• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choomp

Banned
Casting for MGS1? I can't think of a decent choice for Meryl, Naomi or Solid Snake (I know Christian Bale is right there but... I dunno). The rest of the cast though:

Bryan Cranston as Colonel Campbell
Michael Fassbender as Liquid Snake
Powers Boothe as Revolver Ocelot
Crispin Glover as Psycho Mantis
Dave Batista as Vulcan Raven
Iko Uwais as Gray Fox
Fan Bingbing as Mei Ling
Christina Hendricks as Nastasha Romanenko

Didn't Kojima say he'd want Viggo Mortensen as Snake? Bale could do it well too.

Casting for MGS1? I can't think of a decent choice for Meryl, Naomi or Solid Snake (I know Christian Bale is right there but... I dunno). The rest of the cast though:

Bryan Cranston as Colonel Campbell
Michael Fassbender as Liquid Snake
Powers Boothe as Revolver Ocelot
Crispin Glover as Psycho Mantis
Dave Batista as Vulcan Raven
Iko Uwais as Gray Fox
Fan Bingbing as Mei Ling
Christina Hendricks as Nastasha Romanenko

I think nastasha or Vulcan might not even make it if a live adaptation. Fassbander for ocelot so good.

I love bale but I prefer him to be big boss would be nice to see bale play a villain.

Dawg

Armitage! :p

B6sgnvQCUAAsbp1.png:large

Skullface

I seriously wonder how they're going to pull this off considering so much story exposition was handled via codec. Are they going to show Snake hidden in a corner for 45 minutes of the movie conversing?

JayEH

I seriously wonder how they're going to pull this off considering so much story exposition was handled via codec. Are they going to show Snake hidden in a corner for 45 minutes of the movie conversing?

No need to worry about that since it's never coming out.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Nah, man. It's simple: you switch between locations a la 24 ("Dammit, Colonel!") or Under Seige, crap like that. You got the Miller and Naomi subplots to play for drama at the HQ.

If it does ever come out, it'll be gash. The source material is one long reference to other movies.

PW has conversations at the end of some missions, it might be like that. Miller even does some of that at the end of the GZ side missions.

Choomp

Banned
Oh so he did say Hugh Jackman, huh. That's not a bad choice either. I just want this friggin movie to get going already.

Yes, Armitage really impressed me as Thorin in The Hobbit so I would be down for him playing Snake. Although, we'll probably hate anyone who plays him anyway so I'm not sure it matters.

Skullface

I kind of hope not, because I'm expecting to be dissapointed.

Nah, man. It's simple: you switch between locations a la 24 ("Dammit, Colonel!") or Under Seige, crap like that. You got the Miller and Naomi subplots to play for drama at the HQ.

This could work.

PW has conversations at the end of some missions, it might be like that. Miller even does some of that at the end of the GZ side missions.

I might be wrong, but I got the impression that they're doing MGS1. Since it's one big mission, I'm just not seeing it.

MacNille

Banned
That is me indeed. It's Real Pic January. That's a picture of me and my daughter from a couple years ago. It's a long story, but my ex is a cheating whore. When I found out and confronted her, she filed false charges on me, I got locked up, and she left the state with another guy and my daughter. I'm flying to see her next month. It'll have been close to a year since I've seen her.

Jesus Skullface. I wish you best of luck.

Vally

Fucking Robin Atkin Downes still recording more lines
Robin Atkin Downes @Robin_A_Downes · 7 h
2015...Bring it!
Big week working on #MetalGearSolid and two summer #blockbusters...Wishing everyone a Great 2015! #carpediem

Miller pls, stop

That is me indeed. It's Real Pic January. That's a picture of me and my daughter from a couple years ago. It's a long story, but my ex is a cheating whore. When I found out and confronted her, she filed false charges on me, I got locked up, and she left the state with another guy and my daughter. I'm flying to see her next month. It'll have been close to a year since I've seen her.

I'm sorry to hear that man. I'm not sorry, however, that your gonna get to see lil' skull next month. No child should be kept from their parent. Hope everything is smooth sailing for ya in the future. Diamond Dogs got you breh.

Skullface

I'm sorry to hear that man. I'm not sorry, however, that your gonna get to see lil' skull next month. No child should be kept from their parent. Hope everything is smooth sailing for ya in the future. Diamond Dogs got you breh.

Thanks dude. I really do appreciate it. GAF has been the coolest with this subject, because a; My girlfriend doesn't want to hear about it, and b; Most of my guy friends are all like "What's the problem dude? You're a free man!"

This is the third thread this has come up in, so to avoid looking like an attention whore, a bit of humor:

I'm one big spoiler as to what turned Skull Face into an evil bastard

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

i hope everything turns out alright

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The medic having the same voice as Snake in both English and Japanese versions
is pretty damn suspicious...

That's because the Medic and Ishmael don't exist. They are just hallucination's of Big Boss, neither does the helicopter crash or Paz die. It's all just in Big Boss head. Kid Mantis is probably behind all this.

Skullface

That's because the Medic and Ishmael don't exist. They are just hallucination's of Big Boss, neither does the helicopter crash or Paz die. It's all just in Big Boss head. Kid Mantis is probably behind all this.

I agree with you on Ishmael, but the medic too?

Thanks Xpike.

JayEH

Did Ground Zeroes happen though?

Skullface

Did Ground Zeroes happen though?

Oh God no... Not this.

Well, i don't know but the fact that Paz will be back in TPP made me curious. We'll see, maybe it's just a flashback.

Seriously? I hadn't heard. Any sauce? Not that I don't believe you, I'm just thirsty for info.

Edit: Ground Zeroes, first ever VR mission? That's so on par with the "it was just a dream" dues ex machina

Sn4ke_911

Oh God no... Not this.

Seriously? I hadn't heard. Any sauce? Not that I don't believe you, I'm just thirsty for info.

They played a voice recording of her on the Christmas Kojima station. She said she is back in the voice recording booth.

B5tmD87CQAIv9ol.jpg

You know what I just remembered? Character skins carry over from Ground Zeroes to The Phantom Pain. So, this has me curious as to which characters will be playable. Would be pretty cool to play as Glaz with those badass sunglasses.

Well, i don't know but the fact that Paz will be back in TPP made me curious. We'll see, maybe it's just a flashback.

I think we'll see her in some capacity - a flashback would make the most sense! #TeamD is going to win, aren't they?

JayEH

Oh God no... Not this.

What if at the end TPP turns out to be a simulation that Snake is using to get to know Big Boss more but then it turns out it's actually a simulation that Raiden is in to know Snake better but it's actually a tie in to the Assassin's Creed universe and it's finally revealed that we're playing as Desmond Miles playing as Raiden playing as Snake playing as Gray Fox disguised as Big Boss.

Sn4ke_911

Edit: Ground Zeroes, first ever VR mission? That's so on par with the "it was just a dream" dues ex machina

I mean it's fucking Kojima we're talking about here, if it was any other developer then ok it's all real but for Kojima? hell it could be anything. Nobody can say for sure what will happen or what happened for real.

And this makes me so damn excited for TPP. I'm sure we'll get our heads blown off just how many surprises there are in the game.

Skullface

What if at the end TPP turns out to be a simulation that Snake is using to get to know Big Boss more but then it turns out it's actually a simulation that Raiden is in to know Snake better but it's actually a tie in to the Assassin's Creed and it's finally revealed that we're playing as Desmond Miles playing as Raiden playing as Snake playing as Gray Fox disguised as Big Boss.

Then it turns out Kojima is distributing FoxDie to the masses, because I'll have a simulated heart attack.

I mean it's fucking Kojima we're talking about here, if it was any other developer then ok it's all real but for Kojima? hell it could be anything. Nobody can say for sure what will happen or what happened for real.

And this makes me so damn excited for TPP. I'm sure we'll get our heads blown off just how many surprises there are in the game.

Me too dude. I'm sure what ever turns up, it will more than satisfy my expectations.

Sn4ke_911

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe Paz will just have some more tapes she left for Big Boss detailing Zero's dealings, including Solidus' existance and stuff.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member

Sn4ke_911

Åesop;146287148 said:
True, I mentioned that in one of those old conspiracy threads. You even used my pictures and words (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง haha

Wat? um no i don't think i did? Where did you say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom