• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

polishcowboyst

Neo Member
Hello Brothers,

I just watched the digital graphic novels for MGS1 and 2 and they were enjoyable. Some of the original story is altered and some details are elaborated on that aren't in the original storylines. I was wondering if any of you guise knew how closely Kojima worked with the scripts of these comics because they do offer some great additional information.

AgedAbsoluteAnhinga.gif

Rajang

Hello Brothers,

I just watched the digital graphic novels for MGS1 and 2 and they were enjoyable. Some of the original story is altered and some details are elaborated on that aren't in the original storylines. I was wondering if any of you guise knew how closely Kojima worked with the scripts of these comics because they do offer some great additional information.

The digital graphic novels are based on the comics. They are not canon.

Alot of what is said in the first graphic novel contradicts Nastasha's book: In the Darkness of Shadow Moses, which is canon.

polishcowboyst

Neo Member
The digital graphic novels are based on the comics. They are not canon.

Alot of what is said in the first graphic novel contradicts Nastasha's book: In the Darkness of Shadow Moses, which is canon.

Yeah, I knew there were contradictions in there. Thanks for the info. I don't think I ever read the Natasha book. I am going to have to do that.

Rean

Guys, I meant to ask this in MGSGAF before I got banned/thread went to hell: Do you expect the Soliton Radar to make a return? I think it will come back as it did in Peace Walker - you will be able to develop it at mother base (RETCONS INTENISIFES)

Vally

From LoveDeterrence: Guys, I meant to ask this in MGSGAF before I got banned/thread went to hell: Do you expect the Soliton Radar to make a return? I think it will come back as it did in Peace Walker - you will be able to develop it at mother base (RETCONS INTENISIFES)

Yep I expect it to come back

The enemies' vision cones would be huge this time, though

From LoveDeterrence: Guys, I meant to ask this in MGSGAF before I got banned/thread went to hell: Do you expect the Soliton Radar to make a return? I think it will come back as it did in Peace Walker - you will be able to develop it at mother base (RETCONS INTENISIFES)

To LoveDeterrence:
I expect that you will enjoy your ban and I'll develop stupid jokes about you!

LowParry

Guys, I meant to ask this in MGSGAF before I got banned/thread went to hell: Do you expect the Soliton Radar to make a return? I think it will come back as it did in Peace Walker - you will be able to develop it at mother base (RETCONS INTENISIFES)

The more importan question is, who is your daddy and what does he do?

MattyG

Banned
This is going to sound dumb, but how do save files work in MGS2/3? Are collectibles tied to one save? If I want to start over (say I want to start from the beginning of the Tanker mission on a different difficulty) do I select Tanker from the "Missions" menu or "New Game"? It's been a while since I've played either of these.

Wait, the Missions menu is only VR stuff? So I just select "New Game" and overwrite my current one? That won't delete my dog tags?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
This is going to sound dumb, but how do save files work in MGS2/3? Are collectibles tied to one save? If I want to start over (say I want to start from the beginning of the Tanker mission on a different difficulty) do I select Tanker from the "Missions" menu or "New Game"?

Yes they are tied to your save. So with respect to MGS2

when you beat the game your save file will turn red in color. That signifies you will start a New Game+. So when you select a red MGS2 file that says "Tanker - Completed" or "Plant - Completed" that means you will now be prompted to start a new game where you can select the difficulty and the corresponding chapter (you can decide to just play tanker, just play plant, or play both). You will not be able to choose again until you beat the chapter(s).

If you're going for dog tag completion, it must be done on the same save file. So go to "Load Game". That's how the game keeps track of you getting the tags on multiple difficulties. The only thing that I believe is locked from when you started your initial game is whether you chose 2001 or 2002 set of tags. It doesn't matter which set you pick for the trophy or for the unlockables.

If you want to completely completely start over from scratch for whatever reason, just select New Game. But you won't keep any dog tags you have gotten.

MGS3 is similar. If you want to play with stealth camo or patriot gun you must select your "Operation Snake Eater - Completed" save. It will prompt you for a new game.

MattyG

Banned
Thread is dead

LOL good timing Matty
Perfect syncronization.

HandshakeYo.gif

Yes they are tied to your save. So with respect to MGS2

when you beat the game your save file will turn red in color. That signifies you will start a New Game+. So when you select a red MGS2 file that says "Tanker - Completed" or "Plant - Completed" that means you will now be prompted to start a new game where you can select the difficulty and the corresponding chapter (you can decide to just play tanker, just play plant, or play both). You will not be able to choose again until you beat the chapter(s).

If you're going for dog tag completion, it must be done on the same save file. So go to "Load Game". That's how the game keeps track of you getting the tags on multiple difficulties. The only thing that I believe is locked from when you started your initial game is whether you chose 2001 or 2002 set of tags. It doesn't matter which set you pick for the trophy or for the unlockables.

If you want to completely completely start over from scratch for whatever reason, just select New Game. But you won't keep any dog tags you have gotten.

MGS3 is similar. If you want to play with stealth camo or patriot gun you must select your "Operation Snake Eater - Completed" save. It will prompt you for a new game.
Ahh, ok, I think I've got it. Kind of. Basically, New Game overwrites everything, finish the chapter and Load Game if I want to play the chapter again for dog tags?

This is what I get for not playing MGS2 for two years.
Your vr mission progress is separate from your dog tag completion.

Do NOT fucking overwrite your save from the main game. It WILL delete your dog tags.
I came so fucking close to doing this. Sweet Jesus. Thank you, Sub_Level, you beautiful human being.

Sub_Level

Wait, the Missions menu is only VR stuff? So I just select "New Game" and overwrite my current one? That won't delete my dog tags?

Your vr mission progress is separate from your dog tag completion.

Do NOT fucking overwrite your save from the main game. It WILL delete your dog tags.

Sub_Level

Ahh, ok, I think I've got it. Kind of.

I am drunk right now but here is the TL;DR version:

Just keep selecting Load Game after every time you finish the game. Use the same save file.

After you beat Very Easy for example, it might say

VERY EASY

in red. So you would load that up and proceed to get all the tags in easy mode. Then after you beat Easy mode, go to load game again and you save might say

EASY

in red. And so on and so forth.

MattyG

Banned
I am drunk right now but here is the TL;DR version:

Just keep selecting Load Game after every time you finish the game. Use the same save file.

After you beat Very Easy for example, it might say

VERY EASY

in red. So you would load that up and proceed to get all the tags in easy mode. Then after you beat Easy mode, go to load game again and you save might say

EASY

in red. And so on and so forth.
OHHHHHH. Now I get it. You da best Sub_Level.

Sub_Level

won't actually be dismantling the bomb. That's not for amateurs. What will try instead is a temporary freezing measure.

MattyG

Banned
Goddammit these fucking Marines and their dual projector system and their stretches and their randomly placed patroling guards fuck this I'm going to bed.

Goddammit these fucking Marines and their dual projector system and their stretches and their randomly placed patroling guards fuck this I'm going to bed.

Haha, the MGS frustration happens to other people too!

I fucking knew it.

I love playing stealth games but sometimes, when I play like shit and I know I shouldn't I get so mad.

MattyG

Banned
Haha, the MGS frustration happens to other people too!

I fucking knew it.

I love playing stealth games but sometimes, when I play like shit and I know I shouldn't I get so mad.
I just tried one more time, only needed the picture of the Marine logo on RAY. Accidentally hit quit instead of continue. Got sent back to the first room.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

The MGS frustration is real.

JayEH

Game of the generation results should be coming in. Will be a tough fight but I think MGS3 will crack top 5.

Game of the generation results should be coming in. Will be a tough fight but I think MGS3 will crack top 5.

It should be number ONE.

Of all the games I played between all the consoles and platforms nothing tops MGS3.

Subsistence? Ha. Man that just takes a perfect game and makes it a legend on the video games battlefield.

So legendary they ported it over to the fox engine, and got everything working nicely for the 360 and PS3.

The experience of playing these games around the time that they were were made though, is something that no one can really understand. Of all the games, MGS3 and MGS1 are the most timeless for me and honestly I play them better than Ground Zeroes.

Then again, whenever I stream I end up getting too nervous so I end up getting spotted or making mistakes. I could probably never demo a game live like Jackie does for Kojipro.

So I'm out of the loop, what happened to all that release date hype that Batzi and Dawg were all about? Was it all a big farce?

The usual Batzi and Dawg hypefest that leads to nothing, that said they've been right a couple times in the past. They and LD are our fellow fallen DIAMONDU DAWGZU~, we will carry them to battle with us on the day of the release date. T_T7

I think we will hear something in March, if not then...well I don't know how much longer we will be waiting.

It sucks, but I know the wait will be worth it.

JayEH

The usual Batzi and Dawg hypefest that leads to nothing, that said they've been right a couple times in the past. They and LD are our fellow fallen DIAMONDU DAWGZU~, we will carry them to battle with us on the day of the release date. T_T7

I think we will hear something in March, if not then...well I don't know how much longer we will be waiting.

dawg doesn't hype things up.

foxtrot3d

Banned

Oh well, I don't understand why people are so antsy about the release date I think it's pretty certain the game is coming out this year. If it's not June/July then it will be during the Holiday season. I can wait.

Oh well, I don't understand why people are so antsy about the release date I think it's pretty certain the game is coming out this year. If it's not June/July then it will be during the Holiday season. I can wait.
Yeah, I have plenty of games to play in the coming months and a backlog to boot. Whenever it's ready, I'll be excited. But I can wait.

I am requesting a perma ban now. And I am not joking. I only have this account to be in this thread. But since LD & Sn4ke went away, this thread got ridiculous quiet. It's like you think that this whole thread revolves around them. And I know for sure that once they are here again I won't be here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom