• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
So I was just browsing gaf when i came across this thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=986267
Basically the OP asks if anyone has ever felt a bit depressed after finishing a game. Do any of you guys think my may feel something similar to mild depression after finishing TPP? I know i probably will. By the time it comes out I will have known about the game for years and then when I finish it i reckon i will feel like a journey has ended........also i wont be able to play the game for the first time ever again :(

Nah, I'll just play it again. Metal Gear games pride themselves on replayability.

BROTHERS!
My improved version of the Outer GAF logo

onfDjsw.png

Contains 100% more eyepatch

I just watched Ennio Morricone conduct the 86-strong Czech National Symphony Orchestra at the O2 (choir and all). Just before they finished with 'Ecstasy of Gold', they chucked in a pretty spectacular rendition of 'Here's to You'. Of course, I whispered a toast to Outer GAF.

I am extremely jealous, he is a huge influence on my composition and musical style when composing more classical music, just like John Carpenter's soundtracks would have a huge influence on how I would do Videogame/movie tracks in my video games/movies if I were to create any.

Love his work, every time I see his name I mutter:

Leone & Morricone

Awesome work. I love how the background color adds more atmosphere to the first MGS titles, really feels right at home with all the industrial focus of MG 1, 2 and MGS1. Going to be interesting to see the other background colors with the upcoming titles that's if you're planning such a thing lol but it definitely adds to the atmosphere and feels right at home.

Awesome work. I love how the background color adds more atmosphere to the first MGS titles, really feels right at home with all the industrial focus of MG 1, 2 and MGS1. Going to be interesting to see the other background colors with the upcoming titles that's if you're planning such a thing lol but it definitely adds to the atmosphere and feels right at home.

Thank you! That is a great idea! Keeping an open mind for background!

Looks pretty good!

Looking good!

Whoah

You're pretty good...

Nice, LD! I really like it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, BROTHERS!!!!

Wooooooahhhhooooaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Looks good brother, we're almost there!

BROTHER! I have been adjusting the font per your recommendation! Getting there!

Thats a awesome OT OP/banner nice work!!!

Thank you, mate!!!

Whooahhhhh.. Photoshop skills that kill dun dun

Hahaha!

There is a whole marketing plan that has to go into place, and merchandise ready to sell ,etc.

As I've said before, there really is no need for a huge marketing campaign at this point. It's been over 5 years in the knowing and all we are waiting for now is the word go.

Konami would be wasting their money marketing a game that has been on the lips of every Metal Gear fan the world over since at least 2012/2013 - and every year since then, the word has spread like the measles to gamers around the world that are rapidly conforming to the Metal Gear way of things.

All we need is the release date - that and only that, will release us from the starting blocks of patience that hold us steadfast, anxious, excited and uneasy - in a stoic cold sweat, eagerly awaiting word of the impending greatness that resides just over the horizon. Only the release date can free us from the bonds of impatience that hold us back from overcoming the dissonance in our daily lives. Only the release date can bring harmony and peace to all the worry and confusion brought about by all the false-hope and trolling that has befallen us as of late.

With the release date given to us, we can finally run the race - the race of greatness. The race that lets everyone win, because if you buy a copy of "Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain", you are a winner. If you are even merely thinking about trying the game - you are already a winner.

Anyway, here is this:

I just watched "Wargames" on Blu-Ray:

47282_medium.jpg

I was browsing the special features when I came across "Inside Norad: Cold War Fortress" and I couldn't help but notice that the opening theme sounds suspiciously identical to "Troops In Gathering" by Harry Gregson Williams from the "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater" soundtrack.

Am I crazy or what?

Has kojima ever officially commented about the more out there theories about mgs2 and its themes and plot?

Is there any official word on just what he intended when he wrote that game?

I just wanted to add the GAF logo, I didn't want to create a masterpiece :/

BROTHERS!
My improved version of the Outer GAF logo

onfDjsw.png

Contains 100% more eyepatch

But you created a masterpiece..

Take this [hands over Photoshop CS6]. It's our only hope... Whatever... Or should I say Prince... You're a wonderful user... Ban me... Ban me now... Do it... There's only room for one pro. And one noob...

Here's what I've got so far, guys:

Just what I'd expect from the legendary Love Deterrence.

As I've said before, there really is no need for a huge marketing campaign at this point. It's been over 5 years in the knowing and all we are waiting for now is the word go.

Konami would be wasting their money marketing a game that has been on the lips of every Metal Gear fan the world over since at least 2012/2013 - and every year since then, the word has spread like the measles to gamers around the world that are rapidly conforming to the Metal Gear way of things.

All we need is the release date - that and only that, will release us from the starting blocks of patience that hold us steadfast, anxious, excited and uneasy - in a stoic cold sweat, eagerly awaiting word of the impending greatness that resides just over the horizon. Only the release date can free us from the bonds of impatience that hold us back from overcoming the dissonance in our daily lives. Only the release date can bring harmony and peace to all the worry and confusion brought about by all the false-hope and trolling that has befallen us as of late.

With the release date given to us, we can finally run the race - the race of greatness. The race that lets everyone win, because if you buy a copy of "Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain", you are a winner. If you are even merely thinking about trying the game - you are already a winner.
They're not marketing to us (Metal Gear diehards), it's everybody else that they're interested in. The general public.

They pull in money...recruits...all to combat the competition. Rubbing their noses in bloody promotional work...All for victory.

Juicy Bob

That feeling when you realise you're as old now as Otacon was during the events of MGS1 but yet you can barely put a fucking Ikea chair together properly, let alone design a Metal Gear...

Alright, guys, so I'm making character profiles for the playable characters (Solid Snake, Raiden, and Big Boss). Just finished Solid Snake's!

jCmIkRN.png

This is sweet. Maybe it's just the size of my Laptop that makes the picture a little bit smaller but I just want to mention that if I click on it, it goes a bit bigger, not much, just a bit.

Also make sure that you won't include a picture of Gray Fox in Big Boss' profile accidently. (ಠ‿ಠ)

This is sweet. Maybe it's just the size of my Laptop that makes the picture a little bit smaller but I just want to mention that if I click on it, it goes a bit bigger, not much, just a bit.

Also make sure that you won't include a picture of Gray Fox in Big Boss' profile accidently. (ಠ‿ಠ)

Hahahaha! I'll try and avoid that mistake... Or will I?
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

(Also, the width for all of my images will by 1500, so that makes sense!)

You're doing a pretty Solid job.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

IQ of 180 tho? Huh.

Thank you, brother! The guy writing this post has an IQ of 180!
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom