• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

http://www.aoni.co.jp/

弊社所属俳優 大塚周夫 儀 (85歳)が、平成27年1月15日 虚血性心不全の為 永眠いたしました。

Voice-actor, Chikao Otsuka, has passed away on the 15th of January due to heart failure. He was 85 years old. Father of Akio Otsuka.

Voice Role : Big Boss (MGS4)

THurirX.jpg

RIP. Great voice of Big Boss. So cool they were actually able to get Akio's dad to play Big Boss.

if hayter and others were silent, cheeky, or cryptic about MGSV vo and the change to kiefer i could see the argument for hayter being in as a fun kojima surprise for fans. but they haven't been at all, everyone involved has been very candid about it. hayter has been extremely open about it. the idea that he would not only lie, but come up with excuses and talk about how much konami pays voice actors, and speak off the cuff about it etc etc is just silly

I just found out recently that Konami has a sketchy history with voice actors concerning the Silent Hill series so Hayter's explanation makes more and more sense.

brau

I just found out recently that Konami has a sketchy history with voice actors concerning the Silent Hill series so Hayter's explanation makes more and more sense.

You talking about the whole HD mess? Tons of sketchy stuff going on with their voice actors after that.

JayEH

You talking about the whole HD mess? Tons of sketchy stuff going on with their voice actors after that.

Yeah so after learning that I could totally see Konami giving Hayter the boot and looking for someone with more name recognition for the same price.

brau

Yeah so after learning that I could totally see Konami giving Hayter the boot and looking for someone with more name recognition for the same price.

I really do think its because of pricing probly, at least here in the US. I wonder how it is for Japan since they are still using the same Voice Actors.

Anything worth reporting from that Yong Yea video?
I skipped through and saw the SSS thing, which I hadn't spotted before. I think in Ground Zeroes the Zs are meant to start disappearing before they wake up but it doesn't always work (correct me if I'm wrong)
They might have added the same for the Stun state to replace the old spinning stars disappearing.

You know, the one they haven't announced yet
leuhkikcskn4.gif

They showed sound effects for snow in a Japanese video game music video posted a couple pages back. It might just be for the Deja Vu mission (Im not sure if there is snow) but my bets are on a third environment.

My predictions/hopes for locations in TPP:
Afganistan (given)
Africa (given)
Snow, maybe Urals or Alpes?
Something urban
Prague again?
Forest+meadows

I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but the previous games had 5 areas each, so there could be a few more if they've been holding them back from view.

JayEH

Anything worth reporting from that Yong Yea video?
I skipped through and saw the SSS thing, which I hadn't spotted before. I think in Ground Zeroes the Zs are meant to start disappearing before they wake up but it doesn't always work (correct me if I'm wrong)
They might have added the same for the Stun state to replace the old spinning stars disappearing.

Looks like there is 3 different classes with unique armor sets.

Batzi

Banned
You know, the one they haven't announced yet
leuhkikcskn4.gif

They showed sound effects for snow in a Japanese video game music video posted a couple pages back. It might just be for the Deja Vu mission (Im not sure if there is snow) but my bets are on a third environment.

My predictions/hopes for locations in TPP:
Afganistan (given)
Africa (given)
Snow, maybe Urals or Alpes?
Something urban
Prague again?
Forest+meadows

Cyprus has been confirmed too.

Pinewood

I only need a snow level so I can do James Bond-esque ski chases. BB in a winter jumpsuit...
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Seems that I've been promoted to member status. Would have never happened without
shit
posting in this thread. Thanks, BRROTHERRSS!

Voice-actor, Chikao Otsuka, has passed away on the 15th of January due to heart failure. He was 85 years old. Father of Akio Otsuka.

Rest in Peace Chikao Otsuka. You will be greatly missed. My heart goes out to Akio Otsuka and all of his family at this time of bereavement. May Chikao's passing not weigh too heavy on their hearts and may it ease them into remembering the good times spent with him.

brau

I wouldn't bother, you've seen the first ten minutes you've seen it all, its an hour long discussion about outfits haha

Bummer. Usually there is something interesting in his videos that justify me watching them. But i guess he is just grasping around for more info. The MGO trailer was pretty self explanatory.

brau

Am I the only one that feels nothing but apathy towards the online elements of this game?

Anything specific?

I think it would be really fun! specially with the new animation system Fox Engine has. After playing tons of GZ, i know that gunning and running around is fluid and seamless. Having that in Online should be awesome.

JayEH

That was like the most useful thing he said. And that was 2 min in. Then he went on about clothes and camo forever.

Yeah he spent too much time on it. I was over 10 mins in and he was still talking about it You don't have to stop everytime you see a character and talk about the gear they're wearing.

Skullface

Anything specific?

I think it would be really fun! specially with the new animation system Fox Engine has. After playing tons of GZ, i know that gunning and running around is fluid and seamless. Having that in Online should be awesome.

I just never liked the other MGOs. It's not what I look for in Metal Gear games. To me, it's something that I'll probably play a few times and put down. I can't get excited for MGO or base infiltration.

brau

I just never liked the other MGOs. It's not what I look for in Metal Gear games. To me, it's something that I'll probably play a few times and put down. I can't get excited for MGO or base infiltration.

I am sure the experience will be different if you are looking for a third person run and gun. With gadgets and stuff. I think it has a lot of potential.

I vehemently agree. The online component to Metal Gear never appealed to me. In part, it's because I'm not really an online gamer. I've only enjoyed games for whatever single-player experience they've had to offer.

MGO1 and 2 were pretty fun MP experiences with some cool, unique elements. i played each for a couple of weeks. i tend to play 90%:10% as a whole SP:MP anyway though. the new MGO looks pretty awesome, and i think the new GZ/TPP gameplay and mechanics will translate really really well to a MP experience.

base invasion sounds even better because it's PvE and PvP with a more traditional MGS approach

Skullface

I am sure the experience will be different if you are looking for a third person run and gun. With gadgets and stuff. I think it has a lot of potential.

I'm sure it will be enjoyable, but what it comes down to is it's still the same old online multiplayer modes that I've been playing since Halo:CE, with a slight twist.

I vehemently agree. The online component to Metal Gear never appealed to me. In part, it's because I'm not really an online gamer. I've only enjoyed games for whatever single-player experience they've had to offer.

The way I see it is that the multiplayer mode is potentially delaying me from playing this gorgeous game. I don't really care for multiplayer outside of Halo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom