• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinewood

#Team A
leuhkikcskn4ayu7m.gif

Is there a list of all teams? This is MGS-level confusing to me.

tariniel

Wikipedia lists the release date as March 17th for Phantom Pain... is that really true? Does that include PC?

Man, I've been intending to replay the main series games before it came out, but if it's that close I should probably get started already... I'll probably need to emulate MGS1 but I have one of those PS3 HD collections with 2, 3 and the PSP games, and I still have MGS4 in a box somewhere...It's going to take me a while to finish all of them again. Is it worth it?

I had to do that shit alone. The last one made me want to ram the PS3 controller up my asshole until I died due to PS3 controller asshole ramming.

Good lord, Patriot...you really know how to paint a picture. At least lube up first.

Only missing the Gear Rex Strikes back one, planning to just spam Stun Grenades and M. Nagant while using the Naked camo and hope I don't get hit once...

That's basically all you can do against that fucker.

JayEH

Wikipedia lists the release date as March 17th for Phantom Pain... is that really true? Does that include PC?

Man, I've been intending to replay the main series games before it came out, but if it's that close I should probably get started already... I'll probably need to emulate MGS1 but I have one of those PS3 HD collections with 2, 3 and the PSP games, and I still have MGS4 in a box somewhere...It's going to take me a while to finish all of them again. Is it worth it?

1. No release date has been announced.
2. PLAY ALL THE GAMES. You won't regret it.

I hope i can make my base logo this:
leuhkikcskn4ayu7m.gif

I hope so too.

Dawg

Sometimes I dream that Kojima reads this thread before he goes to bed, giving him the strength he needs to continue working on the game.

Batzi

Banned
You should come visit again. Hell, just come live here man. It was great hanging out with someone as passionate about MGS as I am.

I'll come if you promise that you'll gamble with me :p

Last time I was there, I gambled. I played roulette. I lost.

Every night, I can feel that ball, and that wheel, even those numbers. The money I've lost, the chips I've lost, won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past! (Blackjack next time)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Every night, I can feel that ball, and that wheel, even those numbers. The money I've lost, the chips I've lost, won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past! (Blackjack next time)

no strippers?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Alright I'm up for some PW whenever you guys want, would rather help people catch up to GZ and TPP.

Palpable

Good lord, Patriot...you really know how to paint a picture. At least lube up first

That would defeat the purpose though!

Haha yeah we can gamble a bit. I don't do so much simply because I always lose. I'll certainly play blackjack though. Seriously, come visit and/or move here asap.

tariniel

1. No release date has been announced.
2. PLAY ALL THE GAMES. You won't regret it.

So it could potentially be December this year, then? I wanted to replay the games within like a ~3-4 month window of release so it's more fresh, so maybe I should wait until the official release date is announced?

I've already played and finished all of the games years ago (except for the PSP ones), but it's been so long that I forgot a lot of the details of what happened, etc.

JayEH

So it could potentially be December this year, then? I wanted to replay the games within like a ~3-4 month window of release so it's more fresh, so maybe I should wait until the official release date is announced?

Realistically it's looking like June-September. I'm sure you'll have plenty of times to replay the games by the time Konami announces a release date. Historically they've announced release dates ~3 months before launch.

wilsonda

I'm just imagining my Xbox one motherbase all alone not harassed by a single gaf user haha... very anxious to see which platform gets the bigger and better player base ... my assumption is ps4 but we'll see if MGSV can reach a larger Xbox base

JayEH

I'm #TeamB aka #TeamGosling

I'm just imagining my Xbox one motherbase all alone not harassed by a single gaf user haha... very anxious to see which platform gets the bigger and better player base ... my assumption is ps4 but we'll see if MGSV can reach a larger Xbox base

I'll probably end up buying it on Xbone as well so I can harass you and so can Skullface :p

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

itll probably be PS3 or PS4.
Maybe PC eventually since it'll get the Steam sales and modding support.

You know now I'm seriously thinking getting a ps4 just in time for bloodborne.. But that MGS bundle LE ;_;

I'm imagining a gun metal grey ps4 with a diamond dog engraved.. Jesus idk what to do.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
"Metal Gear is Metal Gear." What?

Uncharted looks like Uncharted but shinier, Metal Gear looks like a true gameplay revolution. But Naughty Gods will always come out on top with GAF.

Sn4ke_911

Uncharted looks like Uncharted but shinier, Metal Gear looks like a true gameplay revolution. But Naughty Gods will always come out on top with GAF.

Post this in the other thread, LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD.

Batzi

Banned

Sony fanboys. If MGS was still an exclusive on PS, that list would have been different.

I've only played uncharted 2 and it was fun. I'm sure UC4 will be good in expecting some refinements and that's about it. TLOU on the other hand is superb.

TPP, SFV and FFXV are the games that I want asap!

Sn4ke_911

Waaah this fucking thread i think i'm done. Some people are just too blind to see things.

"Metal Gear is Metal Gear." What?

Yeah. Didn't get that at all. Uncharted 1-3 play the exact same. (UC4 looks good and the additions from TLOU are certainly welcome, to be clear, but...) Every Metal Gear plays completely different from one to the next. Even MGS2 and MGS3, which were released within three years of each other, on the same hardware, couldn't be more different from one another.

Also:

UC4 is a culmination of everything they have done in the past and looks splendid and will undoubtedly have a story that isn't all over the place like Metal Gear.

Because it's on-rails and takes no risks?

JayEH

Sigh. Those type of threads seem to pop up on a weekly basis. Convinced 90% of Gaf hasn't played Metal Gear.

Vally

Guys get on this thread. There is a war happening. This is our fight. We are Diamond Dogs.

...I can't

Love Metal Gear but it simply doesn't deserve to be ranked higher than Uncharted because its coming off of the shady business tactic that was Ground Zeroes. It split fans and is a disgusting practice. ND coming off of TLOU and Left Behind so clearly there is more momentum going for them than Metal Gear.

So basically 'MGSV doesn't deserve to be more anticipated than Uncharted because it has a prologue', how can you even begin to reason with these people? And then he talks about Left Behind as if it wasn't a 2-3 hour game that costs 15€, the very same thing he was calling 'disgusting'. But hey it's Naughty Dog so it's all good.

MGS storyline is straightforward I don understand the complaints.

Yup. People find the tiniest loopholes to try and bolster their arguments against the series' lore.

You can't argue with rationale with irrational people.

Fair enough!

Sigh. Those type of threads seem to pop up on a weekly basis. Convinced 90% of Gaf hasn't played Metal Gear.

Yeah, no doubt. XD

So basically 'MGSV doesn't deserve to be more anticipated than Uncharted because it has a prologue', how can you even begin to reason with these people? And then he talks about Left Behind as if it wasn't a 2-3 hour game that costs 15€, the very same thing he was calling 'disgusting'. But hey it's Naughty Dog so it's all good.

THIS.

JayEH

...I can't

Yeah that post was really...something.

Skullface

...I can't

why-cant-i-hold-all-these-wats.jpg

It is my opinion that Naughty Dog peaked with Crash Bandicoot 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom