• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Well, according to this poll, I may not be the only one who "gets around."
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Oh, yeah. I know. I never got what people meant by "citing his sources," since he always says "The following information comes from (here)." Like, what more is he supposed to do? :lol
He has to do his research and be more accurate about his findings.

For example, when he was discussing the Quiet=Chico theory he should have started out by saying "The following speculation that I'll be analyzing today comes from an anonymous shitposter on a certain videogame imageboard that hates videogames and hates being referenced directly. This joke theory that said anonymous individual posted every day on the site until it became viral was expanded upon by another insane anonymous individual who wrote up an intricate way in which it could plausibly line up with Chico's situation in Ground Zeroes and Kojima's tweets when you take them out of context.

This insane speculation was then turned into a funny image using mspaint by yet another anonymous user with too much time on his hands who I will also be crediting today, and said image because it was funny got passed around the internet by various people and spread on various communities such as mgsforums, neogaf, reddit, tumblr, kotaku, thesnakesoup and so on without any context. It reached a point that even people like Kojima and Stephanie Joosten ended up hearing about the insanity and responding to it. I visit only one of these communities which is where I heard this speculation, but I did my homework like I'm supposed to and gave credit to the nebulous origin of this insanity.

And now with that out of the way, let's dive right into it..."

Or with his Eli video he should have said something like "The following information comes from hundreds of Metal Gear fans on various websites who watched the E3 trailer for their second time and cried in unison "Oh my god! Is that LIQUUUUID!?" and began overanalyzing the character to find evidence and ended up noticing the same clues."

Rean

INSANE PEOPLE U ARE

BZ1wEDDCEAAw2yU.jpg:large
I feel like Sn4ke mistook this for a MGSV goat figurine.
Bu-but its only 5h long. Disqusting. Games need to be at least 20+ hours so I get my shitty bang 4 buck gametime.
/s

One thing what I hate about Neogaf and online gaming communities. Do you also complain when an album is "only" 7 tracks but the asking price is the same?

The other gripe is all this bitching about preorders. Its my money, goddamnit.
I love how people complain about FPSs. It's like if it doesn't have shitty multiplayer tacked on its not good value.
I think I am the only one buying Type-0 for Type-0. I imported the Advent Children Blu-ray to play the FFXIII demo back in the day, so I can't say I have 100% success rate with FF demos! But XV looks great. I want to go back and play the old ones. I am halfway through X right now. Great game. Unfortunately, I stopped mid-2014 and am kinda just trying to ease my way back into it. ;_;
I'm probably gonna get Type-0 too.
Bubbles, because Tara Strong.
handshake.gif

Don't go Hollywood on us now Love.

oh my words and deeds

8lLYpfo.gif

Man, that magazine of the adult Powerpuff Girls, doeee.

isriZaVXRdbwq.jpg

Fine denna mothafugga dawggggggg

He has to do his research and be more accurate about his findings.

For example, when he was discussing the Quiet=Chico theory he should have started out by saying "The following speculation that I'll be analyzing today comes from an anonymous shitposter on a certain videogame imageboard that hates videogames and hates being referenced directly. This joke theory that said anonymous individual posted every day on the site until it became viral was expanded upon by another insane anonymous individual who wrote up an intricate way in which it could plausibly line up with Chico's situation in Ground Zeroes and Kojima's tweets when you take them out of context.

This insane speculation was then turned into a funny image using mspaint by yet another anonymous user with too much time on his hands who I will also be crediting today, and said image because it was funny got passed around the internet by various people and spread on various communities such as mgsforums, neogaf, reddit, tumblr, kotaku, thesnakesoup and so on without any context. It reached a point that even people like Kojima and Stephanie Joosten ended up hearing about the insanity and responding to it. I visit only one of these communities which is where I heard this speculation, but I did my homework like I'm supposed to and gave credit to the nebulous origin of this insanity.

And now with that out of the way, let's dive right into it..."

Or with his Eli video he should have said something like "The following information comes from hundreds of Metal Gear fans on various websites who watched the E3 trailer for their second time and cried in unison "Oh my god! Is that LIQUUUUID!?" and began overanalyzing the character to find evidence and ended up noticing the same clues."

Hahahaha! :lol

I'm probably gonna get Type-0 too.

My man!!

Don't go Hollywood on us now Love.

Oh shit da little ppl talkin 2 me g2g

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's probably nothing interesting otherwise Kojima wouldn't show it.

Wait...

B9-jLzVCMAEGPC7.jpg:large

Type0?

FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD X METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAINCONFIRMED???????????????

Konami signed a deal with Square-Enix to bring Metal Gear into the world of Final Fantasy. Characters from both series will now be appearing in crossovers together.

The bad news? The Phantom Pain has been pushed back to 2016 and Silent Hills to 2017 to make room for a new Final Fantasy game.

Rean

Konami signed a deal with Square-Enix to bring Metal Gear into the world of Final Fantasy. Characters from both series will now be appearing in crossovers together.

The bad news? The Phantom Pain has been pushed back to 2016 and Silent Hills to 2017 to make room for a new Final Fantasy game.
This can't be true...

edit: Thank god

Transfering checks now.

LD no longer Hollywood.

imma meet rogue in an alley and end his punkass 4 ruining my lyf3

They do have a history of co-operation involving merchandise... just like Disney and Sony when it comes to Spider-Man movies!

I don't wanna hear your "Play Arts Kai is just a Square Enix brand" bullshit! IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING!!!!!!!! FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII METAL GEAR RAY UNITS: THE PHANTOM GAME

Pinewood

Lightning as an optional boss/buddy confirmed. Also Lightning to star as Snake in MG remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom