• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbdb5ce1ee10e083c8bbeee345d70d62.gif

For some reason I have never noticed her boob physics during that scene.

Probably because I'm always jamming to her theme song.

Keep the shits coming!

Just look at this guy.

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-%E2%80%93-E3-2013-extended-Trailer-screenshots-Lightninggamingnews-12-1024x576.jpg

He even got numbers tattooed on his forehead. That's so hardcore.

I'm glad this might somewhat give the possibility of personality bosses showing back up. I know Peace Walker just had MGs and armors as 'bosses', but I sort of missed proper antagonists throughout the story. If these guys are any indication, along with the rest of "Those who Don't Exist", then there should be some much more interesting encounters in TPP.

JayEH

I'm glad this might somewhat give the possibility of personality bosses showing back up. I know Peace Walker just had MGs and armors as 'bosses', but I sort of missed proper antagonists throughout the story. If these guys are any indication, along with the rest of "Those who Don't Exist", then there should be some much more interesting encounters in TPP.

PW would be a perfect game if it wasn't for the bosses.

PW would be a perfect game if it wasn't for the bosses.

Definitely my least favorite part of the game. Completely uninteresting and the grind felt too real at times while being overtuned for solo play in some parts IMO. It was by pure luck that I finished ZEKE as I still don't understand how to properly farm the parts.

If they surprise announce Co-op for main story play, I'd have some pause about it, but would hope they balance for those who don't always feel like 'bringing the bros'.

You're mumbling.

CLEAR!

I'm starting to think Kaz loses his limbs in the hospital scene and not in Afghanistan.

You think so?! Could be. It's all so hard to tell. Like, how much of a gap is there between the hospital and Afghanistan? We've been led to believe that Afghanistan is the first mission-- first main mission, rather. How true is that? The way Ocelot talks is as if Snake hadn't seen Miller in quite a while, so I don't know. I think he loses his body parts in Afghanistan, but that's an interesting theory!

ugh LD

*Better Call Saul Spoilers!*
you spoiled the ending for Better Call Saul for me using that gif on the last page. I dunno why I entered this thread right before I decided to watch it tho. Amazing episode. The show is already hitting its stride.
*Better Call Saul Spoilers!*

JayEH

CLEAR!

You think so?! Could be. It's all so hard to tell. Like, how much of a gap is there between the hospital and Afghanistan? We've been led to believe that Afghanistan is the first mission-- first main mission, rather. How true is that? The way Ocelot talks is as if Snake hadn't seen Miller in quite a while, so I don't know. I think he loses his body parts in Afghanistan, but that's an interesting theory!

Cutting off limbs doesn't seem like something that would be done in torture by the Russian military. Also Ocelot mentions that Miller had bodyguards. Why would Miller need them if he was fine? He doesn't seem like the type to use them. In his monologue he says "every night I can feel my leg...". So gives me the impression it's been like this for a while for him.

CLEAR!

Yeah that is pretty curious. It seems by that first mission as well, you can Fulton, which means DD base is likely operational. How long did that take?

Did Miller wake up much earlier than Big Boss and create Diamond Dogs while he was in a coma? He's no where to be seen in all hospital footage so far, and Ocelot talks about how he had bodyguards before he was taken. Maybe he had guards because he did lose his limbs in the hospital.

Assuming he left early, why not transfer Big Boss to base once it was up? GIMME THE GAME I NEED TO KNOW!!

In any case, I predict there's more linear missions between the hospital and Afghanistan, likely tutorials and such where Boss gets his prosthetic. Then Afghan is the first Open World mission.

Another proof that Kaz loses his limbs in Afghanistan is that after he is saved by Big Boss he is carried away on a stretcher with an oxigen Maße on his face + dozens of doctors around him.

Another message from Batzi:
Sending bodyguards to protect a man who is amputated is strategically the stupidest thing one can possibly do.
specially when it is in the middle of a battlefield

JayEH

Stop lurking Batzi.

(we also don't know why Kaz is in Afghanistan so maybe it was a trap or something. Also he's been in captivity for days, regardless of amputation he would need doctors around him)

I'm just throwing ideas around.

Alright, guys. I enjoyed "Made you wait, didn't I?" while it lasted, but tonight is its last night! OT2, here we come. Just want to say thank you to JayEH for making this all happen. It's Metal Gear. How the hell was there not a community thread sooner? Doesn't matter, because Jay put one together and brought us all together! I'll check the thread first thing when I wake up so I hope to see a bit of movement (just don't get too crazy)!!!! Night!

Rean

Alright, guys. I enjoyed "Made you wait, didn't I?" while it lasted, but tonight is its last night! OT2, here we come. Just want to say thank you to JayEH for making this all happen. It's Metal Gear. How the hell was there not a community thread sooner? Doesn't matter, because Jay put one together and brought us all together! I'll check the thread first thing when I wake up so I hope to see a bit of movement (just don't get too crazy)!!!! Night!
Night.

JayEH

stop talking about hentai so much, jesus.

you have something you want to share?

And thanks to you for putting so much work into OT2! This thread has been fun but only because of everyone here being so cool. Best community on Gaf. And by the time you wake up, I will have already made OT3
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom