• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
HYPE!

5pIFrVQ.gif

Wtf...

Akiller

Joakim Noah to Derrick Rose:

"You're a legend in the eyes of those who live on the basketball court. That's why you have to handle this late-game situation yourself. Put those two years on ice, and return... as D. Rose. That's how Coach Thibodeau would want it. I'll be sending additional plays by hand signal. Stay sharp. Not one of Thib's bench players contributed -- and they were good. All we found on the floor were their empty stats and these... *Wins* He'll be missing them, and you're his only chance of getting 'em back.

Now, go! Let the legend come back to life..."

My man!

Woffls

Just finished my first no kill/alert/item/recovery speed run of MGS4. Took 3:21:05 on Liquid Easy - could have saved a lot of time on Wolf and Mantis, but knowing I can clear the game with an hour and a half to spare for Boss Extreme is very reassuring.

Just finished my first no kill/alert/item/recovery speed run of MGS4. Took 3:21:05 on Liquid Easy - could have saved a lot of time on Wolf and Mantis, but knowing I can clear the game with an hour and a half to spare for Boss Extreme is very reassuring.
Kudos. I assume you're preparing for the Big Boss emblem?

Woffls

Kudos. I assume you're preparing for the Big Boss emblem?
Working through the rest of the emblems first. I've not sat down to play it properly since the trophy patch, so I've been reacquiring emblems. Giving rations to militia after they slide down the mountain 50 times is super fun....

I'd like to have seen more interesting challenges for emblems, like a no alert run wearing the suit, or all the enemies are wearing armour so you have to go for headshots. That kind of stuff would have been quite enjoyable seeing as the gameplay is actually good and there's so many weapons and items to use.

Working through the rest of the emblems first. I've not sat down to play it properly since the trophy patch, so I've been reacquiring emblems. Giving rations to militia after they slide down the mountain 50 times is super fun....

I'd like to have seen more interesting challenges for emblems, like a no alert run wearing the suit, or all the enemies are wearing armour so you have to go for headshots. That kind of stuff would have been quite enjoyable seeing as the gameplay is actually good and there's so many weapons and items to use.
Oh boy, yea, MGS4 platinum is pretty rough. There's a few funny ones that were enjoyable to do but it's quite a grind. Got that chicken emblem yet?

MGS2 and MGS4 platinums were toughest for me. And by tough I mean tedious.
I didn't find MGS2 too bad considering it's my favourite and I did it over a few months so the replays didn't really get to me. I did those 8 playthroughs all in a row right after the trophy update and Jesus, Act 3 began to wear thin very quickly.

MGR was probably the most fun platinum. Peace Walker was fun too but I usually see people complain about that one.

Woffls

Oh boy, yea, MGS4 platinum is pretty rough. There's a few funny ones that were enjoyable to do but it's quite a grind. Got that chicken emblem yet?
Yep got chicken out the way thankfully. Left my PS3 on overnight to make up the time... I didn't exactly enjoy it.

Wouldn't have minded if there was more to do. There's only so much time you can waste running around shooting everyone.

i'll probably never platinum those games. just too much busy work. i've been meaning to go back and do peace walker, but those boss battles.....you really need to co-op them and have some amazing weapons developed. i've put in like 50 hours. not sure i can go back and do all that

i'll probably never platinum those games. just too much busy work. i've been meaning to go back and do peace walker, but those boss battles.....you really need to co-op them and have some amazing weapons developed. i've put in like 50 hours. not sure i can go back and do all that

I would offer to help, but you're Team B.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

If you ever feel like going back to it, I'd give you some help GreyOcelot. I have all the shit you need to do those vehicle missions. I'll forgive your Team B alliances.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

I don't have the best weapons either, but I'll gladly help with those annoying battles. P.S. you only really need some smoke grenades and fulton.

Palpable

I didn't find MGS2 too bad considering it's my favourite and I did it over a few months so the replays didn't really get to me. I did those 8 playthroughs all in a row right after the trophy update and Jesus, Act 3 began to wear thin very quickly.

MGR was probably the most fun platinum. Peace Walker was fun too but I usually see people complain about that one.

I'm not even bothering with MGR trophies. MGS3 and PW plats were fun. MGS3's was so easy, though.

Update on the mosaic: It has been printed and I'll be picking it up tomorrow to ship it. I'll take some pictures for you guys before I send it to ToraShiro.

I'm not even bothering with MGR trophies. MGS3 and PW plats were fun. MGS3's was so easy, though.

Update on the mosaic: It has been printed and I'll be picking it up tomorrow to ship it. I'll take some pictures for you guys before I send it to ToraShiro.
:0 I know you hate the idea of MGR being canon but it's great fun. Yea, MGS3 is a piece of piss but I do remember doing the no kill run and then when I saw the end screen, I had some how killed one guy. Incredibly annoying.

Also, good to hear about the mosaic. Looking forward to seeing it.

Palpable

:0 I know you hate the idea of MGR being canon but it's great fun. Yea, MGS3 is a piece of piss but I do remember doing the no kill run and then when I saw the end screen, I had some how killed one guy. Incredibly annoying.

Also, good to hear about the mosaic. Looking forward to seeing it.

Oh that's the worst =\ I was able to plat MGS3 in one run.

I was thinking the mosaic would cost an arm and leg, but it ended up being only $40. Not sure what shipping will be, but that isn't bad. Dawg, how much did it cost you when you printed it?

So far, yeah. I'm playing with 2 of my cousins. I can't see myself having fun with this game if it weren't for co-op play.

Yeah? I think that'll be the case for most. Honestly, the game gives me Combat Evolved vibes. The setting, the combat, the music - love it. Never got to explore the Moon during the beta, so looking forward to that. I will probably have eye-gasms when I see an environment that isn't Old Russia.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
who would win in a fight

solid snake or sam fisher?

You really asking this question in a freakin Metal Gear Community Thread???

Goddamn Chinner, Fisher is a freakin wannabe of Snake he got NOTHING on Solid Snake.

Snake would kick Fishers weak ass any fucking day.

wilsonda

So today at work, a big project team just randomly brought up the idea that they would like to pick a team name... and I almost instinctively shouted out "Diamond Dogs.. It's our new home" ... can we just simply get a release date so I can stop losing my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom