• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

paolo11

I am currently on my 5th playthrough on MGS4 collecting the emblems for the trophy. My 7th playthrough is Big Boss run. Do my ammo carry over like Rail Gun ammo or Stun/Chaff grenades? I know tranq ammo is limited to 50.

Rean

Hey there, just got my account verified today. Just want to say that I've been following this community thread for a while now (since V1) and you guys are great.

Thanks for the laughs and the great content!
Welcome to the Thread Brother!

iPA8XUYjM3lXM.gif

JayEH

I am currently on my 5th playthrough on MGS4 collecting the emblems for the trophy. My 7th playthrough is Big Boss run. Do my ammo carry over like Rail Gun ammo or Stun/Chaff grenades? I know tranq ammo is limited to 50.

If it has carried over in previous playthroughs not sure why it wouldn't for a Big Boss run.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Damn these guys are on a roll.

The Boss interview is happening.

2015-04-0415_57_41-lo4rjm7.png

So for now is confirmed:

Stefanie Joosten (Quiet)
Lori Alan (The Boss)

I hope they can get Robin Atkin Downes aka The Fiddler too.

Dawg

Looking forward to more YongYea interviews. He always asks the best questions. He is such a true Metal Gear Solid fan, I always enjoy watching his videos. When he and fraggednation joke about Pythonselkan during interviews, ha ha, so good. I really don't understand why people hate on him, he's a pretty cool dude.

Looking forward to more YongYea interviews. He always asks the best questions. He is such a true Metal Gear Solid fan, I always enjoy watching his videos. When he and fraggednation joke about Pythonselkan during interviews, ha ha, so good. I really don't understand why people hate on him, he's a pretty cool dude.
Welcome back Dawg!
I think it's because of those theory videos. some people get rubbed in the wrong way with them.

Did Snake's new avatar show him with a cigarette in his mouth when equipped? I don't remember

It did. The new ones are not animated though, while the old ones were.

I will always miss the old copyright infringing portraits in the original, it's what gave the game this charming 80's flair.

I could never go back to actually playing the original though, the Subsistence version has one very substantial improvement: It actually runs at a tolerable, consistent speed throughout the entire game.

Skullface

It did. The new ones are not animated though, while the old ones were.

I will always miss the old copyright infringing portraits in the original, it's what gave the game this charming 80's flair.

I could never go back to actually playing the original though, the Subsistence version has one very substantial improvement: It actually runs at a tolerable, consistent speed throughout the entire game.

What, you don't miss password saves? ;p JK, I always used save states back in the day.

Sn4ke_911

149 days...

CBwsOkqUIAQsAbr.jpg

EGOMON

Hello MG community i have decided to play all MGS series games so i bought MGS 1 of PSN, MGS 2/3/PW collection disc, MGS 4 and MGS GZ for PS4, now my question what is the best order to play them?

Am thinking mix of release and chronological order as follow:
- Read the story/plot of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 (they are too old for my taste)
- Play MGS 1 then 2 then 4 - since they are direct sequels
- Play MGS 3 then PW then GZ and finally TPP when it comes out - since they are prequels

What do you think guys? or should i just play them according to the release order?

Hello MG community i have decided to play all MGS series games so i bought MGS 1 of PSN, MGS 2/3/PW collection disc, MGS 4 and MGS GZ for PS4, now my question what is the best order to play them?

- Read the story/plot of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 (they are too old for my taste)
- Play MGS 3 then PW then GZ and finally TPP when it comes since they are prequels

What do you think guys? or should i just play them according to the release order?

If first time in series, better play according to the release order.
And when you will fall in love with MGS you will want to complete all games again, so 2nd time play in chronological order.

and btw, 10 hours of pure gameplay, without cutscenes and ONLY main story is prety solid number.

Vally

- Play MGS 3 then PW then GZ and finally TPP when it comes out - since they are prequels

Welcome!

If this is your first time playing the series, play them in release order starting from MGS1. You can skip MG and MG2 and read a summary of the plot if you feel they're too old.

Sn4ke_911

Do you seriously believe that all the main missions of the game, one after the other, cutscenes included, are going to last more than 35 hours?

Well the thing is we don't know how many missions will be in the game. But for everyone who followed the development of this game very closely it sure is possible.

Let's not forget what Troy Baker (Ocelot) said.

Troy Baker: "MGSV may be the biggest game I've ever seen."

As we know Baker is in almost every game so this is a pretty insane statement to make.

Also look how freaking huge that map is.

I think people underestimate the length of this game, just because we haven't seen much doesn't mean the game won't be big.

It will be MASSIVE.

Not to mention Kojima said some missions could take as long as 6 hours... this game will be huge

Exactly!

He also said without the iDroid you could get lost in the african jungle, the game is that big.

what is the reason Kojima is going to add all these tapes in MGS V..?

It's essentially his alternative to the dialogue-heavy cutscenes and codec conversations that we're used to in the series. It's so they are no longer obligatory and don't interfere with gameplay, because you can listen to the tapes whenever you want.

It's essentially his alternative to the dialogue-heavy cutscenes and codec conversations that we're used to in the series. It's so they are no longer obligatory and don't interfere with gameplay, because you can listen to the tapes whenever you want.

yeah..but it seems like he is putting alot of tapes in it...i mean their still recording? why would he put so many tapes in it

Javier23

Banned
Well the thing is we don't know how many missions will be in the game. But for everyone who followed the development of this game very closely it sure is possible.

Let's not forget what Troy Baker (Ocelot) said.

Troy Baker: "MGSV may be the biggest game I've ever seen."

As we know Baker is in almost every game so this is a pretty insane statement to make.

Also look how freaking huge that map is.
No, I mean, I certainly agree on this game looking freaking huge. I'm fairly certain that I'll spend more than one or two hundred hours just on the single-player, and little of that will be replaying stuff. Not to mention the MP. But I very seriously doubt that the main plot missions will take more than thirty hours. Guys, don't take things too literally. I mean, of course this game will be too big for most people to finish. But let's be real, I've spent more than forty hours with Ground Zeroes and I haven't 100%-ed it yet. And since I honestly didn't enjoy PW that much, I stopped not long after getting the secret ending. And I still finished more than three fourths of the extra ops in nearly thirty hours of gameplay. Most people don't finish today AAAs, and those are generally extremely short. Of course TPP is going to be too big for most people who'll play it. Just don't go and extrapolate that fact to everything the game has to offer. Curb your expectations.

EGOMON

If first time in series, better play according to the release order.
And when you will fall in love with MGS you will want to complete all games again, so 2nd time play in chronological order.

and btw, 10 hours of pure gameplay, without cutscenes and ONLY main story is prety solid number.

Welcome!

If this is your first time playing the series, play them in release order starting from MGS1. You can skip MG and MG2 and read a summary of the plot if you feel they're too old.

Alright thanks, will play them on the release order can't wait to get absorbed into this series :D

yeah..but it seems like he is putting alot of tapes in it...i mean their still recording? why would he put so many tapes in it
Not sure... I guess because for Kojima and crew they're fun to record and listen to? He loves filling his games with "details" and I think taking advantage of his voice actors and including a massive amount of conversations for the player to discover has always been a part of that. I really loved the banter between the characters in MGS1 - 3 and thought 4 didn't have nearly enough variety in the codec (whereas the cutscenes were too drawn out). PW with it's casette tapes was a return to form in that sense for me.

Also there was a segment in the MGS4 documentary where Kojima brought the japanese voice actors back 3 months before the game was completed to redo and perfect a scene with Sunny whilst leaving the english version alone, which was unheard of because it was so late in development. And I remember Hayter once said in an interview that the MGS scripts are bigger than he is lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom