• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vally

If we don't know the date after the Taipei event I don't think there's much chance it will come out before June, but until then I still believe in V/V/201V

TheBoss1

If we don't get a release date between this upcoming event and GDC, I'd bet this game comes out holiday 2015
T_T

What if someone from the development team by accident deleted the master files and Kojima just so happens to forget to make a back up of everything, what will the reaction of everyone be?

What if someone from the development team by accident deleted the master files and Kojima just so happens to forget to make a back up of everything, what will the reaction of everyone be?

crazy-snakegiksw.gif

Cifer

Banned
Hello guys. I'd like to know if there's any date, to look forward to for any new information about the game. Like a trailer or something.

Hello guys. I'd like to know if there's any date, to look forward to for any new information about the game. Like a trailer or something.

Welcome! The next bit of significant information is likely to arrive January 31 at the Taipei Game Show, in which Hideo Kojima will be presenting METAL GEAR SOLID V. The presentation is an hour long!

Also, Kojima Station (Episode 32) airs one week from today. January 22nd at 6 AM EST. There may be some new info there, but I wouldn't expect anything more than a teaser of what's to come at Taipei Game Show 2015!

Cifer

Banned
There will possibly be a new trailer/info on the 31st at Tapei Game Show.

Welcome! The next bit of significant information is likely to arrive January 31 at the Taipei Game Show, in which Hideo Kojima will be presenting METAL GEAR SOLID V. The presentation is an hour long!

Also, Kojima Station (Episode 32) airs one week from today. January 22nd at 6 AM EST. There may be some new info there, but I wouldn't expect anything more than a teaser of what's to come at Taipei Game Show 2015!

Much appreciated.

Ground Zeroes better end up in the GAF top 10.

Voting has ended now. It's happening.

I think we have another day of voting. At least I hope so. I haven't voted yet. Have you guys all put it on your number one? It is fairly short even if I did get 27 hours or so out of it so it doesn't beat out the nemesis system for me but it's definitely either my number 2 or 3.

Ground Zeroes better end up in the GAF top 10.

Voting has ended now. It's happening.

Shame, I missed the voting. Anyways, my top 10 would be

• Bayonetta 2
  • The Evil Within
  • Shovel Knight
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  • Far Cry 4
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • MGS: Ground Zeroes

Persona > MGS

leuhkikcskn4.gif

You gonna avatar quote me, mate?
leuhkikcskn4.gif

I think we have another day of voting. At least I hope so. I haven't voted yet. Have you guys all put it on your number one? It is fairly short even if I did get 27 hours or so out of it so it doesn't beat out the nemesis system for me but it's definitely either my number 2 or 3.

I did!

Due to issues with my Vita, I've had to put Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair and Freedom Wars on hold. However, due to my recently acquiring a PS TV, I have gotten back to work - these two would have, for sure, made the list, if I would have been able to complete them! Diablo III: RoS, Tomb Raider: DE, and Watch Dogs were all very enjoyable for me. Didn't feel strongly enough about any of them to add them to the list, though.

JayEH

Not strong enough, if the Most Anticipated thread is anything to go by!
leuhkikcskn4.gif
We already concluded it was rigged.

I put it number 3.

So you're saying that if I manage to fulton Kojima, I get to play the game early?

You have to perform surgery without anesthetic on him due to complications.

I'll stop now.

You gonna avatar quote me, mate?
leuhkikcskn4.gif

I did!

Due to issues with my Vita, I've had to put Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair and Freedom Wars on hold. However, due to my recently acquiring a PS TV, I have gotten back to work - these two would have, for sure, made the list, if I would have been able to complete them! Diablo III: RoS, Tomb Raider: DE, and Watch Dogs were all very enjoyable for me. Didn't feel strongly enough about any of them to add them to the list, though.

Always enjoy your enthusiastic posts about Metal Gear, Love. Just like your Phantom Pain post in the anticipated games thread which I think I already mentioned enjoying.

We already concluded it was rigged.

Ah, you're right! Paging Sn4ke_911!!
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Always enjoy your enthusiastic posts about Metal Gear, Love. Just like your Phantom Pain post in the anticipated games thread which I think I already mentioned enjoying.

Thank you, mate! Appreciate it!! ^_^

Oh yeah guys, there is another day of voting.

My bad, yo.

bad%20dog.gif

Everyone VOTE NOW. Don't be like Chinner and forget to.

GET ON IT, PEOPLE!!!!

Dawg

I didn't put it on number one because this year gave me games like The Last Of Us: Remastered (never played the PS3 version), Dragon Age: Inquisition and Wolfenstein: The New Order.

And no matter how much I liked Ground Zeroes, the above games offer a FULL experience. I don't like to call Ground Zeroes a demo, but it's not enough to end up on my #1. I did like it a lot, so it ended up on the fourth spot.

My explanation isn't as long as LD's, but it perfectly sums up why I think the game deserves a mention in the GOTY top 10.

Batzi

Banned
If we don't know the date after the Taipei event I don't think there's much chance it will come out before June, but until then I still believe in V/V/201V
According to Kojima, development of MGSV entered the "main part". Sounds like they're delaying the release date they originally planned. I expect the game to come out late 2015.

According to Kojima, development of MGSV entered the "main part". Sounds like they're delaying the release date they originally planned. I expect the game to come out late 2015.

Dat Kojima assistant translation. It doesn't sound like they've hit any major snags in the development, thank God. I think that was just one of those typical "lost in translation" tweets.

Just announce a damn release date so I can pre order the CE already.

Ground Zeroes was my number 6 GOTY pick. The only reason it didn't crack the top 5 for me was because it didn't totally feel like a standalone thing. But fuck man, I still can't believe how much I played and enjoyed it. It's deceptively large in terms of content, and the gameplay is just sublime. Open world done right.

Yong Yea:
At long last, the MGO3 analysis is finished! It's rendering right now, and it'll be up by tomorrow morning. Be sure to put aside 55 minutes, this is gonna be a long one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom