• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

Some people put some work in their GOTY list. Like unnecessary amounts of work with custom stuff they've made in photoshop.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
xm3SN9U.png

rejoice #TeamA brothers

Rajang

I've been replaying alot of GZ lately and I'm trying to improve my time on each mission while getting S rank. I looked at different strats on YouTube and I found this great speedrun of the main mission in GZ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDQEFMxyfhs

Hard mode, without bullshit Reflex Mode, no kills or alerts. Time:
5:44
. Unlike those other 4 minute speedruns which abuse Reflex Mode, this actually takes alot of skill.

Here is another from the same guy with the Regenade Threat mission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfoPAIybQXo Time:
1:27

I copied his tactic from the Renegade Mission to improve my own time. I kind of suck (because analogue sticks on my PS3 are dying) so my fastest is 2:56. My fastest S rank is 2:17 on Deja Vu mission, but I use the Gray Fox skin (which has higher movement speed just like Raiden).

Chinner

Banned
I've been replaying alot of GZ lately and I'm trying to improve my time on each mission while getting S rank. I looked at different strats on YouTube and I found this great speedrun of the main mission in GZ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDQEFMxyfhs

Hard mode, without bullshit Reflex Mode, no kills or alerts. Time:
5:44
. Unlike those other 4 minute speedruns which abuse Reflex Mode, this actually takes alot of skill.

Here is another from the same guy with the Regenade Threat mission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfoPAIybQXo Time:
1:27

I copied his tactic from the Renegade Mission to improve my own time. I kind of suck (because analogue sticks on my PS3 are dying) so my fastest is 2:56. My fastest S rank is 2:17 on Deja Vu mission, but I use the Gray Fox skin (which has higher movement speed just like Raiden).

It depends what you want to get out of your speedrun. I'm a little inconsistent with my speedruns, but they're always on hard mode with no reflex at least haha.

My run of Deja Vu is 0:58 seconds, with no kills or alerts. It's only an A ranking though, because you only need to recreate one scene for you to 'complete' the mission. If you don't even care about alerts, you can finish this mission in about 48 seconds!

On Destroy the Anti-Air emplacements mission, my fastest run is 1:58, but I did kill and trigger an alert. I reckon a stealth run would probably be around the 2:30 mark.

Speedrunning in this game is pretty addictive!

p.s. i voted in the goty thread. mgs #1

Rajang

I only count S ranks, with no kills/alerts. Like in true Big Boss rank fashion.

:>

And no bullshit Reflex Mode obviously. Players' scores should be more penalized for using it, imo. It's just so overpowered and let even retards think they are skilled players.

Chinner

Banned
A speedrun is a speedrun brah. Have you played mgs, big boss is like the opposite of sneaky.

Anyway, yeah the scoring system is to forgiving, it's pretty easy to get a S ranking.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I only count S ranks, with no kills/alerts. Like in true Big Boss rank fashion.

:>

And no bullshit Reflex Mode obviously. Players' scores should be more penalized for using it, imo. It's just so overpowered and let even retards think they are skilled players.

It looks cool as all hell though.

Rajang

A speedrun is a speedrun brah. Have you played mgs, big boss is like the opposite of sneaky.

Anyway, yeah the scoring system is to forgiving, it's pretty easy to get a S ranking.

I said in Big Boss rank fashion. You only get BB rank with 0 kills/alerts and within a certain amount of time. And how is BB not stealthy? There is a reason in almost every MGS game the highest rank is dedicated to him for remaining unseen, killing no one and finishing the game quickly.

Wow those tweets with Hayter and the Solid Snake coffee cup at a VO recording session...

No fucking way is it happening?

It's totally happening right?

http://www.aoni.co.jp/

弊社所属俳優 大塚周夫 儀 (85歳)が、平成27年1月15日 虚血性心不全の為 永眠いたしました。

Voice-actor, Chikao Otsuka, has passed away on the 15th of January due to heart failure. He was 85 years old. Father of Akio Otsuka.

Voice Role : Big Boss (MGS4)

THurirX.jpg

Skullface

Voice-actor, Chikao Otsuka, has passed away on the 15th of January due to heart failure. He was 85 years old. Father of Akio Otsuka.

THurirX.jpg

Terribly sad news. Prayers for his family.

brau

I'd like to think it's a running joke, but it isn't.

I just don't get it. It has been repeated to the ground how Hayter will be in... but everything they had said, interviews and what not, point that he is not in. I dunn get it.

Just like you i'd like to think its an inside joke... but people get pretty personal about it as well haha. Anything that shows a hint of MGS art of Solid... everyone jumps to Hayter.

I just don't get it. It has been repeated to the ground how Hayter will be in... but everything they had said, interviews and what not, point that he is not in. I dunn get it.

Just like you i'd like to think its an inside joke... but people get pretty personal about it as well haha. Anything that shows a hint of MGS art of Solid... everyone jumps to Hayter.

if hayter and others were silent, cheeky, or cryptic about MGSV vo and the change to kiefer i could see the argument for hayter being in as a fun kojima surprise for fans. but they haven't been at all, everyone involved has been very candid about it. hayter has been extremely open about it. the idea that he would not only lie, but come up with excuses and talk about how much konami pays voice actors, and speak off the cuff about it etc etc is just silly

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

THurirX.jpg

Oh man, that's terrible.

Stay strong Snake.

Pinewood

Wait, what? What snow level?

You know, the one they haven't announced yet
leuhkikcskn4.gif

They showed sound effects for snow in a Japanese video game music video posted a couple pages back. It might just be for the Deja Vu mission (Im not sure if there is snow) but my bets are on a third environment.

My predictions/hopes for locations in TPP:
Afganistan (given)
Africa (given)
Snow, maybe Urals or Alpes?
Something urban
Prague again?
Forest+meadows

You know, the one they haven't announced yet
leuhkikcskn4.gif

They showed sound effects for snow in a Japanese video game music video posted a couple pages back. It might just be for the Deja Vu mission (Im not sure if there is snow) but my bets are on a third environment.

My predictions/hopes for locations in TPP:
Afganistan (given)
Africa (given)
Snow, maybe Urals or Alpes?
Something urban
Prague again?
Forest+meadows

I think that was the Foley guy giving steph juice an example of how they make sound effects for the games they've worked on in general. Not tpp specifically. As you I recall in that vid, he blew into a tube creating the moo sound effect for the gekko in mgs4. The snow sound effect was most likely for it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom