• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see.

Another problem I have with the Hayter theory is that it would make one of the biggest "surprises" region exclusive. I find it weird Kojima would go through all this trouble just to give the Western audience an exclusive surprise. The VA didn't change in Japan. When you do a surprise like Raiden in MGS2, it affects everyone.

At the same time, if it were true... Kojima wouldn't change the JP VA. If he would switch both Hayter and Akio Ōtsuka, people would know something is up. The Hayter "asked too much money" argument is plausible, but people would know Kojima is fooling us if he did it with both VAs.

Now, team A assumes we'll see an adult Solid Snake at some point... right? Hayter can't voice a teenager. Even if it would be hilarious. Thing is... that would mean Solid Snake gets a different JP VA. Don't think we'll see Ōtsuka play Big Boss AND Solid Snake in the same game. That didn't happen in MGS4 either. You could argue they'll just use a different JP VA for the Japanese SS and use Hayter for the Western SS, but that just seems... weird to me. Then why didn't Hayter play Big Boss? I mean, unless Kojima is doing a gigantic troll... you'd think SS only appears near the end. That means Hayter would have a far smaller role than the previous games. Why would he have a smaller role all of a sudden?

It just doesn't make sense to me. I have no doubt Kojima is planning some kind of surprise and it wouldn't surprise me if Solid Snake does show up... but it wouldn't surprise me either if he wasn't voiced by Hayter and that Hayter isn't even a part of MGS V.

I see your points, though I feel that the "asking for too much" argument is strange as well since allegedly, Hayter took a pay cut just to make The Twin Snakes happen (I don't know how true this is though). If that's true, I don't see how he would suddenly make demands for a role he apparently cherishes that much.

And as far as it being a regional exclusive, I can see how it can be weird, but also not a huge problem if it does not correlate to Japan.

While I still root for Team A, it won't be surprising if it's not true at all. I want things to be great between Hayter and Kojima since I like them both, and having Solid Snake appear would just be amazing for me personally.

In any case, I'm sure no matter what happens, the game will be amazing regardless.

JayEH

After years of wondering who 'Suzette Mignet' is a few theories reckon it might be Jodi Benson, sorry if this has already been brought up but i wonder what you guys thought?

http://youtu.be/0Q9obhk2llM

I'm still going to say it's Merly's VA. Too many similarities.

Kojima's a hack because Big Boss has a mechanical arm in the 1980's. Glad the guy who said that didn't play Peace Walker, or (apparently) any other Metal Gear title.

That sounds like a YT comment. There's some real shit there where people are like "I won't buy this game because the jeep went out of control because of the horse poop. I need my stealth games to be gritty."

Does anyone know the name of the engine they used for mgs2 and zoe2?

I don't think they named it. It was just a custom engine built.

That sounds like a YT comment. There's some real shit there where people are like "I won't buy this game because the jeep went out of control because of the horse poop. I need my stealth games to be gritty."

/DEAD

Yeah, I remember seeing something like that. A friend/fellow Gaffer messaged me and urged me to start using the Ignore feature. Working out well so far! Added just about everyone in the MGS3 LTTP thread. XD

Pinewood

/DEAD

Yeah, I remember seeing something like that. A friend/fellow Gaffer messaged me and urged me to start using the Ignore feature. Working out well so far! Added just about everyone in the MGS3 LTTP thread. XD

In the not too far future:

LD: Hey a MG thread. Oooh 17 pages.

*This thread has no posts*

LD: What? Stupid servers again and... oh.

this is like a who's-who of 90s movie stars

oh my god

they have never played father and son before right in a movie?

This movie I must watch.

Love Donald. He should have played Jacks father on 24.

hmmm...james cromwell is amazing. that season was just poorly exectued

I see your points, though I feel that the "asking for too much" argument is strange as well since allegedly, Hayter took a pay cut just to make The Twin Snakes happen (I don't know how true this is though). If that's true, I don't see how he would suddenly make demands for a role he apparently cherishes that much.

And as far as it being a regional exclusive, I can see how it can be weird, but also not a huge problem if it does not correlate to Japan.

While I still root for Team A, it won't be surprising if it's not true at all. I want things to be great between Hayter and Kojima since I like them both, and having Solid Snake appear would just be amazing for me personally.

In any case, I'm sure no matter what happens, the game will be amazing regardless.

the "asking too much" argument wasn't even a thing until hayter himself said he thinks that's why he was replaced, so the twin snakes example, while an example of hayter being awfuly generous, doesn't do much in terms of proving the wage-reason wrong. hayter thinks he pushed the envelope too much, to the point where they may have gotten sutherland for a similar amount

JayEH

l1SnHwwpi7ZPN

Dawg

Here's to hoping E3 2015 isn't 90% teases and prototypes like last year.

Ugh. So much hype for E3 2014. What a disappointment. Especially when Bloodborne got leaked early.

Dawg

This might sound like hyperbole

But I've never been more excited about a game release than MGS V. I've known hype before... but not like this. Not just because the game is so ambitious but because this will be the best Big Boss story to date, I feel. Shit is gonna get real.

You feel it too, don't you?

This might sound like hyperbole

But I've never been more excited about a game release than MGS V. I've known hype before... but not like this. Not just because the game is so ambitious but because this will be the best Big Boss story to date, I feel. Shit is gonna get real.

You feel it too, don't you?

Even I cant believe how excited i am for it. Its also weird because mgs4 was my first mgs so i missed out on getting excited for the past iterations.

Chinner

Banned
i'm playing mgs3 for the first time in ages. it's definitely a game that i've become more fond since it's release, but the voice acting is pretty sub-par.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom