• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Order threads remind me so much of Ground Zeroes threads. It's sad. The same people going in circles this time last year putting themselves in a spin cycle again this year. Who fucking gives a shit? I don't get why people love to blanket entertainment value. What entertains one person won't always entertain the next, and thus may or may not be worth the asking price depending on the person in question. I thought this was common sense. No one is being forced at gunpoint to buy this game, and if they aren't a fan of the price, they should wait for a drop or avoid it altogether. Don't get what's so hard about that.

The Order threads remind me so much of Ground Zeroes threads. It's sad. The same people going in circles this time last year putting themselves in a spin cycle again this year. Who fucking gives a shit? I don't get why people love to blanket entertainment value. What entertains one person won't always entertain the next, and thus may or may not be worth the asking price depending on the person in question. I thought this was common sense. No one is being forced at gunpoint to buy this game, and if they aren't a fan of the price, they should wait for a drop or avoid it altogether. Don't get what's so hard about that.

I guess the difference between The Order and Ground Zeroes is not the playtime but the replay value and what I have seen so far is that it is boring as hell.
My opinion.

brau

Too many people like to jump to conclusions. The game is not even out and people are freaking out.

Wait till they play the game, then make an opinion.

Personally, i am very excited for the game. Whether its short or not, i am looking forward to the quality of the game and direction. We'll see if it keep me entertained.

Too many people like to jump to conclusions. The game is not even out and people are freaking out.

Personally, i am very excited for the game. Whether its short or not, i am looking forward to the quality of the game and direction. We'll see if it keep me entertained.

The screens NBNT posted in the console screenshot thread look sexy as fuck

Pinewood

Bu-but its only 5h long. Disqusting. Games need to be at least 20+ hours so I get my shitty bang 4 buck gametime.
/s

One thing what I hate about Neogaf and online gaming communities. Do you also complain when an album is "only" 7 tracks but the asking price is the same?

The other gripe is all this bitching about preorders. Its my money, goddamnit.

I guess the difference between The Order and Ground Zeroes is not the playtime but the replay value and what I have seen so far is that it is boring as hell.
My opinion.

My sentiment still applies to this. "Replay value" is determined by the player, not necessarily the game.

Right. Like, people are using a YouTube playthrough to quantify how lackluster the gameplay is.

The screens NBNT posted in the console screenshot thread look sexy as fuck

Aye, that it does.

Bu-but its only 5h long. Disqusting. Games need to be at least 20+ hours so I get my shitty bang 4 buck gametime.
/s

One thing what I hate about Neogaf and online gaming communities. Do you also complain when an album is "only" 7 tracks but the asking price is the same?

Yeah, no doubt. Reminds me of Super Mario 3D World, too. So many people didn't even plan on thinking about considering owning a Wii U and were just bitching about the length. Absolutely disgusting.

Also, yeah, I fucking HATE that shit. It's my money, I'll spend it how I fucking please. Motherfuckers care more about "the state of the industry" than actually playing the game. :lol SAD.

Dawg

m8 you think this is bad?

Just wait till we are a few days before MGS V release date and people are going to compare every single picture and say "WOW IT LOOKS WORSE HERE" or "WTF KOJIMA , DAT QUIET CLOTHING" or "ITS ONLY 100 HOURS LONG??? I EXPECTED 250 HOURS!!!"

etc etc

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Just wait till we are a few days before MGS V release date and people are going to compare every single picture and say "WOW IT LOOKS WORSE HERE" or "WTF KOJIMA , DAT QUIET CLOTHING" or "ITS ONLY 100 HOURS LONG??? I EXPECTED 250 HOURS!!!"

etc etc

No they will say HOLY SHIT MGSV HAS THE BEST INTRO I'VE EVER SEEN! YES EVEN BETTER THAN THE LAST OF US.

etc etc

:lol :lol

Well, I won't be on the forums then, so people can have at it. Real shit, man, I already know there are gonna be all these people "HAS KOJIMA GONE TOO FAR?" "INCONSISTENT TONE" "CHILD SOLDIERS AND CHICKEN CAPS" like ugh. :lol Like, who fucking cares?

/s

It's an outdated expectation. Some games should be longer than others, but some can be contained narratives. I agree we don't need a standard price with games, but at least it keeps Last of Us from being $80 because it's so nice looking on metacritic. Remember when game length bragging was front and center in advertisement in the early PS1 days? 60+ hours!

I'm getting older (for a young man) and I'm realizing I don't have the time, or at very least I'm not prioritizing the time, to complete several 60+s. I can tackle one for the long haul, but a few 5 hours are pretty nice! I can complete them in a couple of days and get the satisfaction, unlike the long ones I very well might not get to finish.

Kezen

Banned
MGS 5 will be bundled with some Nvidia cards it seems :
http://www.msi.com/product/vga/GTX-960-GAMING-2G-MGSV.html#hero-overview
J1cYn0D.png

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae is an episode not a demo XD

A demo with no car, dammit. At least we get to meet mecha-waifu

Edit: Holy cow, thats an...interesting choice for the... uhm, episode?

The biggest aspect that is not included in the demo is magic for developmental reasons. The combat system in the full game has magic but the graphics aren't polished yet. When choosing to polish either the magic system or the summon system for the demo, the developers chose the latter.[5]

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae is an episode not a demo XD

I think I am the only one buying Type-0 for Type-0. I imported the Advent Children Blu-ray to play the FFXIII demo back in the day, so I can't say I have 100% success rate with FF demos! But XV looks great. I want to go back and play the old ones. I am halfway through X right now. Great game. Unfortunately, I stopped mid-2014 and am kinda just trying to ease my way back into it. ;_;

I think I am the only one buying Type-0 for Type-0. I imported the Advent Children Blu-ray to play the FFXIII demo back in the day, so I can't say I have 100% success rate with FF demos! But XV looks great. I want to go back and play the old ones. I am halfway through X right now. Great game. Unfortunately, I stopped mid-2014 and am kinda just trying to ease my way back into it. ;_;

Me too, me too! One of my most anticipated for sure. That combat looks super unique and I love the idea of an "adult" Final Fantasy. Plus, there is a character with my name so that's pretty neat.

People knock it, but I never had a PSP and thus never even knew about it really.

I'm in Type-0 for the waifus.

FFXIV demo who?

You're alone but doesn't Type-0 have naughty stuff in it.. *smugface

Pinewood

A demo with no car, dammit. At least we get to meet mecha-waifu

Edit: Holy cow, thats an...interesting choice for the... uhm, episode?

Lazy devs, expected more, dat squeenix, FF7 da best, FF with next gen grafx is bad, wer is 2d, I hope lightning doesnt show up etc.

No need to go to FF XV demo threads now
leuhkikcskn4.gif

I have never actually played a FF game, except 13 demo and Chaos Rings (that isnt even FF) on my iPod that I didnt complete cuz my little BROTHERR deleted my save along with the game

brau

Sell me Type-0, LD.

I am honestly just getting it to play the FFXV demo.

Lazy devs, expected more, dat squeenix, FF7 da best, FF with next gen grafx is bad, wer is 2d, I hope lightning doesnt show up etc.

No need to go to FF XV demo threads now
leuhkikcskn4.gif

I have never actually played a FF game, except 13 demo and Chaos Rings (that isnt even FF) on my iPod that I didnt complete cuz my little BROTHERR deleted my save along with the game

Perfect! Now I can skip the OT. You're the hero of heroes.

Me too, me too! One of my most anticipated for sure. That combat looks super unique and I love the idea of an "adult" Final Fantasy. Plus, there is a character with my name so that's pretty neat.

People knock it, but I never had a PSP and thus never even knew about it really.

Yeah! Wow. Is there really a character named "Sheriff_Battlesnake?" :smugface: It looks like an amazing port with a lot of effort, seriously!

I'm in Type-0 for the waifus.

FFXIV demo who?

My man, LD!

You're alone but doesn't Type-0 have naughty stuff in it.. *smugface

Hahaha! Is there? Naughty Dawgs Type-0 HD?!

Shucks. Can I see the tag you gave me?

Didn't made. I didn't found something special. So I took "Doesn't want to miss Waifu talks"

Sad day. Maybe someone can take up the mantel if the inspiration doesn't return.

Or maybe I'll just have to use my imagination tonight when getting my Naughty Dawg daily minute~

989.gif

I think some of you guys are able to write a better fanfiction. Sorry but I am out of this.

I expected some japanese idol in a bikini on the inside and not a foxhound logo.

Yeah! Wow. Is there really a character named "Sheriff_Battlesnake?" :smugface: It looks like an amazing port with a lot of effort, seriously!!

He's the moustachioed sheriff of the western town area. He's also just a big ol' snake who wears a cow hide vest (suspiciously with no arms...) and has a revolver instead of a rattle at the end of his tail. He's fuckin' rad.

171px-FFType0-TreyRender2.png

Maybe he'll get more naughty scenes than me.

wilsonda

Hmm this is dark but...
do we think that Kojima will tackle beheadings
in tpp ?

He said it would be darker and the mgs games have always been so relevant with current times... think mgs4 and the pmc increases

If I was rich I wouldn't mind buying Toy collectibles , shit I'm a sucker for the hot toys Terminator & TDK series.

Edit: Wilsonda I'm expecting some child executions at the very least fucked up but Kojima did say shit is going to be dark as your theory is possible as well.

He's the moustachioed sheriff of the western town area. He's also just a big ol' snake who wears a cow hide vest (suspiciously with no arms...) and has a revolver instead of a rattle at the end of his tail. He's fuckin' rad.

171px-FFType0-TreyRender2.png

Maybe he'll get more naughty scenes than me.

Dude sounds like a fookin' baller, mate!

This is so funny, a bit old but for those who haven't seen it yet... watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0URdQq9EKHQ

Hahahaha! Still so good.

Hmm this is dark but...
do we think that Kojima will tackle beheadings
in tpp ?

He said it would be darker and the mgs games have always been so relevant with current times... think mgs4 and the pmc increases

MGSV will be darker than a German chocolate cake.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Nah... They look like poor power ranger copies.

These are the real girls!

PowerPuff_Girls.png

Who's your favorite?

I watched maybe 1 or 2 episodes of this show lol. Don't know who is who but probably the middle one (red) because the red, green and white power ranger was also my favorite.

brau

I watched maybe 1 or 2 episodes of this show lol. Don't know who is who but probably the middle one (red) because the red, green and white power ranger was also my favorite.

you dunn know their names?

Blossom (Red), Bubbles (Blue) and Buttercup (Green).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom