• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoss1

So today at work, a big project team just randomly brought up the idea that they would like to pick a team name... and I almost instinctively shouted out "Diamond Dogs.. It's our new home" ... can we just simply get a release date so I can stop losing my mind

LOL I know what you mean. Only difference is that I say it in my head.

So today at work, a big project team just randomly brought up the idea that they would like to pick a team name... and I almost instinctively shouted out "Diamond Dogs.. It's our new home" ... can we just simply get a release date so I can stop losing my mind
Big Boss would be proud.

Palpable

Done. Laminated the front to the back (also adds protection). Tweeted it to Kojima. Will be sending it out to ToraShiro tomorrow.

VmnJHf.jpg

dHPKKF.jpg

Y8cFG1.jpg

You guys DO know that tomorrow's Kojima Station will NOT contain any footage or solid info right? They're just announcing their TGS schedule.

We won't get any concrete info till the 20nd-23rd of the month when the actual show is running.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
You guys DO know that tomorrow's Kojima Station will NOT contain any footage or solid info right? They're just announcing their TGS schedule.

We won't get any concrete info till the 20nd-23rd of the month when the actual show is running.

Maybe a sneak peek at the new trailer, because Kojima posted the pic above.

Oh and it's september 18.

Sn4ke_911

Where did this come from? That looks a lot like the MGS1 sneaking suit.

Edit: I was beat to it.

Kojima twitter.

I love the headphones or whatever that ear thingy is called in engrish :p, it just makes so much more sense.

He gets this suit after he kills Solid Snake .....wait
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif

Skullface

Kojima twitter.

I love the headphones or whatever that ear thingy is called in engrish :p, it just makes so much more sense.

What is that red dot on Big Boss' chin? I hope that's not part of Miller's tie o_O. Also, Ocelot unit soldier in the back? Who's the guy with the scarf? Where are you YongYea?

Edit: The more I look at that dot the more it seems like a laser sight. Scarf man looks a lot like Ocelot to me as well.

Sn4ke_911

What is that red dot on Big Boss' chin? I hope that's not part of Miller's tie o_O. Also, Ocelot unit soldier in the back? Who's the guy with the scarf? Where are you YongYea?

It's an off-screen pic so probably just something on Kojima's monitor
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif

The guy with the scarf is Ocelot. The guy in front of him is Kaz.

Skullface

It's an off-screen pic so probably just something on Kojima's monitor
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif

The guy with the scarf is Ocelot. The guy in front of him is Kaz.

Dammit man, funny how this screenshot reignited the hype in me.

This might seem totally random, but it came to me in a dream. There needs to be a character modeled on this man:

hunter-thompson-gun.jpg

Perhaps a war journalist type? Or a reference similar to the Venture Bros reference where he's a special ops instructor?

inb4 Ishmael

"Snake, show those fucking pig fuckers who's boss! The goddamn free world depends on it!"

hunter-s-thompson.jpg

"Uhhmm... Diamond Dogs! Our new fucking home!"

b1lAb5E.jpg

ec5b3dd916f846c980a8bd9fe40fb27d.jpg

"Umm, ahh... Kept you waiting, I think."

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
The other important news is that PO is officially confirmed canon so now all those endless discussions can now be put to an end.

Hah! So that means the new demonstration might be gameplay on Motherbase after all, as opposed to somewhere brand new? Or it could just be the intro cutscene to the mission before Snake arrives wherever new location he is going for the gameplay.
I'm guessing it'll be part of an intro before he goes to a mission in Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom