• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll join the Hype Rex.

You're aboard the Hype Rex!

ukqhxtf3.png

I made your avatar transparent, to make it fit better on Rex, if you want that, you can have it.
owkjwzkk.png

I am bored. I am putting you all one the Hype Rex now, so I have something to do. And if there's not enough space. Well, I also have a Hype Ray! It might not only be for the Taipei Game Show, but any Metal Gear Hype situation.

JayEH

C'mon we need others on the hype Rex! (there will probably be more believers in Gaming once we get closer to the 31st)

You're aboard the Hype Rex!

ukqhxtf3.png

I made your avatar transparent, to make it fit better on Rex, if you want that, you can have it.
owkjwzkk.png

Thanks. I think I'll use it.

jakomocha

Hmmm. No idea what to do about that. Never got that far in the Vita version. Have you tried maybe mapping multiple buttons to the same thing?
Yup, I even just mapped triangle, square, circle, and X all to circle and I still didn't make it. If possible, I will transfer my save data to my PS3 and see if I'm any better on a DS3 or one of the third party controllers I own. Maybe I'm just a really bad button masher, but I feel like I'm pressing very fast :/.

Opto

Banned
Taipei won't give us anything.

GDC will just be technical exploration of the Fox engine. Has a AAA game release date ever been revealed at GDC?

JayEH

Taipei won't give us anything.

GDC will just be technical exploration of the Fox engine. Has a AAA game release date ever been revealed at GDC?

My guess is:

Taipei: New gameplay or feature announced.
GDC: Tease from Kojima
Pax East (which I think starts the same day that GDC ends): Playable on floor and release date announced

yup, MGSV.

He said release date not announcement.

Yup, I even just mapped triangle, square, circle, and X all to circle and I still didn't make it. If possible, I will transfer my save data to my PS3 and see if I'm any better on a DS3 or one of the third party controllers I own. Maybe I'm just a really bad button masher, but I feel like I'm pressing very fast :/.

Yeah sorry about that. I imagine it really sucks to hammer buttons on the Vita. DS3 will definitely make it easier but you'll still get a workout from it lol.

Pinewood

Can you map a touch button for it? Hammer away with multiple fingers

Or Git Gud

jakomocha

Yeah sorry about that. I imagine it really sucks to hammer buttons on the Vita. DS3 will definitely make it easier but you'll still get a workout from it lol.
Yeah, lol. Hopefully I can transfer my save back from PS3 to Vita afterwords, because the game works surprisingly well on Vita. About how far through the game am I?
Can you map a touch button for it? Hammer away with multiple fingers

Or Git Gud
Tried map touch to it, that (bizzarely enough) was more difficult for me than pressing the buttons. I only tried it once though, maybe I need to give that another shot.

JayEH

Yeah, lol. Hopefully I can transfer my save back from PS3 to Vita afterwords, because the game works surprisingly well on Vita. About how far through the game am I?

Tried map touch to it, that (bizzarely enough) was more difficult for me than pressing the buttons. I only tried it once though, maybe I need to give that another shot.

You're probably more than half way through.

Shy

Stefanie > Donna Burke > Hai lady

CHEEZMO™;148560266 said:
Solidus is the best Snake.
^^^^ these posts = truth.

speaking of solidus. here a good video talking about his character and motivations.
( i know it's been posted in the past. but it's very good.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbQevlwcL1k

Going to add you.
thank you brother.

-----------------------------------------

as for the MGS 2 VS 3 debate.
i think 2 is better from a thematic perspective, but 3 has better gameplay.

Guys...I'm just thinking about how fucking smooth GZ controls, and all the great features from PW that are being added and expanded upon in TPP, and the story craziness that is bound to happen...and it's really only now hitting me and sinking in that not only are we going to get a new Metal Gear Solid this year (please God/Kojima), but it has a very good chance of being the best one, at least from a gameplay standpoint. Like what the hell, I've always been hyped for it but only right now is it fully sinking in how good this is going to be.

My only wish right now is that Kojima delivers the goods in terms of boss fights in an open world. I want a boss fight akin to The End but instead of three decently large areas linked together, it's set in all of this game's rendition of Afghanistan (or one big ass valley or whatnot).

Shy and RoyalDuke added. I won't update these images quickly anymore. So anyone who wants to be added on Rex or Ray, I'll gather as much people together as possible and then update it in a few hours.

n4kc3ugo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom