• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
DD playable confirmed.

2015-01-0819_51_01-me5oui5.png

So if this is working correctly...There should be a google docs link that you can use to add your PSN/XBL/Steam name.

(Quote to reveal)

I put down my username since i didn't know either. I guess we should add both just in case.

Go to the previous page and towards the bottom you'll see a post from me. You have to quote the post to see it. I don't want to make it public since lurkers might start messing with it.

I see the link but how do I get to it? Should I just be able to click on it?

JayEH

Nevermind, I was reading the thread and shinobi says he counted all the votes by hand. I thought maybe he was using a script or something

He probably couldn't use a script because of variations in game titles. He'd have to account for MGS5 MGSV, Metal Gear Solid V, MGSV: TPP, etc.

I see the link but how do I get to it? Should I just be able to click on it?

You need to copy and paste.

Sn4ke_911

Positive spin: No balls on his face so that means he's probably doing Codec/Tapes!

This will come afterwards :/

Fuck this game im not hype anymore, this shit will never come out.

brau

This will come afterwards :/

Fuck this game im not hype anymore, this shit will never come out.

:(

tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

Just when you are giving up, Kojima will tweet something that will make us go nuts... and so on.. until you know.. the game releases...
hopefully?

Sn4ke_911

Even June is seeming optimistic. I just hope they're done with the facial capture since just recording dialogue is super easy to implement.

I was kidding, I'm pretty sure they are done with the dots thingy, "just" voice recordings but still THE GAME IS NOT FINISHED YET and that worries me. Konami can't even start their marketing shit with world tours and such until KojiPro is done with the game.

Sn4ke_911

:(

tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

Just when you are giving up, Kojima will tweet something that will make us go nuts... and so on.. until you know.. the game releases...
hopefully?

BELIEVE

Sounds like the main script was over a long time ago and that they're recording extras.

Yep, I'm surprised to see Code Talker still doing VA sessions. Looks like that character has more presents in the game that i thought. I seriously can't wait to find out what is going on with this guy.

JayEH

I was kidding, I'm pretty sure they are done with the dots thingy, "just" voice recordings but still THE GAME IS NOT FINISHED YET and that worries me. Konami can't even start their marketing shit with world tours and such until KojiPro is done with the game.

They need to let the media play the game soon. The hype must be spread.

I swear, people say the most baffling things in Gaming:

At one time MGS would have been in my top list but MGS4 and MGS2 told me that Kojima is just as likely to create a shit product as a good one so I gotta be skeptical these days on that coin flip.

No one has to like MGS2. No one has to like MGS4. You simply cannot call them shit games, by any stretch of the imagination - whether you like them or not. Like, when people say this, I'm just like "OK, so tell me what games YOU play, because those must be some damn good games."

Sn4ke_911

Prediction time:

We learn from this guy how to control the weather. Kojima said at TGS at some point in the game we'll get some device (?) to manipulate the weather.

What do you guys think is Code Talker's role?

image_304698_fit_940.jpg

JayEH

No one has to like MGS2. No one has to like MGS4. You simply cannot call them shit games, by any stretch of the imagination - whether you like them or not. Like, when people say this, I'm just like "OK, so tell me what games YOU play, because those must be some damn good games."

Amir0x has been shitting on Metal gear a lot lately. I remember him complaining in the thread about Kojima explaining why Snake isn't bilingual anymore. It was something like: "Why does he need to have an explanation for everything?"

Amir0x has been shitting on Metal gear a lot lately. I remember him complaining in the thread about Kojima explaining why Snake isn't bilingual anymore. It was something like: "Why do he need to have an explanation for everything?"

Yup. You're right! And that shit post about avoiding Quiet because of her appearance, when Kojima has been saying from the jump that it is explained throughout the game's story!! Like, who goes into a game thinking "I'm going to avoid that aspect of the game." I can't stand people like that. Trying to legitimize gaming (by shunning character designs like Quiet's, for example) rather than letting the games speak for themselves.

Batzi

Banned
Prediction time:

We learn from this guy how to control the weather. Kojima said at TGS at some point in the game we'll get some device (?) to manipulate the weather.

What do you guys think is Code Talker's role?

image_304698_fit_940.jpg

He talks in Code. We decipher them to proceed in the game. The deciphering will most likely occur here on GAF like we did with PT. I'm thinking, if Code Talker was a pizza, PT would be a slice.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Amir0x has been shitting on Metal gear a lot lately. I remember him complaining in the thread about Kojima explaining why Snake isn't bilingual anymore. It was something like: "Why does he need to have an explanation for everything?"

Frankly, I agree with that. I like mystery.

Yup. You're right! And that shit post about avoiding Quiet because of her appearance, when Kojima has been saying from the jump that it is explained throughout the game's story!! Like, who goes into a game thinking "I'm going to avoid that aspect of the game." I can't stand people like that. Trying to legitimize gaming (by shunning character designs like Quiet's, for example) rather than letting the games speak for themselves.

Exactly. You can hate the game as much as you want after it comes out.

Even if you don't like mgs2, you have to acknowledge what Kojima achieved.

Eh it's mostly hyperbole. Call me when they have experienced Bubsy first hand on PS1 back in the day when there was little to no internet.

Batzi

Banned
This was the guy who helped Shinobi count the votes for the most anticipated game thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=146544359&postcount=459

Yeah, I'll stop now :p

With all due respect to those who were quoted in that thread but who the hell are they?

One of them said
MGS is one of my all time fav series. I kinda started to drift away from it after PW was kind of mediocre but I'm feeling some of dat old hype coming back. It looks like a ton of fun from both gameplay and story setting wise. I just hope this is the true ''BB turns into a villain'' story that supposedly 3, PO and PW were hyped as ;). The most exciting thing about it is that for as much as they have shown the game I feel like Kojima is going to surprise us somehow.
He thinks PW was mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom