• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sokolov and volgin sound really saturday morning cartoony. everytime i hear kuwabara, kuwabara, i cringe. still amazing game top to bottom, but those things stuck out to me.

JayEH

i1SnHwwpi7ZPN.gif

tumblr_lqdff5VGHF1qhv5ilo1_500.gif

I didn't realize he does the motion with his hands until now. Lol

based on GZ and what we've seen of TPP, feels like the translations are more thoughtful and appropriate. something that was missing a little from the post-mgs1/post-blaustein games

JayEH

based on GZ and what we've seen of TPP, feels like the translations are more thoughtful and appropriate. something that was missing a little from the post-mgs1/post-blaustein games

There's actually a few added lines in the Japanese version of GZ that isn't in the english version. Nothing major but it's weird.

TheBoss1

Big 24/Jack Bauer fan but MGS1 Snake>MGS2 Snake=MGSV Snake>MGS3 Snake>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MGS4 Snake>>>>>>>>>>PW Snake

Voice acting specifically.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
MGS3 is definitely the most campy of the games, and that's saying something in a series that had both Liquid Snake and Liquid Ocelot to bless us with their presence.

Rajang

There's actually a few added lines in the Japanese version of GZ that isn't in the english version. Nothing major but it's weird.

There are also alot of extra tapes (5 in total) in the Japanese version of GZ as well. They are about Big Boss and Kaz's first encounter. They are so incredibly cool. It's like an audio book. You can hear them fighting against each other, doing eating competition, cqc and alot more.

I finished PW
Well, I haven't done Chapter 5. but I saw the credits

Fantastic is all I can say. I'm pleased with how the story concludes. There were some great moments at the end
all starting from taking down the helicopter with Heavens Divide playing
. In terms of enjoyment I have to rate PW as my personal top MGS game.

Rajang

So... with Peace Walker.

I already had every unit/team at LV.99, but I have now acquired every weapon and item in the game.

You guys still need help with vehicle battles or s ranking specific missions? I'm still hungry for more PW.

I finished PW

Fantastic is all I can say. I'm pleased with how the story concludes. There were some great moments at the end

I like you.

PW is very underrated.

So... with Peace Walker.

I already had every unit/team at LV.99, but I have now acquired every weapon and item in the game.

You guys still need help with vehicle battles or s ranking specific missions? I'm still hungry for more PW.

I like you.

PW is very underrated.

i would love some help at some point s-ranking vehicle/moster hunter missions and getting some the more quirky trophies :)

JayEH

I finished PW

You don't need to tag Peace Walker. It's an amazing game with so much content (and there's still more to come for you!). Now go for that secret ending!

I finished PW

This is the most refreshing post I've read in a while. I agree. My favorite MGS is a coin-flip between MGS2 and MGSPW (BUT I LOVE THEM ALL, EQUALLY). Excellent game.

2014-07-2016_53_22-enxaerd.png

Rajang

This is the most refreshing post I've read in a while. I agree. My favorite MGS is a coin-flip between MGS2 and MGSPW (BUT I LOVE THEM ALL, EQUALLY). Excellent game.

2014-07-2016_53_22-enxaerd.png

<3

My #1 is MGS1/MGS2 coinflip
#2 its MGS PW

But in terms of fun PW is my favorite. MGS1/MGS2 have the best story for me.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I'm up for some PW right now, let's do it.

Also, Lollipop after getting real ending, go to youtube to see the
real briefing tape
, if you don't want to finish all the 128 Extra Ops

JayEH

I would play PW with you guys but I really want to beat FF13 right now D:

no idea, i assumed it was some silly EU vs. US account shit like MGS:pO, which i have yet to play because it's not available on the US store for some stupid reason!

There's some work arounds to get Peace Walker on Vita IIRC. Not sure how it would work with the TV though.

Choomp

Banned
Ocelot is awesome in MGS3.
Especially when he kept showing up during the end, I remember laughing a lot first time around. That Russian Roulette.

As for PW I don't seem to like it as much as you guys. It was a good game but I don't think I'd put it in my top 3 MGS games.

I would play PW with you guys but I really want to beat FF13 right now D:

There's some work arounds to get Peace Walker on Vita IIRC. Not sure how it would work with the TV though.

PW works fine on vita without any trickery, i was just wondering if pstv required any or it just worked if you had it already on your MC

Ah, I see.

Wait, no I don't. What are you getting at?

Yeah wouldn't that imply he likes Platinum more than Kojima?
I'm confused lol.

K .bad example. Let me put it this way: people have argued to the ends of the earth that Rising fits within the spectrum of metal gear because of the wackiness of the series. But to ME, those are two different ,entirely different, flavors of ice cream.

What I was inferring with the tarantino quip was in regards to platinms grindhousy philosophy. What I should have made reference to was Robert Rodriguez because that's honestly what it FEELS like. Tarantino is to kojima what Robert Rodriguez is to platinum.

As an artist, there is a fine line you walk when it comes to wearing your influences on your sleeve. So here we have a guy who's clearly got a thing for john carpenter but he definitely puts his own spin on it/ has his own voice. Then you have this group of dudes who are like " uh.......I think it could use a couple more cock chainsaws."

There's poop jokes and cardboard boxes and then there are half nekkid witches who catwalk around in gun stilleto's.

The way people here feel about the twin snakes is the way I feel about Rising.

o/ I would join you guys but it's past 1am. Early morning etc. [Got to get that early start on unlock in chapter 5].

Besides that, with the extra ops and the co-op stuff to still check out. I'm looking to spend quite a nice ones time with PW. And then onto GZ.

SJRB

Gold Member
MGS2 Ocelot is best Ocelot, I don't give a fuck.

Cutscene atop Arsenal Gear where he talks shit to Solidus and especially Fortune is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in a videogame.

edit fuck it I'm going to watch that cutscene again right now

Rajang

Cutscene atop Arsenal Gear where he talks shit to Solidus and especially Fortune is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in a videogame.

I agree.

MGS2's Ocelot is the most bad ass. But Young Ocelot is the most entertaning in a very campy/funny way.

MGS2 Ocelot also has such amazing VA. Patric Zimmerman's delivery in that game was so incredibly good.. His speech during the ending of the tanker mission and on top of Arsenal Gear is the stuff of legends.

J.EM1

MGS2 Ocelot also has such amazing VA. Patric Zimmerman's delivery in that game was so incredibly good..
Excellent speech my friend! Gift of the silver tongue. They say it's the mark of a good officer... and of a liar! Americans are too in love with the sound of their own voice to speak the truth!

Soo good.

Excellent speech my friend! Gift of the silver tongue. They say it's the mark of a good officer... and of a liar! Americans are too in love with the sound of their own voice to speak the truth!

Soo good.

I literally quoted this out loud to myself inadvertently the other day.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

and when liquid hijacks him, that's the greatest villian introduction ive seen in media
BROTHERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom