• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aarbron

Holy shit, I just googled "jelly doughnut"...

Blink 182 Reaction GIF
Lethal Weapon Fuck This Shit GIF

CloudNull

Banned
Anyone have a link to the book reading OT? I watched the thread often before becoming a member but cannot find it no matter what I search.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Anyone have a link to the book reading OT? I watched the thread often before becoming a member but cannot find it no matter what I search.
This one?

CloudNull

Banned
This one?
Yes and thank you. Not sure why the search didn’t pull this. I must have missed it.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Today I called the pharmacy to refill a subscription and the pharmacist said to me "damn, hold on, our computers are acting retarded today."

I wasn't at all offended, but I with today's PC culture, it took me aback. I always assume everyone in any form of health or medical industry is super woke. Even though it's not a word I like to use regularly, something about that made me feel better about society in some weird way. Because of all the times I called the pharmacy, she was definitely the most affable. It stood out how jokey and friendly she was compared to most who are down to business and robotic.

And also I felt good knowing I'm not the one who's going to report her and get her fired, because someone definitely will at some point.

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned
Today I called the pharmacy to refill a subscription and the pharmacist said to me "damn, hold on, our computers are acting retarded today."

I wasn't at all offended, but I with today's PC culture, it took me aback. I always assume everyone in any form of health or medical industry is super woke. Even though it's not a word I like to use regularly, something about that made me feel better about society in some weird way. Because of all the times I called the pharmacy, she was definitely the most affable. It stood out how jokey and friendly she was compared to most who are down to business and robotic.

And also I felt good knowing I'm not the one who's going to report her and get her fired, because someone definitely will at some point.
The woke scam is set up so they have to constantly chase the new terms. She could have been woke and just not figured out that retarded is bad to say and/or she was dumb.

Made me think of a conference call my boss was in yesterday where every time she said "you guys" there was this woman (a 'doctor' of some sort) who would type in chat "$.25" as if she was contributing to some sort of woke swear jar. "We aren't all 'guys' here." Jesus, the world we live in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom