• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

Loving these responses!

It's quite an impressive leap from the original. It's pretty much a 2D version of Metal Gear Solid. I find the original a bit harder to play, but Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is a heck of a lot easier to get into if you ask me!

Good point! I should have mentioned that. I plan to use the Fulton Recovery System on anything I see. It's one of the reasons I want to do my best to avoid kills. If DD and Quiet can die, as Hideo stated they can, then I'm afraid if I kill a guard early on in the game, I may not ever be able to recruit them again! But there will be plenty of guards, so I suppose it isn't all that big a deal. I want to make Diamond Dogs as big as I possibly can. Watching the gamescom footage and seeing parts of the opposing player's Mother Base way off into the distance makes me so excited to make my Mother Base like a small country! What about you?

This is something I noticed back when that footage had just come out & it seriously raised my hype from 1 hunnid to 2 hunnid.

Well, that falls in line with how Big Boss would go about things, so nice! That's how Kaz would want it.

If the game allows this, then I'll only recruit POWs and high-rank soldiers and keep Mother Base small and strong. This way, things will be easier and quick to manage for me, and also make the game slightly more challenging.

On my 2nd playthrough, I'll be like you. Going crazy with the fulton and making Mother Base into a superpower, strong enough to take on the foolish world!

Of course, you would know how Venom Snake would go about things!

image.php

I know what you mean! I ended up doing something like that in Peace Walker on my second save. Worked out well! I honestly could not leave the menus in Peace Walker's Mother Base management. It was so addictive! Being able to spar and train with fellow Diamond Dogs soldiers is such a dream come true. Like, it gives for endless replayability. Hope your playthroughs turn out well! It's going to be interesting, no doubt. I don't think many of us will be posting in the OT when the game arrives, so our responses are probably going to be a bit delayed! You plan on getting all of the special characters (like Quiet, DD) on your first run?

This is something I noticed back when that footage had just come out & it seriously raised my hype from 1 hunnid to 2 hunnid.

Hell yeah! I just thought "Oh, hey, stuff in the distance. Afghanistan is a big place, I guess." And then, the second time I watched the footage "HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOAHOAAAH!" This game is MASSIVE! I have to know how in-depth the customization is. Could literally make the game endlessly replayable!

I just rewatched the GDC Motherbase demo and damn! My hype levels are rising again. I was down on the base invasion thing earlier, but I'm coming around. If done right, it could be amazing. A base building metagame like PW, within the large expanse of an open world game - and all real time! I'm not sure if you guys are aware, but this game is gonna be HUUUUGE!!!

Palpable

Hell yeah! I just thought "Oh, hey, stuff in the distance. Afghanistan is a big place, I guess." And then, the second time I watched the footage "HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOAHOAAAH!" This game is MASSIVE! I have to know how in-depth the customization is. Could literally make the game endlessly replayable!

Seriously. I got the chills just thinking how massive your base could get.

The only thing I'm worried about is personnel count. In PW it was 350 (including waiting room). Once you got close to capacity, you'd hear Miller over the radio struggle to move around (hey, quit pushing!) along with a big crowd in the background. The problem with that was that Mother Base was fuckin' huge. 350 people could EASILY fit on ONE strut! I understand that, for management purposes (and because it was the first time an MGS game had done this), it was limited... but I hope that cap is raised for MGSV considering we'll be able to physically walk around the base.

Oh and I hope we get to have another cute little patrol boat watching the perimeter of Mother Base again like we did in PW. :3

Of course, you would know how Venom Snake would go about things!

image.php

NDS9Fdd.gi

I know what you mean! I ended up doing something like that in Peace Walker on my second save. Worked out well! I honestly could not leave the menus in Peace Walker's Mother Base management. It was so addictive! Being able to spar and train with fellow Diamond Dogs soldiers is such a dream come true. Like, it gives for endless replayability.

I see and I agree! It's so nice to see some of PW's features carry over to TPP. For my 1st playthrough, I'll make sure I'll spar to keep my small squad strong.

It seems that you'll need to spar with a massive army
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Hope your playthroughs turn out well! It's going to be interesting, no doubt. I don't think many of us will be posting in the OT when the game arrives, so our responses are probably going to be a bit delayed!

I hope yours turn out well too, and you enjoy it immensely! You're right. I'll just save the thread for later reading once I complete the game - it'll be a lot of catching up with the threads.

You plan on getting all of the special characters (like Quiet, DD) on your first run?

On my first run, I plan on only getting the characters I feel comfortable with, such as DD or any other soldier-types. I'll avoid Quiet, though, especially when it comes to buddies. She's too distracting for my tastes and I hope we can get a buddy who is a strong soldier and who acknowledges our orders in a soldier-like manner.

But Quiet's a definite yes for my 2nd run in terms of story and gameplay. :)

Ryan_MSF

OK, guys, I've got some hard-hitting questions for Outer GAF.

1. Will we see a emblem-based ranking system make a return ala MGS4/MGSPW?
2. How will you play the game when you play through for the first time?
3. What maps do you expect to make a return in Metal Gear Online 3?

1. I can imagine so, though after the nightmare of that big boss emblem i hope its not a requirement for the platinum (totally jinxed it, shit.)

2. Im planning a media blackout at least a month prior like i did with MGS4, the whole ending reveal was ruined for me last time so i refuse to see anything this time even by accident! In terms of actually playing though its a 100% midnight launch with stacks of energy drinks and shitty food to keep me going till the end. Its how ive played it from MGS2 and im a stickler for tradition haha.

Also probably on Normal Difficulty. Hard will be for subsequent playthroughs, im all about dat story for now.

3. Not sure about which im guessing will make a return but id love to see Groznyj Grad and Blood Bath!

Has KojiPro confirmed that the GZ data transfer will work the same on consoles as it does for PC? I only see info on their website for the PC version.

1. Yes.
2. Normal/Hard, No reflex, Trying no kill, Media blackout, fulton everyone and replace weak when there is max dawgs on base.
3. Would be nice Grozny Grad, Shadow Moses. But not gonna happen. Maybe big shell, tanker or Granin gorky lab. Something from Peace Walker would be nice too.

1. I think more like Peace Walker. Maybe I get something different now than always a butterfly.
2. Fulton every dog and let them do the work.
tumblr_lx89ri5J571r0o4yfo1_250.gif

3. I want new maps.

Also. I found this, posted by Infinity Patriot, here: View Single Post

Possible GAF clan names updated:

- Guerilla Gaffers
- Glorious Gaffers
- Platinum Platypuses
- Diamond (Diamondo) Dawgs (Doges, Dawgzu)
- Rogue Rottweilers
- Felonious Foxes
- Notorious N.E.O.Gaffers
- Ignorant Infiltrators
- Sneaking Snakes
- Boisterous Bosses
- Articulate Apes
- Rampaging Rhinos
- Ominous Owls
- Overkill Ocelots
- Wily Wolves
- Secret Sloths
- Jabbering Jackals
- Guerrilla Gaffers
- Guerrilla Guerrillas
- Gaffer Goats
- Idiotic Iguanas
- Whoahaaa Wolves, Whales, Wankers
- Handsome Hayters
- Hater Hayters
- Infinite Ishmaels
- Voracious V's
- Venomous Valkyries
- Ignorant Iguanas
- Gaffling Giraffes
- Quiet Quails
- GAF Guerrillas
- Gullible Gaffers Team A!
- Grasping Gaffers
- Arendelle Abattoir
- Zelotypia Zaibatsu
- Sutherland Snakes
- Potato Patriots
- Quick 'n Quiet
- Kiefer's Komrades
- Sutherland Shurfifers
- Poopy Planeteers Really? lol

Trying to stick with the two-word-names-that-begin-with-the-same-letter trend of MGO2, MGSV

I marked the names I like the most and my question is why did you guys not talked about this anymore in this thread? Some of these are much much better than "Outer GAF". In my opinion.

1. I think so, I suck at it, but I would like to see it return
2. Same as always, tranq gun everything unless I get swarmed. Challenge playthroughs are after I've beaten the story once.
3. None. Shadow Moses DLC.

- Quiet Quails
- Kiefer's Komrades
- Sutherland Shurfifers

I like these 3, but there needs to be more Ocelot names.

Palpable

Also. I found this, posted by Infinity Patriot, here: View Single Post

- Guerilla Gaffers
- Glorious Gaffers
- Platinum Platypuses
- Diamond (Diamondo) Dawgs (Doges, Dawgzu)
- Rogue Rottweilers
- Felonious Foxes
- Notorious N.E.O.Gaffers
- Ignorant Infiltrators
- Sneaking Snakes
- Boisterous Bosses
- Articulate Apes
- Rampaging Rhinos
- Ominous Owls
- Overkill Ocelots
- Wily Wolves
- Secret Sloths
- Jabbering Jackals
- Guerrilla Gaffers
- Guerrilla Guerrillas
- Gaffer Goats
- Idiotic Iguanas
- Whoahaaa Wolves, Whales, Wankers
- Handsome Hayters
- Hater Hayters
- Infinite Ishmaels
- Voracious V's
- Venomous Valkyries
- Ignorant Iguanas
- Gaffling Giraffes
- Quiet Quails
- GAF Guerrillas
- Gullible Gaffers Team A!
- Grasping Gaffers
- Arendelle Abattoir
- Zelotypia Zaibatsu
- Sutherland Snakes
- Potato Patriots
- Quick 'n Quiet
- Kiefer's Komrades
- Sutherland Shurfifers
- Poopy Planeteers Really? lol

Trying to stick with the two-word-names-that-begin-with-the-same-letter trend of MGO2, MGSV

I marked the names I like the most and my question is why did you guys not talked about this anymore in this thread? Some of these are much much better than "Outer GAF". In my opinion.
Forgot about these. Definitely need to stick with the same letter dual name thing.

1. maybe?

2. stealth simulation, hard difficulty, no reflex, no marking, no enemy direction indicator, no tranq (ive found great pleasure in sneaking around during an alert phase, and some of my most memorable sneaking came during alert phases), no fulton (i plan on using the fulton during replays), no hud (i know all the controls), considering not using the knock/lure either, basically i want to experience the game how i first saw it in the redband trailer, just raw bare bones stealth

3. never played the online before and i don't plan on playing it in tpp, i have a ps4 so fuck paying sony 50$ for internet use, even if it was a lifetime subscription i would still tell them to go eat sticky homeless ass

Definitely need to stick with the same letter dual name thing.

why?

Seriously. I got the chills just thinking how massive your base could get.

The only thing I'm worried about is personnel count. In PW it was 350 (including waiting room). Once you got close to capacity, you'd hear Miller over the radio struggle to move around (hey, quit pushing!) along with a big crowd in the background. The problem with that was that Mother Base was fuckin' huge. 350 people could EASILY fit on ONE strut! I understand that, for management purposes (and because it was the first time an MGS game had done this), it was limited... but I hope that cap is raised for MGSV considering we'll be able to physically walk around the base.

Oh and I hope we get to have another cute little patrol boat watching the perimeter of Mother Base again like we did in PW. :3

i'd like to see the limit raised on mother base. or at least provide the option to reject low level soldiers instantly. i assume of lot of these little annoyances about peace walker have been worked out. for those that don't care for that game, it's still good they made it as a test-bed for these concepts

Palpable

Goes in line with what MGO has been doing for years. Map names on MGO2 specifically as well as unit names in MGO3 (watch the gamescom base infiltration part).

i'd like to see the limit raised on mother base. or at least provide the option to reject low level soldiers instantly. i assume of lot of these little annoyances about peace walker have been worked out. for those that don't care for that game, it's still good they made it as a test-bed for these concepts

I agree. I'm sure the annoyances will be ironed out for this.

1.I would like to see that return. I haven't played pw in awhile but you get an emblem for each mission on top of your letter score right?

2. I plan on playing the game without reflex and without marking. I will also start on hard if it's available from the start. But we'll see see how daunting the world is. These aren't things that I absolutely won't change my mind on but it's how I would like to play.

3. I haven't played mgo2 since it came out and forget the names of the maps. But I'm exited for mgo3 and am definitely looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom