• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

I managed to avoid TLOU spoilers for an entire year, until the remastered version came out.

Ain't nobody spoiling this dog.

The only mgs i didnt buy on launch day was mgs4. Man, 1998 was a different time. I beat that game at least a month after i bought it. Spoilers were never a worry. Even mgs2, i was all over the net then, but i can't recall having to avoid certain areas of the web to spare myself. Mgs3 and 4 were the true tests. I didn't touch any of the fan sites or message boards for a while to stay spoil free. Mgs4 was the hardest because i didn't get a ps3 until late 08. Let's just say that if i could do that, i can do anything.

Dawg

Final mosaic has your current
TRUE

wat
doge.png
doge.png
doge.png

I'm shocked that I managed to avoid MGS 4 spoilers for as long as I did. I played when they finally introduced trophies which was quite a while after launch.

Nibel

I'm shocked that I managed to avoid MGS 4 spoilers for as long as I did. I played when they finally introduced trophies which was quite a while after launch.

How is that even possible :lol

The good thing about MGS games is that a) they have ton of content and playtime compared to regular games and b) Hideo Kojima makes them which means not everything that is presented to us will be exactly as in the game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kojima talks about "luxurious guest" (yeah i know google translate) on twitter so i would assume he talks about special guests?!

Maybe Troy Baker? that would be so cool ..........or David Hayter to be on the TGS stage?
leuhkikcskn4.gif

but it's more likely some japanese voice actors such as Akio Ōtsuka (The voice of Snake) will be on stage.

Still very exciting to hear what they think about MGSV. I hope we get an english translation for this presentation.

laminaatplaat

Neo Member
I just finished MGS 3 for the first time, what a thrill!

Since I was playing the HD version of the game I got to play with the free camera angle which of course is pretty liberating. I am however glad that it also gives you the opportunity to still play in the fixed camera angle style of 1, 2 and original 3! The carefully crafted camera's are pretty obtrusive from a gameplay perspective while sneaking but it is used to great effect in sense of style. For example when walking through the overhead corridor from the middle to the west part of the base is pretty boring in regular 3rd person view but in the fixed perspective you get a really cool shot of Snake running past the Shagohod (foreshadowing) and you see him cross the bridge from outside (feel of accomplishment).

Camera work in games is something I'm pretty interested in and getting to play with two very different styles within the same game is pretty damn cool!

Since it was my first time playing the story was also pretty cool, finally getting some back story on Big Boss. I'm pretty sure that soon I will go through the game for a second time!

Jimmydg

Kojima talks about "luxurious guest" (yeah i know google translate) on twitter so i would assume he talks about special guests?!

Maybe Troy Baker? that would be so cool ..........or David Hayter to be on the TGS stage?
leuhkikcskn4.gif

but it's more likely some japanese voice actors such as Akio Ōtsuka (The voice of Snake) will be on stage.

Still very exciting to hear what they think about MGSV. I hope we get an english translation for this presentation.

Luxurious guest sounds someone like Kiefer Sutherland. But yep, beeing the TGS it's more common Japanese actors.

My Gamestop "pro" membership is about to expire, so i spent the points on Metal Gear posters. The Legacy one came in today and has a flip side to it. The Ground Zeroes one i got a couple months ago. They're actually pretty rad and quite large. Its a real bummer they have ESRB ratings, but i guess it makes it look more like a movie poster.

Shouldn't it be "Ocelots" instead of Bulls? :p

Joakim Noah to Derrick Rose:

"You're a legend in the eyes of those who live on the basketball court. That's why you have to handle this late-game situation yourself. Put those two years on ice, and return... as D. Rose. That's how Coach Thibodeau would want it. I'll be sending additional plays by hand signal. Stay sharp. Not one of Thib's bench players contributed -- and they were good. All we found on the floor were their empty stats and these... *Wins* He'll be missing them, and you're his only chance of getting 'em back.

Now, go! Let the legend come back to life..."

Jimmydg

My Gamestop "pro" membership is about to expire, so i spent the points on Metal Gear posters. The Legacy one came in today and has a flip side to it. The Ground Zeroes one i got a couple months ago. They're actually pretty rad and quite large. Its a real bummer they have ESRB ratings, but i guess it makes it look more like a movie poster.

Send me one please :)

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

ill kiss you if you give me one :3

Palpable

I'm sure HGW and Akiro Honda will do an amazing job as usual with the music (same with Ludvig, his GZ motif is awesome), I must admit I'm very disappointed with Konami's decision to stop hiring Norihiko Hibino for some of the music. MGS2 and MGS3's background music during gameplay were probably the most memorable because of this guy. I think MGS4's soundtrack suffered because of his exclusion.

The MGS2 BGM is so amazing. Why would they stop hiring him!?

MGS's background music doesn't get enough love. I wonder if we'll get random Donna Burke WOAH HOOOO's while playing TPP. I suppose it already happens when you take out the e-cig.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I really liked the simplicity of MGS's background music, as you traverse the different levels of Shadow Moses.

"Rex's Lair" is one of the best songs in the series.

MGS's background music doesn't get enough love. I wonder if we'll get random Donna Burke WOAH HOOOO's while playing TPP. I suppose it already happens when you take out the e-cig.

Yeah, honestly, I like the background music playing during the Afghanistan mission. Subtle, but I think it's cool that the music amplifies as you approach enemy territory. Pretty neat way of doing it, I think!

Sins of the Father has given me enough confidence in the soundtrack. If I have have never seen a trailer for MGS V but I listened to that song I could accurately guess how sorrowful and tragic the story will be, not to dissimilar to the Greek tragedies of heroes facing their downfall. That's the sign of a perfect theme.

"You're a legend in the eyes of those who live on the basketball court. That's why you have to handle this late-game situation yourself. Put those two years on ice, and return... as D. Rose. That's how Coach Thibodeau would want it. I'll be sending additional plays by hand signal. Stay sharp. Not one of Thib's bench players contributed -- and they were good. All we found on the floor were their empty stats and these... *Wins* He'll be missing them, and you're his only chance of getting 'em back.

Amazing post. *wins* killed me.
Will read again come NBA season.

PresidentHeller.gif

EDIT: So good it deserves the gif
ibwgrjt8mCJ71D.gif

TheBoss1

This is amazing! LMAO 11/10

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

This game will have so much replayability. There are hundreds of ways to approach this situation and the best thing the soldiers positions can be different depending on the time of day or every time you play this mission, if you headshotted everyone the first time they will wear helmets now and so on...

THIS. FUCKING. GAME.

TheBoss1

This game will have so much replayability. There are hundreds of ways to approach this situation and the best thing the soldiers positions can be different depending on the time of day or every time you play this mission, if you headshotted everyone the first time they will wear helmets now and so on...

THIS. FUCKING. GAME.

HYPE!

5pIFrVQ.gif

Palpable

THIS. FUCKING. GAME.

wuttt did I miss something what trailaer this gif from?

It's from E3 2013. Reason I posted it is because I was being picky about those two soldiers standing guard going through the exact same animation at nearly the exact same time.

Chinner

Banned
I really liked the simplicity of MGS's background music, as you traverse the different levels of Shadow Moses.

"Rex's Lair" is one of the best songs in the series.

"Zooooooom"

Can't speak ill of the MGS soundtrack, don't think there's a poor track in there at all.

THIS. FUCKING. GAME.
The guards adapting to your previous playthroughs really excites me for the replayability aspect but I know it's gonna end up annoying me when I try to S rank them :p

so awesome when you're driving down the tunnel with liquid chasing after you. can't believe they swapped it with some german trance in TTS :(
They removed Encounter and all it's variations like Duel, Escape etc. I get why they would want to add more variety to the soundtrack but it was so iconic! They could have at least included it once. :(

Chinner

Banned
The guards adapting to your previous playthroughs really excites me for the replayability aspect but I know it's gonna end up annoying me when I try to S rank them :p

i wonder how this will actually be implemented. I mean, will this be in affect while actually playing the game, or is it active in a new game + mode, or alternatively does this suggest that missions will be replayable from within the main game.

i always hated the bootleg speed theme in mgs1 (and later continue screens), but the background music in mgs1 is undoubtedly the best in the series...never really liked the more uptempo jazzy BGM in mgs2.

love what i've heard from GZ and TPP thus far. especially the teaser at the end of GZ

i wonder how this will actually be implemented. I mean, will this be in affect while actually playing the game, or is it active in a new game + mode, or alternatively does this suggest that missions will be replayable from within the main game.

i presume it will be just like peace walker.

THIS. FUCKING. GAME.

Aw man, I though Hard was too much on Ground Zeroes. but coupled with advanced adaptability will be the end of me.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

THIS. FUCKING. GAME.

I'll be ok with this being the last
Before Metal Gear 1-2 remakes
MGS games, since it seems it'll last forever.

Chinner

Banned
I don't how long it has been since i've replayed a game as much a Ground Zeros. The last game was probably Dead Rising.

mad excited for phantom pain. does anyone want to cosplay? i can be quiet pre op, anyone want to be post op?

Amazing post. *wins* killed me.
Will read again come NBA season.

PresidentHeller.gif

EDIT: So good it deserves the gif
ibwgrjt8mCJ71D.gif

My man!

ibwgrjt8mCJ71D.gif

This is amazing! LMAO 11/10

2014-07-2016_53_22-enxaerd.png

THIS. FUCKING. GAME.

THIS. FUCKING. POST.

Palpable

I don't how long it has been since i've replayed a game as much a Ground Zeros. The last game was probably Dead Rising.

mad excited for phantom pain. does anyone want to cosplay? i can be quiet pre op, anyone want to be post op?

Dawg is already Quiet.

image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom