulk: "OK I guess, just trying to dodge Natasha's Blowjobs."

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
My theory is that Scarlett Johansson is a bitch and they wanted to make her look stupid.

I mean, what's her thing except sexually harassing basically all of the Avengers? It's like an inside joke between them.

She was the same way in the comics, really

Serum or not, she was trained to turn men into monkey brains with her sexuality

Odd concept; you can be attracted to crazy, but you don't have to stick your dick in crazy. Blowjob is just the screen door to the house, man; your opening yourself up to more and more dumb shit if you open the screen to that type of girl

Her dumb fucking facial expressions as that character is something I would complain about; half the time she looks confused on what the fuck she should be doing and just stands like an ME: Andromeda model

BigBooper

I was reading up on the recent game OST topic and didn't want to crap it up, but I don't relate to the love of game soundtracks even a tiny bit. I never have. I think some have good soundtracks, but when the game is over, that's the last time I'll hear it. There's only three I even think of as really memorable. Super Mario Brothers and Way of the Exploding Fist 2 on Commodore 64, and Interstate 76.

bronk

Banned
I was reading up on the recent game OST topic and didn't want to crap it up, but I don't relate to the love of game soundtracks even a tiny bit. I never have. I think some have good soundtracks, but when the game is over, that's the last time I'll hear it. There's only three I even think of as really memorable. Super Mario Brothers and Way of the Exploding Fist 2 on Commodore 64, and Interstate 76.
I mostly have a real connection to retro systems soundtracks. Not sure if that is just nostalgia but yea modern games it never sticks.

I will play Interstate '76 and '82 one day. I always liked the Vigilante 8 games.

BigBooper

I will play Interstate '76 and '82 one day. I always liked the Vigilante 8 games.
I loved I'76. I'd been reading about it for a while, I guess in PCGamer, and had been really wanting it. My family went on a vacation trip right around my birthday and I thought that meant I wouldn't be getting much of a present, so I was especially surprised when I opened my present by the campfire and it was that big glorious PC box of Interstate 76.

It's kinda rough to control, but it's still fun. The atmosphere and story were great. It has a dedicated beatnik poetry button where you can press it at any time except cutscenes and your partner will recite apocalyptic hippie poetry over the CB.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Me posting on neogaf every night then peacefully going to bed

xXOMwmO.jpg

Me lurking through the politics section the past few weeks and realizing that not only do I no longer care since competent governance is back in the White House (boring but beneficial days are here again, baby), but half the thread titles read like Fox News chyrons and most of the posts in those threads are MAGA copium, trapped in a weird political arrested development since November 3rd. *chef's kiss*

Alright

Banned
Me lurking through the politics section the past few weeks and realizing that not only do I no longer care since competent governance is back in the White House (boring but beneficial days are here again, baby), but half the thread titles read like Fox News chyrons and most of the posts in those threads are MAGA copium, trapped in a weird political arrested development since November 3rd. *chef's kiss*
The politics Forum is a lot better now that all of those alt right posters have been banned.

Its a shame that so many far left posters, who were posting so much from November to February, have stopped posting though. That side is really slow, even britgaf has crawled to a halt.

Oh well, the forum is a better place now isn't it?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

I don't listen to game OSTs at all. Like ever. More often than not, I prefer to turn the sound off and play my own music.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I mostly have a real connection to retro systems soundtracks. Not sure if that is just nostalgia but yea modern games it never sticks.
It's not necessarily nostalgia to prefer retro game soundtracks. During the 80's and 90's (especially in Japan), physical release of music for video games, anime, and episodic TV was at a higher demand. The standards were higher for musicians programming early MIDI samples into a video game. Check out the amount of work that was put into concept alone for the original Donkey Kong Country soundtrack. It's pretty easy today to Hans Zimmer up a cheap VG soundtrack based 85% on existing soundtracks. How many times do we hear the Adventure RPG game today with a baroque/Celtic vibe to it? It was more difficult programming and compressing music for cartridge games too. But the result would often be 8-16-bit polyphonic symphony that easily translates to sheet music and piano till this day.

O-N-E

Damn straight.

Boss move.

Sounds like you're....

f43d312073f918a1bc492c090bac7ee1.gif

I'm tossing some salad later today..

6669fac9b6e4535a48ab610c3e5d4da7.gif

tenor.gif

Wow, you plan that stuff out? So organized.

Me lurking through the politics section the past few weeks and realizing that not only do I no longer care since competent governance is back in the White House

tenor.gif

I spent the evening meeting with and talking to some friends. Just feeling really good lately. I hope you are all doing good too!
Thanks, you too! Today I went to a museum with my former co worker! It wasn't too bad, we saw some exhibits and then had lunch and then went our separate ways. The way back home was an adventure itself with all the different commute methods I took to get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom