• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2014-07-2016_53_22-enxaerd.png

THE HYPE NEVER DIES. CAN'T WASH THIS FUCKING KOJIMA OFF OUR HANDS. LET THE MODS BAN US ALL. IT'S JUST MEANS TO A RELEASE DATE. OUR SALVATION LIES (IN BATZI'S SINS) BEYOND THE TRUTH, LET ME SUFFER NOW!

You guys. This hype train has been unbelievable. BUT IT WILL NEVER DIE! You hear me? NEVER! Even when the game is out and the speculation itself dies down, we still have the most important thing - the game! MGO will always be around, especially thanks to a PC release, so there's no more worrying about being shut down. The base invasions will be incredible. And if co-op is included? Lawd. So, no worries guys! ^_^ BESIDES! Silent Hills!!!!!!! We should start getting some footage (or rather, even an idea of how the game will actually be) in a few months at E3. We'll gather around, and GET HYPE for that! It's a true next-gen game by Hideo Kojima -- that alone is worth a massive hype train.
leuhkiktmk96.gif

Also, for what it's worth, this thread is the best: Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain E3 Full Gameplay Demo [Up: NEW official version!]

WELL SAID BRRRRRROTHER!!!!!

iLmhVETS0m92y.gif

Dawg

THE HYPE NEVER DIES. CAN'T WASH THIS FUCKING KOJIMA OFF OUR HANDS. LET THE MODS BAN US ALL. IT'S JUST MEANS TO A RELEASE DATE. OUR SALVATION LIES (IN BATZI'S SINS) BEYOND THE TRUTH, LET ME SUFFER NOW!

You guys. This hype train has been unbelievable. BUT IT WILL NEVER DIE! You hear me? NEVER! Even when the game is out and the speculation itself dies down, we still have the most important thing - the game! MGO will always be around, especially thanks to a PC release, so there's no more worrying about being shut down. The base invasions will be incredible. And if co-op is included? Lawd. So, no worries guys! ^_^ BESIDES! Silent Hills!!!!!!! We should start getting some footage (or rather, even an idea of how the game will actually be) in a few months at E3. We'll gather around, and GET HYPE for that! It's a true next-gen game by Hideo Kojima -- that alone is worth a massive hype train.
leuhkiktmk96.gif

Also, for what it's worth, this thread is the best: Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain E3 Full Gameplay Demo [Up: NEW official version!]

Well said.

giphy.gif

Sn4ke_911

I remember arguing in that thread and CG dudes jumping on me with their 'evidence', it was quite funny.

To this day I am still shocked how many people legit believed it.

I bet Kojima didn't saw any of this, it's such a goddamn shame. Someone should really show him this thread and translate some stuff for him.

Pinewood

Oh god you guys got me kinda exited for Silent Hills with just this talk of hype trains, and I even haven't played those games.

I've always kinda wanted to play these, but I'm not sure I can handle horror games well. If I do decide to play those though, 1, 2, 3 are the good ones, right?

Golnei

Oh god you guys got me kinda exited for Silent Hills with just this talk of hype trains, and I even haven't played those games.

I've always kinda wanted to play these, but I'm not sure I can handle horror games well. If I do decide to play those though, 1, 2, 3 are the good ones, right?

The first 3 are the most consistent, but I'd argue that Downpour and especially Shattered Memories are still worthy of your attention.

DrKelpo

Banned
ok, so i want a new phone wallpaper and i want the man himself.

brothers, give me the best kojima pictures you got.
...please

WELL SAID BRRRRRROTHER!!!!!

iLmhVETS0m92y.gif

Well said.

giphy.gif

THANK YOU, BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!

GUYS GUYS. SONY SAYS MGSV IS COMING 2015. GET THOSE HYPE TRAINS rollinghttp://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=965579#post146125691
/s

/DEAD But hey, good news for FFXV - I am getting more and more excited for it as the days go by. FFVersusXIII was my most anticipated behind MGS4 back in the day; needless to say, I was disappointed in its cancellation.

A little PW update.

I met
Huey last night and finished my session off with the Pupa battle. The boss was quite interesting (though surprisingly easy to beat). I loved all the mentions of MGS3, the bipedal tanks, Metal Gear and Granin. The photo from MGS3 (I think?)
The noises the AI make are still a little creepy and I hope it get's explained later on.

That is my fondest GAF memory (though I've only been here since early 2013). It was amazing.

This was happening when my account got activated. I was sadly supporting TeamCG.

My avatar at the time >_>

tumblr_nhqymcH6MN1t46pjso1_100.gif

Pinewood

I love the song AI-s repeat. Suprisingly catchy.

Ifound the battles somewhat tedious.

Shoot with launcher->supply drop->repeat

I love the song AI-s repeat. Suprisingly catchy.

I found the battles somewhat tedious.

Shoot with launcher->supply drop->repeat

I didn't find it long enough to be tedious but I certainly see how it could be.

Having to use the supply drop several times is my biggest gripe with the fight.

Akiller

leuhkiktmk96.gif

You Always make me in a good mood Rovu, thank you.
Man, can't forget MGSGAF crazy Twitter talks.

Skullface

A little PW update.

I met
Huey last night and finished my session off with the Pupa battle. The boss was quite interesting (though surprisingly easy to beat). I loved all the mentions of MGS3, the bipedal tanks, Metal Gear and Granin. The photo from MGS3 (I think?)
The noises the AI make are still a little creepy and I hope it get's explained later on.

This was happening when my account got activated. I was sadly supporting TeamCG.

My avatar at the time >_>

tumblr_nhqymcH6MN1t46pjso1_100.gif

Wait until you get to the third AI battle. That's a tough one to figure out with no help.

Edit: You'll need far less supply drops if you use a machine gun/rocket combo

every metal gear game post MGS2 garners these batshit insane hypotheses about who the main character is, whether or not the game worlds shown in trailers are real or the game is VR, time periods, flashbacks, etc etc etc. every last one of them. and not a single one has done any of that. the trailers have shown the main character, the time period, and gave a decent impression of at least what the set-up and theme of the game was.

MGSV will be no different

Sn4ke_911

Troy Baker did a reddit AMA a few hours ago, apparently he couldn't say much about his role as Ocelot. He answered questions like how he got the role and that it was absolutely MINDBOGGLING to work with Kojima, he's an absolute genius, he said.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2rg8q3/i_am_troy_baker_you_might_recognize_my_voice_from/

every metal gear game post MGS2 garners these batshit insane hypotheses about who the main character is, whether or not the game worlds shown in trailers are real or the game is VR, time periods, flashbacks, etc etc etc. every last one of them. and not a single one has done any of that. the trailers have shown the main character, the time period, and gave a decent impression of at least what the set-up and theme of the game was.

MGSV will be no different

The thing is Kojima said in an interview with MGSV he wants to surprise people again just like he did with MGS2.

I want to know what happens to Miller. Fucking limb amputation as torture? The fuck?

I was completely shocked as I noticed his missing limps in the trailers (took me a while, lol). Did it happen at the helicopter crash? did we see his body after that?

Edit: Forget it he wouldn't be that lively in the hospital scene if that was the case.

2nd edit: ohhhh, I made it to full member status! :)

Skullface

I was completely shocked as I noticed his missing limps in the trailers (took me a while, lol). Did it happen at the helicopter crash? did we see his body after that?

Edit: Forget it he wouldn't be that lively in the hospital scene if that was the case.

Congrats dude

I like Miller so far in PW and presumably will continue to like him in MGS5.

I assume it happens during what ever occurs just before the scene at 3:20

edit* He seems to already be missing his leg in this scene, nvm.

Its think it happened while he was held captive in Afghanistan.

Sn4ke_911

In this order i think it will happen.

Quick and dirty screencaps sorry i'm at work.

2015-01-0615_52_14-mgv3svs.png

2015-01-0615_52_34-mg0bsj6.png

2015-01-0615_53_03-mgnmsg9.png

2015-01-0615_53_43-me6jskm.png

Skullface

The biggest MGS V mystery: where did Big Boss get the shrapnel "horn"?
As he falls in his coma he doen't have one at all but as he awakes you can see it under his bandage.
Or does he visit the hospital twice?

I'm assuming the horn is there under the bandage. It could be an early character model, or it could be that his body is slowly expelling the shrapnel. It looks longer in some shots than it does in others.

Edit: He definitely goes to two hospitals. The first hospital is in America or in an American territory. There's no way they go from the Carribean to Cyprus for medical.

Pinewood

"Snake had a hard life"

Yeah, but what about Kaz, the real MVP?

Calling it, Metal Gear spinoff feautring Kaz after the game with the Boss

Skullface

Also, pretty sure Snake has both his arms when he's in the hospital with Kaz, but that doesn't really say much. It could be damaged to the point where the need to amputate it, or infection.

Batzi

Banned
Its think it happened while he was held captive in Afghanistan.
Exactly. Either the torture was the cause or before his capture when his comrades got killed supposedly in an explosion of some sort, Miller got caught in the blast and lost his limbs. If it's the former then man I want to see how they did it.

"I'm gonna make him give back our past!"

Skullface

Exactly. Either the torture was the cause or before his capture when his comrades got killed supposedly in an explosion of some sort, Miller got caught in the blast and lost his limbs. If it's the former then man I want to see how they did it.

"I'm gonna make him give back our past!"

I doubt they'll have any problem showing it in all it's detail. Remember when Kojima said he was afraid Ground Zeroes was too dark to be released? I can only imagine what he's got in store for Phantom Pain.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
"Snake had a hard life"

Yeah, but what about Kaz, the real MVP?

Calling it, Metal Gear spinoff feautring Kaz after the game with the Boss

Well he eventually peacefully retires from active duty to manage FOXHOUND's recruits and then to peacefully enjoy Alaska, until he gets murdered by Liquid and his goons :(

i think the fate of kaz's limbs, like the (re)development of BB's physique will both be estabilished between the hospital rescue and afghanistan kaz rescue. though i wouldn't be surprised if kojima plays with an alinear narrative. i'm actually surprised he hasn't done something like that already

Skullface

This release date business is killer. I really hope it's no later than June :| I'm kind of afraid Kojima knows it'll be holidays 2015 and is holding off the announcement so that November/December doesn't seem as far off as if he were to announce it today.

witness

So I got my little brother Metal Gear Rising for Christmas, and now his birthday is in a few weeks (13) so I'm going to give him the MGS HD collection. I can't wait to hear what a 13 year old thinks of MGS 2 lol. I will get him MGS4 after he goes through all of that. I like to think of this as a grand experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom