• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

Lol Big Boss is even more dense, at least in MGS3.

I think there is a difference with him not wanting to believe he can be betrayed. Or the loyalty to the mission like "the boss" puts it. Than just not knowing wtf is going.

In that respect, Big Boss is way more aware of what is going on that Solid.

brau

BB is more of a geeky kind of dense and dumb.

It's more endearing than Solid's, who sells it straight.

I can get behind this.

I just always felt BB is more emotional. Specially in Peace Walker.

EDIT: Also

CBjD1OyWEAADZ8r.jpg

From Jason Schreier Twitter.

Rajang

He is pretty dense. hahaha

Prbly why i like Big Boss better.

Hahaha what? Solid Snake is portrayed as the more intelligent one. Big Boss is alot more dense, especially in MGS3. MGS3 ruined alot of the mystery surrounding Big Boss and made him look like such a goofy character. Where half the time he acts like a complete idiot. He was like a stereotypical anime protoganist: always hungry, stupid alot of the time, socially awkward, knows everything about one particular subject but seems ignorant about everything else. I only started to like his character after he completed his mission at the end of Snake Eater. His character development in PW was great as well because he became a much more serious character.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Don't be calling my bro Ludvig a rookie, Sn4ke, he wrote Sins of The Father!

Welcome back puppy.

puppy_doge_by_redofohu-d6riwnw.jpg

Damn you're right, he wrote the lyrics for Sins of The Father. Welp then let me rephrase it. He is a pretty good lyrics writer but a rookie when it comes to actually composing music :p

KorrZ

So I've finally beaten MGS and thoroughly enjoyed it. I liked the voice acting and the dialogue for the most part, and the story and the way it unfolded. The gameplay was good and the boss battles weren't too difficult and really fun for the most part (I played on normal). The one part I had trouble with was Rex, it took me a bunch of tries to beat it. The one complaint I have is how naïve and oblivious Snake was, he's supposed to be this legendary soldier who everyone looks up to and respects, but he's kind of an idiot.

I just started MGS2, can't wait to see how this one unfolds.

To be fair, It would have been pretty hard for Snake to be in the know when pretty much every single person on his support team wasn't being straight with him. Naomi, Campbell & Miller were all hiding shit from him.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome back, Dawg. You can't imagine what has happened while you were gone.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
LOL!!!

but yeah I'm with Tora here, your constant Bloodborne pics spam got pretty annoying Dawg :3

2015-04-0319_18_59-t.cxbdz.png

brau

You can say literally anything you want about my company, it doesn't affect me. BUT WHEN YOU START MESSING WITH MY FROM SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE!!

Good try Tora. But we all know you are the one pulling the strings over there.

Or should i say, Mr President
of Konami

Rajang

Probably not. I doubt Konami sees merit in hiring such a high priced high profile actor as much as Kojima does.

Yeah.

I think they will put the focus on the Japanese cast first, just like they did before MGSV. Who knows who they will get for the English va. And to be honest, I don't really care. MGSV is the last real Metal Gear anyway.

Hey there, just got my account verified today. Just want to say that I've been following this community thread for a while now (since V1) and you guys are great.

Thanks for the laughs and the great content!

brau

Hey there, just got my account verified today. Just want to say that I've been following this community thread for a while now (since V1) and you guys are great.

Nice handle name!

Welcome to Outer GAF!

My name is brau and i like long walks on the beach with Kaz, i mean... Paz.

Akiller

Welcome Brother!Since you've just joined you have to asnwer to our newcomer question:who's your favorite Pokémon?
Big Boss note:Chinner is not a Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom