• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

I'm done after this but MGS2 still the goat.
metal-gear-solid-2-locker-2.jpg

How??? wha??? WHAT!???

MGS3 is GOAT!!!! that ending??? tears!!!!

Like i said i love em all, manly tears were shed. However, i guess i like the solid snake setting more and i love the bro dynamic between Otacon and Solid snake. Big Boss is cool in my book and his relationship with Kaz is pretty cool as well but their relationship at times comes across as " an interest to get what i want" type of relationship, no sleep will be lost by big boss or kaz if they parted ways imo. Thus, the backstabbing in the big boss saga is insane.

While Solid and Otacon believed in the same thing and fought together. That's why i wouldn't had mind the original MGS4 ending in which they were executed, literally brothers to the end.

Chinner

Banned
this is how i think the announcement will go next week

Today I come to stage knowing that you are hugely anticipating the launch of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. I would like to share to you today an announcement...

MGSGAF
6YjYyLG.jpg

I would like to announce today that we will be taking pre-orders for Big Boss love pillows, to be released on 05/05/2015.

lgfe0AU.jpg

MGS GAF:
6YjYyLG.jpg

Batzi

Banned
Kojima Productions' Facebook page just posted:

映画コーナー 「2014年ベスト10」 発表ほか - 1月22日(木) 20:00 「コジマ・ステーション」 第32回

第32回は、『MGSV:TPP』 の制作が進む小島プロダクション内にカメラが入り、制作現場の様子を、ほんの少しだけ お届けします。 また、小島監督が話題の映画を紹介する「映画コーナー」 では、KADOKAWA の 矢野健二さん をむかえ、2014年劇場公開の映画から各々のべスト10を発表します。どうぞお見逃しなく。

▼ コジマ・ステーション(コジステ)

Seems at we are getting a small look at the advances in TPP's production!
Gain of salt.
MGS3 is incredibly overrated in my eyes.

euuuuuuuuh what?

Skullface

I stand by my statement about MGS3. The cheese was cranked from 8(MGS2) to 11, too many superfluous characters, and they made Big Boss look like a tactless bafoon... I don't know. I still love the game, but it feels off, even when compared to Peace Walker.

brau

I stand by my statement about MGS3. The cheese was cranked from 8(MGS2) to 11, too many superfluous characters, and they made Big Boss look like a tactless bafoon... I don't know. I still love the game, but it feels off, even when compared to Peace Walker.

So BB lost his eye for nothing??

:'( even the patriots shed a tear after that.

Skullface

So BB lost his eye for nothing??

:'( even the patriots shed a tear after that.

That's another thing! The way he lost his eye was very anti climactic. The one thing they did right with that was using his loss of an eye as a means of revealing who you were really playing as. That was awesome.

brau

That's another thing! The way he lost his eye was very anti climactic. The one thing they did right with that was using his loss of an eye as a means of revealing who you were really playing as. That was awesome.

I went nuts. it was OMG that is BB! OH NOEZ!!!! HIS EYE!!!

i am hoping TPP will be a lot better. Specially with the new direction of the writing. With less words and more emphasis on the delivery. I think it makes a big difference.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Naked Snake was a rookie and thus acted more naive. Shinkawa stated he had no difficulties in designing Naked Snake as it was basically a revised version of Solid Snake.

boothisman.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom