• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

KorrZ

Hello MG community i have decided to play all MGS series games so i bought MGS 1 of PSN, MGS 2/3/PW collection disc, MGS 4 and MGS GZ for PS4, now my question what is the best order to play them?

Am thinking mix of release and chronological order as follow:
- Read the story/plot of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 (they are too old for my taste)
- Play MGS 1 then 2 then 4 - since they are direct sequels
- Play MGS 3 then PW then GZ and finally TPP when it comes out - since they are prequels

What do you think guys? or should i just play them according to the release order?

I similarly just started the series in March and played in release order based on recommendations and I think that's definitely the way to go. I'm currently on 4 and it's been a hell of a ride.

Dawg

I miss the good times we had in this thread.

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away / Now it looks as though they're here to stay...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
fc2.png

Amazing.

Who is the artist?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Well the thing is we don't know how many missions will be in the game. But for everyone who followed the development of this game very closely it sure is possible.

Let's not forget what Troy Baker (Ocelot) said.

Troy Baker: "MGSV may be the biggest game I've ever seen."

As we know Baker is in almost every game so this is a pretty insane statement to make.

Also look how freaking huge that map is.

I think people underestimate the length of this game, just because we haven't seen much doesn't mean the game won't be big.

It will be MASSIVE.

Exactly!

He also said without the iDroid you could get lost in the african jungle, the game is that big.

And to be honest, we haven't even seen a single main story mission, even the E3 missions in Afghanistan were specifically made for the event.

I miss the good times we had in this thread.

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away / Now it looks as though they're here to stay...

Konami took our happiness and just teared it apart. I'm going to be forever salty about not playing Silent Hills.

EGOMON

Let us know later, what you did like and what didn't in MGS.
Will do :)
I finished reading MG and MG2 plot and now playing MGS1 i must say getting used to the old school controls and ancient graphics wasn't as hard as i thought, so far am enjoying my time it just that i need to learn to be more patient XD

I similarly just started the series in March and played in release order based on recommendations and I think that's definitely the way to go. I'm currently on 4 and it's been a hell of a ride.
Awesome gonna be there someday :)

Sn4ke_911

And to be honest, we haven't even seen a single main story mission, even the E3 missions in Afghanistan were specifically made for the event.

Yep, if you look at the Afghanistan gameplay demo and compare it to the E3 2013 trailer the beginning when Boss rides with the horse looks completely different.

This is so true. All we really know about the story misisons in TPP is the initial Kaz rescue mission and the Hospital escape tutorial. The gameplay demonstrations themselves were made for E3 and TGS.

Konami took our happiness and just teared it apart. I'm going to be forever salty about not playing Silent Hills.
This is even truer :(

-Deimos

I hope you guys don't seriously believe Kojima's PR speak. Theres nothing wrong with it, but he's obviously going to say whatever he can to promote his product.

I hope you guys don't seriously believe Kojima's PR speak. Theres nothing wrong with it, but he's obviously going to say whatever he can to promote his product.

whats wrong with him saying its going to be his greatest game yet..everyone pretty much thinks this is his magnum opus for mgs.

if i remember right he even said that he thinks TPP will be the best metal gear yet on a kojima station, remember it was translated by junkerhq

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Kojima is one of the most trust-worthy developers in the industry, regardless if he's promoting his games.

with all the themes...could TPP be one of the most controversial games of all time...i feel like their will be alot of controversy in the media when this comes out

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Phf, I can name 5 games in my collection that have child soldiers and torture, y'guys.
I'm glad I can't do that.

brau

Today is my bd guys!

Hai!

I hope royakduke is doing ok.

dawg, u back on tele?

How is everyone doing? Someone mentioned Hayter will be in the game. How true is this?

Who needs an avatar?

How old is big boss in the games? maybe i am now as old as he is.

Dawg

Today is my bd guys!

Hai!

dawg, u back on tele?

How is everyone doing? Someone mentioned Hayter will be in the game. How true is this?

Who needs an avatar?

Happy birthday, brau.

I'm back on tele, me and jay had a good talk.

I expect TPP to be around the same no.of missions as Peace Walker.

30+ "Main Ops"
100+ "Extra Ops."

In terms of length, I'd say just the story itself, probably 30 hours. Add another 20 hours for "fiddling around in your base." Another 200 for grinding/recruiting/extra ops/etc.

strafer

Today is my bd guys!

Hai!

dawg, u back on tele?

Who needs an avatar?

Happy Birthday.

Sn4ke_911

Today is my bd guys!

Hai!

dawg, u back on tele?

Who needs an avatar?

36854204tksrj.jpg

Vally

Happy birthday Brau!

Just playing through Peace Walker for the first time. Is it normal to find Snake's face really annoying?

I wouldn't say annoying but I can see where you're coming from, he always has the same emotionless face in PW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom