• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
OK, guys, I've got some hard-hitting questions for Outer GAF.

1. Will we see a emblem-based ranking system make a return ala MGS4/MGSPW?
2. How will you play the game when you play through for the first time?
3. What maps do you expect to make a return in Metal Gear Online 3?

1. Probably, hopefully less annoying than PW's.
2. No reflex, Normal, just chilling and doing things how I want. Offline mode too.
3. Hopefully Groznyj Grad is back.

Opto

Banned
I wonder how they're addressing enemy pop-in for TPP. It's kinda weird in GZ when you zoom in across the map and a soldier just fades into existence.

NCell

I wonder how they're addressing enemy pop-in for TPP. It's kinda weird in GZ when you zoom in across the map and a soldier just fades into existence.

It will remain I bet, the engine works the same either it is on PS3, PS4 or PC and I think that the numbers of enemies at the same time on screen is locked to what the PS3 can hold.

Diamond Dawgs.

I honestly think that's the best one.

Didn't expect anything else from you.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

OK, guys, I've got some hard-hitting questions for Outer GAF.

1. Will we see a emblem-based ranking system make a return ala MGS4/MGSPW?
2. How will you play the game when you play through for the first time?
3. What maps do you expect to make a return in Metal Gear Online 3?
All right LD, I guess I'll play your little game.

1. Yes we will, but is the top rank going to be 'Big Boss', or 'The Boss'?

2. Normal difficulty, reflex mode off. I will play as stealthily as I can, but not to frustration. If I get caught, I'm going to use the arsenal at my disposal to get the hell out of dodge and complete the mission. My main goal on my first play-through will be to advance the story. S ranking missions and going for no kills/alerts will come later if I so choose. At first I was against playing single player online, as the concept of having my MB invaded mid mission sounded frustrating. But the more I think about it, the more it has grown on me. Online it is!

3. I honestly don't remember MGO1/2 maps, as it's been so long. I think if any do return, it will be in DLC.

Batzi

Banned
Btw I was looking at the GDC speakers list and I noticed 2 speakers from KONAMI, one of them from Kojima Productions LA. So far there is no session booked for Kojima. I'm skeptical about GDC having any sort of major announcements.

GDC.png

GDC.png

Nooooo! Not Batzi :( He was awesome. Who will make countless threads now? Who will give us that hope and hype level like he did?

Who is next? Love Deterrence?

Ohh Batzi... I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea. I will always be with you.

Does anyone know how long Jay EH & Batzi's ban last?

I don't think there will be any announcements at GDC but that Julien Merceron presentation might be interesting, they've talked about wanting to put the fox engine on mobile before so it might involve a demo of Fox Engine running on powerVR hardware.

I believe it was the port begging comment from the Tomb Raider thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150432176&postcount=343

Goddammit Batzi :/

Shit. Well, nothing is happening in ten days anyway so hopefully he is back for GDC!

That was a pretty shitty comment though.

It adds nothing to that thread.

Neither does all the last-gen bitching, either, but those people are still around. Does Batzi's post add anything to the conversation? I don't know. But I don't see how saying "People who don't own the console I own shouldn't be able to play this!" is any better.

Nooooo! Not Batzi :( He was awesome. Who will make countless threads now? Who will give us that hope and hype level like he did?

Who is next? Love Deterrence?

DON'T JOKE ABOUT THAT!

Ohh Batzi... I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea. I will always be with you.

Does anyone know how long Jay EH & Batzi's ban last?

JayEH said he wouldn't be gone very long...

Whew, it's rough out here!

OT though, I definitely want to play online. I was never big on invasions in Dark Souls, but I want to see how Kojima handles it before knowing if it's for me or not.

I also want to step outside of my comfort zone and give it a try as well. I'm not a huge PvPer when it comes to affecting single play (I'll def be playing MGO), but I have to admit that it does get the blood pumping and can be kind of exhilarating.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Since I see here a lot of Junior Members just a fair warning. If you get banned as a Junior the mod can decide if it's a perm ban or not so be especially careful as a Junior :)

Most Junior bans are perm...

Dawg

I'm not saying the ban is justified, LD.

Just saying his comment was kinda shitty. I'm not one to decide who should be banned or who shouldn't, but the last-gen comments don't make Batzi's post any better. Why Batzi got banned and not them? No idea. I'm no mod.

All I'm saying is: I kinda understand why he was banned, but I'm the last person to defend NeoGAF bans. I've been banned for a wood polishing. gif in a Tyler Swift thread.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Just saying his comment was kinda shitty. I'm not one to decide who should be banned or who shouldn't, but the last-gen comments don't make Batzi's post any better. Why Batzi got banned and not them? No idea. I'm no mod.

All I'm saying is: I kinda understand why he was banned, but I'm the last person to defend NeoGAF bans. I've been banned for a wood polishing. gif in a Tyler Swift thread.

lol yeah that was ehm yeah ....let's say I don't agree with that ban because plenty of people are using that gif but hey it is what it is.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody but I always assume that quickly forgotten on the internet except if I do something special that people will remember.

I was messing about. You know, like, you say you're worried about being forgotten and I'm pretending to be all "Wha...? Who said that?" It... it doesn't work when written, I guess? XD

What do you mean it was a shit joke...? I'm a dad. I'm practically required to make shit jokes.

How about that?

cqdmlfsc.png

Nice!

J.EM1

Since I see here a lot of Junior Members just a fair warning. If you get banned as a Junior the mod can decide if it's a perm ban or not so be especially careful as a Junior :)
Thanks for the heads up. Now I'm even more conscientious about hitting that Submit Reply button. lol

Skullface

Ok guys, I think we all know this info couldn't possibly be accurate, so take it with a grain of salt. I preordered Phantom Pain today and asked the guy at GameStop if he might know the release date. He looked it up for me in his computer and said 4/1/15. Plz?

Ok guys, I think we all know this info couldn't possibly be accurate, so take it with a grain of salt. I preordered Phantom Pain today and asked the guy at GameStop if he might know the release date. He looked it up for me in his computer and said 4/1/15. Plz?

-10/10

Yeah. I'm saying, if you are a referee in a sporting event, say basketball, what is your job? To call it the same way on both ends of the court. Right? So, my problem with Batzi's ban is that it's completely arbitrary. Like, he can shit up that thread with "WHY THE FUCK IS THIS CROSS GEN???" all he wants (which is some form of port-begging since the people doing it are quite literally begging for there not to be a port - exclusivity begging, rather, although apparently no one wants to acknowledge that) and he would still be here. Where, as a PS4 owner, I'm pretty sure he was just saying "Wish I could play this, but too bad." Which again, may not add much to the discussion, but neither does all the people crying about there being an X360 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom