• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is persona a visual novel (like the screen shots look like) or is it a JRPG? what's the combat like? is it turn-based
awesomeness
? i don't like traditional rpgs at all, the most rpg games i've liked are mass effect and fallout 3. should i even bother with persona?

Yes it is turn-based awesomness. And it's not a visual novel. P3P is kind of a visual novel but with dungeon crawling but that's only because the PSP has limits.

We get it in 2015, too!

I hope you're right. Though, I doubt that.

Lernaean

Banned
I'll see what i can do, my parents will kill me if they see i bought an other console -_-
P3 and 4 are on PSN?

Yeah, don't get killed. Play 5 first, see if you like the game and see how you go from there.
P4G has a physical release on Vita, i suspect digital as well.
P3 is the PSP port, digital. It's great and it works great on Vita.

LD has already changed his avatar twice in a hour, the Hype is real.

DMC-4-Gif-devil-may-cry-30450721-500-254.gif

I'll see what i can do, my parents will kill me if they see i bought an other console -_-
P3 and 4 are on PSN?

Yes as PS2 classics!

Or the portable versions on VITA!

LD has already changed his avatar twice in a hour, the Hype is real.

:lol :lol :lol This hype is so real, man!

is persona a visual novel (like the screen shots look like) or is it a JRPG? what's the combat like? is it turn-based
garbage
? i don't like traditional rpgs at all, the most rpg games i've liked are mass effect and fallout 3. should i even bother with persona?

It's a dungeon-crawling RPG with visual novel elements incorporated into the last two entries. Persona 1 and 2 are straight-up dungeon crawling. Persona 3 and 4 are about developing bonds with your party members and dungeon crawling. The combat is turn-based.

I hope you're right. Though, I doubt that.

They confirmed it at the PS Event, didn't they?

You are funny. (⌒▽⌒)

u 'avin a giggel m8
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Pahfecto, thank you Brothers!

BROTHER!! Yes, if you have a Vita, you will have accessibility to get into the series any way you please. Every Persona game is available digitally on Vita!

You candy ass!

I'm playing on normal. I complete dungeons in 1 day. Bosses first try!

:smugface:

MEET ME AT THE BATHHOUSE, CAMPING PUSSY :smugface:

brau

It's just so frustrating. We've gotten to the point where no one cares about anything outside of a release date. Like, even new footage is only a band-aid (relatively speaking).

Tora even mentioned that this is frustrating for them as well.

I agree tho... i don't care for anymore news or shots. Kojima can give us a release date. OR! he can spam us with food pictures with funny remarks. Like the Eggs Benedict.

Lernaean

Banned
Tora even mentioned that this is frustrating for them as well.

I don't get it though. If it is frustrating for us, and it's frustrating for them, why don't they just say at least which month it's being released and spare us all, us and them, from all the frustration.

I don't get it though. If it is frustrating for us, and it's frustrating for them, why don't they just say at least which month it's being released and spare us all, us and them, from all the frustration.
I'm sure there's a lot more to it than just knowing when the game will be ready. There is a whole marketing plan that has to go into place, and merchandise ready to sell ,etc. Once all the ducks are in a row, that's when we will finally hear it. Kojima pls.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I just watched Ennio Morricone conduct the 86-strong Czech National Symphony Orchestra at the O2 (choir and all). Just before they finished with 'Ecstasy of Gold', they chucked in a pretty spectacular rendition of 'Here's to You'. Of course, I whispered a toast to Outer GAF.

brau

I just watched Ennio Morricone conduct the 86-strong Czech National Symphony Orchestra at the O2 (choir and all). Just before they finished with 'Ecstasy of Gold', they chucked in a pretty spectacular rendition of 'Here's to You'. Of course, I whispered a toast to Outer GAF.

Ennio is freaking amazing. Love his music. That must've been awesome!

wmlk

Japanese devs seem to be embracing the open-world phenomenon...

tumblr_inline_mpl3h1xRnR1qz4rgp.gif

Persona 5 surely isn't open world, and I can't think of another IP that's going to be such a massive leap in sales compared to the last entry.

I know it's just one game, but I think it speaks more to the fact that not every game needs to aspire to be open world.

brau

Absolutely was! I never thought I'd get to see him. He's spritely for his age!

How lucky. I am jealous now. I wish i had the chance to see him again.

I like listening to his music a lot while at work, and in context with the movies they make more sense. Sergio Leone relying on Ennio to do the music to a scene first and then blocking it out based on the tempo really made a big difference.

Also... using his score on GZ was classy! it just went so well.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
How lucky. I am jealous now. I wish i had the chance to see him again.

I like listening to his music a lot while at work, and in context with the movies they make more sense. Sergio Leone relying on Ennio to do the music to a scene first and then blocking it out based on the tempo really made a big difference.

Also... using his score on GZ was classy! it just went so well.

Oh, man. The Westerns are my favourites. You have good taste, as does Kojima-san.

MajorTom

Every time i buy a game these days it just seems like im buying it to help pass the time until MGSV, please Kojima! just announce the release date so i can prepare myself.

All this persona love in here, gotta admit, I've tried to play P4 many many times after hearing the praise, but I just can't get into it.

2 hours of silly high school hijinks unfolding without any gameplay just isn't for me, kinda funny since I love MGS so much, but even Metal Gear lets you start playing relatively soon...Persona 4's opening just draggggggggs and draggggggggggs. Maybe I'll try it again one day.....

SolidSnake305

Neo Member
Its crazy how a RD has gotten us so worked up and I have found it hard to believe how Konami has let Kojima so much liberty with the RD. Both are betting a lot on TPP to be greatly successful and all the hype whether warranted or not it just puts it on a super high pedestal. We all think its going to be the greatest game ever etc... but what if it is not and its just good game, wouldn't we all turn around a say we waited all this time for this?

MajorTom

So I was just browsing gaf when i came across this thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=986267
Basically the OP asks if anyone has ever felt a bit depressed after finishing a game. Do any of you guys think my may feel something similar to mild depression after finishing TPP? I know i probably will. By the time it comes out I will have known about the game for years and then when I finish it i reckon i will feel like a journey has ended........also i wont be able to play the game for the first time ever again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom